All-Star #topoftheworlds - Usasf Has Big News On Monday??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I worry more about the fact that registered sex offender gym owners are still allowed to be 100% involved with All Star. No USASF sanctions or limitations whatsoever.

But who cares when you can watch the top 3 All Girl team routines from Worlds!!

:eek: :confused:

I worry more about the fact that registered sex offender gym owners are still allowed to be 100% involved with All Star. No USASF sanctions or limitations whatsoever.

But who cares when you can watch the top 3 All Girl team routines from Worlds!!
yup. I'm not exactly WILD about that situation......
honestly the more I learn about this industry the more I wish my kids were involved in something else. Which is sad because I love to watch what they do, I just hate the BS that governs and monopolizes it.

REVOLUTION.

While that is probably what should happen, I doubt it will. We will keep on complaining, criticizing, pleading, begging, writing, etc. and ultimately they will do what they do when they desire and when it best benefits them. And since it is way more of a monopoly than it was when the few were first talking about it years ago, it is even harder to pull away from it for most gyms. Any reasonable competitive option is usually bought or froze out.

yup. I'm not exactly WILD about that situation......
honestly the more I learn about this industry the more I wish my kids were involved in something else. Which is sad because I love to watch what they do, I just hate the BS that governs and monopolizes it.

It makes me scratch my head that even though an EP can give consent for sex offenders to be allowed at a comp, none of the attendees are notified that the person(s) are in attendance.
And if a parent/program doesn't already know the story, they're completely clueless about the possibility of the offender being there.
Now. Let's go watch Lady Lightning.

It makes me scratch my head that even though an EP can give consent for sex offenders to be allowed at a comp, none of the attendees are notified that the person(s) are in attendance.
And if a parent/program doesn't already know the story, they're completely clueless about the possibility of the offender being there.
Now. Let's go watch Lady Lightning.
Especially when that same EP could care less about enforcing the cover up rule. What's a bunch of adolescent girls walking around with unzipped half tops and skirts with their phones sticking out of the spanks in heavy make up matter anyway...I'm sure that's a perfectly acceptable place for a registered sex offender the EP knows about (that none of their parents do).

Which is not to say there aren't more there we don't know about....but really? You're giving permission for one to be there?

While that is probably what should happen, I doubt it will. We will keep on complaining, criticizing, pleading, begging, writing, etc. and ultimately they will do what they do when they desire and when it best benefits them. And since it is way more of a monopoly than it was when the few were first talking about it years ago, it is even harder to pull away from it for most gyms. Any reasonable competitive option is usually bought or froze out.

I haven't said it in awhile so here goes. Remember way back in the day?? You were right!!!

I haven't said it in awhile so here goes. Remember way back in the day?? You were right!!!

There were a few of us that were seeing it then as it is now, even though we were all branded as conspiracy theorists and no names who since we hadn't coached or won worlds we knew absolutely nothing about the industry as a whole. My time in USGF and watching what happened between them and USAIGC is what clued me in to a lot of the potential happenings. I really wish some of those old threads on the old boards could be seen now in light of everything that has and is happening.

Make no mistake I think it can be fixed, but the until the focus changes from the top it won't. We are trying to effect change from the bottom up and there are enough guardians at the gates to keep any radical movement in the industry from proceeding but so far. They will always give crumbs out to appease a few without changing what they want to do structurally. There were two seismic moments since I have been in the industry when this industry could of split and both prospered serving two different core groups of gyms, EP's, vendors, parents and athletes. The first was when Jamfest bought Final Destination. The second was the initial creation of ASGA. Me thinks those times are gone and even if it splits now, it won't have the ability to survive because the tentacles of the monopoly have gotten bigger, stronger and richer.

If there's seriously a sex offender coaching or owning a gym I don't think it should be kept anonymous as to who it is. Registries are public information.

I can't recall the name of the program, but it came out in the news a few years ago that a well-known VA gym has one.

Trust me, if anyone near me has a sex offender working for them, I'll be the first to tell every single parent I see walking in the door.

I can't recall the name of the program, but it came out in the news a few years ago that a well-known VA gym has one.

Trust me, if anyone near me has a sex offender working for them, I'll be the first to tell every single parent I see walking in the door.

That's the thing - they have to disclose to their customers, and do, and people still choose to go there.

Back