All-Star Too Small A Venue

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have two points I would like to make and am quite long-winded, so sorry in advance if this gets a bit long.

We won't be moving out of Disney/WWOS for the next few years. We all know this is true. For now, I would propose having one venue hold all of the all-girl teams, and one for coed. Still have at-larges compete Friday in Jostens so we don't mess with ICU, but Sat and Sun I suggest having separate venues. Stack them so the teams of the same size are competing at the same time. Start with small AG and coed, IO5/IOC5, MAG/MC, IO6/IOC6, and finish the day with large AG and coed. This separates the more popular divisions with international teams to hopefully alleviate some crowding. People will have to choose who to see and plan ahead much like at Cheersport. I understand this will be difficult for the coaches (and possibly parents) of a few elite gyms with multiple worlds teams, but those coaches are often leaders in the industry and hopefully willing to sacrifice a bit for the good of others.

In the future, I would like to see Worlds moved to Vegas. The Grand Garden Arena at MGM is huge and incredible to compete in. I competed there many years ago when American Championships Vegas was huge and big names like Cheer Athletics and Georgia attended. Now it seems like it is only west coast gyms in attendance, but I still have as many amazing memories from two years competing there as I do competing at Worlds twice. I've been to Vegas as a teenager and at 21 and there is plenty for both age groups to do. Obviously, there is no shortage of hotel rooms, most major hotels have multi-lingual employees, and there is a subway system connecting all the hotels on the Strip. There are plenty of restaurants, shopping malls, roller coasters, and of course shows for everyone to see. The 21+ crowd would likely go to the night clubs rather than hanging out with, and potentially providing alcohol to, the under age crowd. Security is incredibly tight and if anyone tried causing a riot like the one I've heard about this weekend it would be shut down in an instant. I know Vegas is seen as a party town, but I believe it would be the perfect fit for Worlds.

Though it would be inconvenient for spectators - though obviously there are just too many of us now - they should spread the Worlds dividisons among different parks and buildings so that there are a limited amount of spectators in each building/park. This would eliminate the huge amount of people at 1 building.

I'm sure Disney has lots of facilities to accomodate a variety of events. Some divisions would require larger venues then others, and ultimately spectators would not be able to travel as easily between venues which would help with crowd control.

Suggested Ideas;
Milkhouse - Hold 1 major division at a time (Large Sr, Small Sr, Lrg Coed)
Jostens - Hold smaller but still popular divisions
Epcot - Dance divisions
Indiana Jones @ Hollywood Studios - International 5's
Hotel Ballroom/Other Park Venue/Staging - International 6's

If they had four or five venues going at the same time, it would definitely cut down on the amount of spectators at any individual venue and limit the amount of spectators entering a venue for 1 division and just hanging around for the others.

Just my two cents!

In terms of NYC weather- it was a comfortable mid-60s to low 70s today. As a resident NYC-er, sure it's expensive if you're eating out in Times Sq every night, going out partying in A-list clubs and staying at super-swanky hotels. However- the subway system isn't bad at ALL, and TONS of trips I've taken with schools had people on buses. The one issue is LOCATION of residence- I'm not sure about hotels and such and the logistics of that aspect. But seriously, the city could handle it. Question is whether WE could handle it..

Here's a crazy idea....
Worlds is held each year where the highest scoring team from the previous year resides. So Cali wins for their division and posts the "grand champ" score...Worlds is held in Anaheim. If GymTyme has the highest score...we all go to Louisville....

Here's a crazy idea....
Worlds is held each year where the highest scoring team from the previous year resides. So Cali wins for their division and posts the "grand champ" score...Worlds is held in Anaheim. If GymTyme has the highest score...we all go to Louisville....

Okay I'll play along. Who had the highest score and where are we headed in April 2013?

Though it would be inconvenient for spectators - though obviously there are just too many of us now - they should spread the Worlds dividisons among different parks and buildings so that there are a limited amount of spectators in each building/park. This would eliminate the huge amount of people at 1 building.

I'm sure Disney has lots of facilities to accomodate a variety of events. Some divisions would require larger venues then others, and ultimately spectators would not be able to travel as easily between venues which would help with crowd control.

Suggested Ideas;
Milkhouse - Hold 1 major division at a time (Large Sr, Small Sr, Lrg Coed)
Jostens - Hold smaller but still popular divisions
Epcot - Dance divisions
Indiana Jones @ Hollywood Studios - International 5's
Hotel Ballroom/Other Park Venue/Staging - International 6's

If they had four or five venues going at the same time, it would definitely cut down on the amount of spectators at any individual venue and limit the amount of spectators entering a venue for 1 division and just hanging around for the others.

Just my two cents!

or you just run into the problem of everyone in one building and no one watching the other divisions.

Bottom line is that it appears that moving venues is not an option for 2013 unless USASF has some kind of "out" in their contract with Disney. They will simply have to limit ticket sales or have special tickets to specific divisions until the location issue resolves itself over time. I was a first time Worlds mom and had no idea that I should have been there 4 hours early to see my son compete. Had I known I would have camped out the night before. It is offensive to imply that parents who did not arrive early were somehow negligent. Unless this situation is controlled with specific numbers of tickets sold for specific events then Disney and USASF will have no way of knowing what to expect. I know it is hugely distasteful to suggest that pure spectators will probably not make the cut and athletes from other divisions will not be able to sit in, but it is a temporary solution until the contract expires - hopefully not 17 years from now as some have suggested.

Although I thought that moving awards to the baseball field was totally tacky and insulting, the concept behind it might work. How about if ALL awards sessions were held in a separate location - a WELL-DESIGNED, photogenic and attractive location? That might move just enough people out between divisions to allow those most interested in the next teams/division competing to enter.

However, this means all awards would be held in that one place, not just some of them. Otherwise it is going to cause the same type of conflict as we see today with people not being happy with competing in Jostens instead of the Milkhouse.

Bottom line is that it appears that moving venues is not an option for 2013 unless USASF has some kind of "out" in their contract with Disney. They will simply have to limit ticket sales or have special tickets to specific divisions until the location issue resolves itself over time. I was a first time Worlds mom and had no idea that I should have been there 4 hours early to see my son compete. Had I known I would have camped out the night before. It is offensive to imply that parents who did not arrive early were somehow negligent. Unless this situation is controlled with specific numbers of tickets sold for specific events then Disney and USASF will have no way of knowing what to expect. I know it is hugely distasteful to suggest that pure spectators will probably not make the cut and athletes from other divisions will not be able to sit in, but it is a temporary solution until the contract expires - hopefully not 17 years from now as some have suggested.

I wasn't a first time Mom but was chaperoning a room with some Coed kids that needed to be up, dressed, hair and makeup done and fed before a 10 am meet time with their team mom all while trying to make it at 9:15 to see our All Girl Team. We were up at 6 am trying to get there by 8. But you know girls.....lmao.....I think we made it by 8:30. Kids got in....parents didn't. And I agree they were acting like we were somehow negligent for not showing up at 6 am to get in line. That was 1 of the many things that ticked me off.

Although I thought that moving awards to the baseball field was totally tacky and insulting, the concept behind it might work. How about if ALL awards sessions were held in a separate location - a WELL-DESIGNED, photogenic and attractive location? That might move just enough people out between divisions to allow those most interested in the next teams/division competing to enter.

However, this means all awards would be held in that one place, not just some of them. Otherwise it is going to cause the same type of conflict as we see today with people not being happy with competing in Jostens instead of the Milkhouse.

I agree with you. It was.

But it got the end result they were looking for!! Move the kids to another location and the parents will have to follow. This moves the people out who have paid the bills for many many many years......and allows the spectator's to remain in their seat enjoying the rest of the show.

What I know is that if something significant is not done that I and 1000s of others will be at the gates of the WWOS at 6am, maybe earlier. That will create another significant problem. The only solution for the short term is to sell assigned tickets to those popular divisions. Those in the know who want to watch those divisions WILL do whatever it takes to see them and there just simply are too many of them for the Milk House to accommodate. Perhaps have a presale date for bid winners and then open it up for others closer to the event date. There will not be a solution that will not offend someone, but the USASF will have to prioritize the access to those seats.

Back