All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Care to take a picture and post the.final standings and break down from the division? That might help us.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

here's the kicker... and I expect this to blow this up even more. We were never given our score sheets. If I get them I will photocopy them and post them.

Because they are from Thailand there was some sort of miscommunication? I guess it must be the same type of miscommunication that the Chinese women's gymnastics had at the last olympics with regard to their age. Maybe the Asian countries count a little differently than everyone else.

i just said miscommunication because i dont feel like they would purposefully or intentionally break the rules.

here's the kicker... and I expect this to blow this up even more. We were never given our score sheets. If I get them I will photocopy them and post them.

Nice. I wonder why?

Did Texas get 3rd? If TG got 2nd then there is a 3rd place.

Texas is listed as third on the USASF results page (hopefully they have a globe and medals as well)

So they gave an honorary 1st to Bangkok. One that doesn't matter because it affected no one else. They gave out my emerging countries idea.

So they gave an honorary 1st to Bangkok. One that doesn't matter because it affected no one else. They gave out my emerging countries idea.

That is what I was getting at with my first post: (i.e. doing the right thing on one hand and avoiding international controversy on the other?) Sorry I wasn't clearer.

That is what I was getting at with my first post: (i.e. doing the right thing on one hand and avoiding international controversy on the other?) Sorry I wasn't clearer.

I disagree that it was the right thing. When Olympic athletes accidently take cold medicine and test positive for a banned substance with no intention of performance enhancement its still against the rules.

Also, will they change the ICU rules so there is a 12 boy limit so international countries don't have to bring extras for 2 routines?

The "right thing" I am referring to, is that GymTyme got 1st, Top Gun 2nd and Texas 3rd. I don't agree with them allowing Bangkok to compete with additional boys and they probably need to get a little more of a backbone with regard to enforcing rules with the international community. Question, do they have judges representing countries other then the US for the international divisions or are they US judges? (because if the judges are representative of the international community they should be comfortable enforcing the rules without bias, if I am making any sense)

The "right thing" I am referring to, is that GymTyme got 1st, Top Gun 2nd and Texas 3rd. I don't agree with them allowing Bangkok to compete with additional boys and they probably need to get a little more of a backbone with regard to enforcing rules with the international community. Question, do they have judges representing countries other then the US for the international divisions or are they US judges? (because if the judges are representative of the international community they should be comfortable enforcing the rules without bias, if I am making any sense)

I would assume they are the judges that work all of the US

I think shame goes just as equally to the USASF/judges for not knowing the rules/enforcing them from the get-go. Quite frankly, I didn't even know you could only have 12 guys at Worlds, and I'm guessing most of us here didn't know that either. The fact that you're also allowed to compete with more elsewhere then are expected to 'trim the fat' I personally think is silly, but that's just me.

They had ample time to catch this..and didn't. The fact that many teams did it makes me believe that something isn't clear in the rules..I wonder what the wording is?

I think shame goes just as equally to the USASF/judges for not knowing the rules/enforcing them from the get-go. Quite frankly, I didn't even know you could only have 12 guys at Worlds, and I'm guessing most of us here didn't know that either. The fact that you're also allowed to compete with more elsewhere then are expected to 'trim the fat' I personally think is silly, but that's just me.

They had ample time to catch this..and didn't. The fact that many teams did it makes me believe that something isn't clear in the rules..I wonder what the wording is?

The confusion is that the divisions to win the bid are listed as unlimited males. It also doesn't help that the ICU matches this by allowing unlimited males.

In the packet you have to sign to agree to compete under it says you are limited to 12 males.

I have emailed many times over the years to try and fix this.

The confusion is that the divisions to win the bid are listed as unlimited males. It also doesn't help that the ICU matches this by allowing unlimited males.

In the packet you have to sign to agree to compete under it says you are limited to 12 males.

I have emailed many times over the years to try and fix this.
Has it always been this way (the males limit)? Does anyone have videos from Bangkok from previous years, and do they have males limits then (or are they over)? Are there any videos from last years international teams that also have more than 12 males (if the limit existed then)?

Latest posts

Back