All-Star #topoftheworlds - Usasf Has Big News On Monday??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If there's seriously a sex offender coaching or owning a gym I don't think it should be kept anonymous as to who it is. Registries are public information.

Any of the mods can feel free to take this post down, but knowing it was in Virginia and someone carefully choosing to use the word WILD made it quite easy to google the information of their owner. Some places list him as former, but the VA Wild website still says he is the current owner

If there's seriously a sex offender coaching or owning a gym I don't think it should be kept anonymous as to who it is. Registries are public information.

A Google search of "sex offender" "cheer gym" "Virginia" should just about do it, I think.

How is the state okay with his listed occupation as working with minor children? He's not even trying to conceal what he does for work--it's listed on his sex offender page.

How is the state okay with his listed occupation as working with minor children? He's not even trying to conceal what he does for work--it's listed on his sex offender page.

Fought that battle years ago and lost. I'm still dumbfounded.

The Fierce Board: Big announcement tomorrow!!

When the sex offender stuff first came out (6-7 years ago?) many of us did a lot of work to see what could be done about it since we had children that were headed to a nationals that he was going to be at. Bottom line was that the only entities that had any control over the issue was the EP and the convention center manager/owner. The EP at the time said that he would not be issued coaches privileges to have warm-up access but couldn't prevent him from attending the event since it was open to the public. The building manager sent security personnel his picture but also said they could not prevent him from attending, just no access to closed access areas. We learned a lot during that time. Yella Ribbon's former owner, Nancy did a lot of work to get that much done. She was even going to hand out flyers at the nationals with his picture on it but were quickly told she would be sued for that. Many people like to bash her but she worked really hard to get that much done.

The gym itself rearranged ownership so that his name wasn't listed as owner or even a coach at the time but last time I heard he was still a presence there.

I'm stunned this guy can still be working with girls in the same gym where his crimes took place. Stunned.

The only thing I can think of is his terms of probation/registry don't require him to stay away from children, which wouldn't make sense that they wouldn't have that as a stipulation in his "terms" but is the only reason I can imagine.

Here you go.. I will eliminate the need for a search unless the PTB choose to delete it.

Ex-cheerleading club coach to register as a sex offender | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Their gym website still lists him as the gym owner even though it says former in the article.

We have one of these in the horse world too.. Not sure how much he works these days but was an announcer who also ran a website geared toward children and regularly invited them to visit him in his announcer tower at shows. I would not have been sad if someone had taken him out. There is a special place for people like that and there should be no one, anywhere, willing to protect them. Once pond scum, always pond scum. Sorry not sorry.

We used to compete against them around this time, I remember parents being extra careful when it came to this gym.

HOW IS THAT OK?! Sexual Battery of a minor and your job lists you as working in a facility with children. I don't care if you scrub the floors..it's not kosher.
Not saying it's right and I do not know the circumstances but sexual battery of a minor can be as simple as a 20 year old having consensual sex with a 16 year old. Not saying this is right at all but it's not necessarily predatory in nature.

There were a few of us that were seeing it then as it is now, even though we were all branded as conspiracy theorists and no names who since we hadn't coached or won worlds we knew absolutely nothing about the industry as a whole. My time in USGF and watching what happened between them and USAIGC is what clued me in to a lot of the potential happenings. I really wish some of those old threads on the old boards could be seen now in light of everything that has and is happening.

Make no mistake I think it can be fixed, but the until the focus changes from the top it won't. We are trying to effect change from the bottom up and there are enough guardians at the gates to keep any radical movement in the industry from proceeding but so far. They will always give crumbs out to appease a few without changing what they want to do structurally. There were two seismic moments since I have been in the industry when this industry could of split and both prospered serving two different core groups of gyms, EP's, vendors, parents and athletes. The first was when Jamfest bought Final Destination. The second was the initial creation of ASGA. Me thinks those times are gone and even if it splits now, it won't have the ability to survive because the tentacles of the monopoly have gotten bigger, stronger and richer.
I concur! Honestly... While the PTB keep raking in the $, they appear to have no real incentive to change the way things are. And make no mistake, this includes many a mega gym owner, EP and governing board/monopolizing force of the industry. Sure they shuffle a few chips here and there, but if you really peek behind the magic curtain...they're all just stacking more and more chips in their corners.

Back