All-Star #topoftheworlds - Usasf Has Big News On Monday??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is a little out there and I do not want this to happen AT All! But we have been kinda going to the extreme already so here's another extreme...what if the announcement is that gyms are only allowed to bring one team to worlds forcing them to compete in the larger categories.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Actually, the more I think about it, the more my "DII Gyms Can Only Enter One Worlds Division" rule seems to actually make sense.

Take a gander at the medalists from Worlds--how many of them are the only Worlds team from their gym? (International divisions excluded)

Actually, the more I think about it, the more my "DII Gyms Can Only Enter One Worlds Division" rule seems to actually make sense.

Take a gander at the medalists from Worlds--how many of them are the only Worlds team from their gym? (International divisions excluded)

Maybe limit it to one Senior division? We have 3 worlds teams (two level 6s, but that's largely because one of our owners coaches a college team), but I don't see us having more than one senior team anytime soon.

Though international 5 team kind of defeats the purpose of that rule. Let's make a senior team and an i5 team of all senior eligible athletes.

But I do like the idea.

I'm not sure how I feel about self-selection though. If we want to compare to college divisions - you don't get a choice which division your college is. Self-selecting means there's really no prestige to winning DII. And I know some DIII college national champs that don't feel their win is any less valid than a DI win.

I actually really like this rule. Hope someone as smart as you thought of it.

ETA: I agree with the @Ashley caveat to one senior team and one international. That takes care of the aged out athletes as well.

Maybe limit it to one Senior division? We have 3 worlds teams (two level 6s, but that's largely because one of our owners coaches a college team), but I don't see us having more than one senior team anytime soon.

I could be down for this.

EDIT: I'm still thinking re: colleges when it comes to "Self-selecting."

Providence College, for instance: teeny tiny D1 school that is only D1 because we chose to be.
University of Southern Maine: huge school that is D3 because it wants to be. There's one D1 school in the state (University of Maine), and even that school only has roughly a thousand more undergrads than D3 USM.

I have had this discussion with some friends. If this is the announcement the USASF is making, then I hope they have been wise enough to think of this. I would hope there is a rule that says regardless of tax id, if any of the ownership is the same then then all locations count as one gym.
I agree that USASF has a lot more critical things it needs to fix, but I see the smaller (200 or less) gyms constantly losing kids to the big gyms, so if done right (and I have my concerns), I think it is a great thing for the industry.

Proud supporter of the IBFC since 1997
I would have hoped that when they announced the baseball field and the late competition times OUTSIDE for Worlds, they would have had a logical backup plan for weather and all the technical/sound things taken care of.

And yet, we had Worlds Day 4 at Midnight. So there's that..

Worlds Day 4?
The DI/DII seems the most plausible, albeit convoluted.

The cynical side of me says, USASF admits Worlds IS too big, but rather than a new venue, they just split it between two weekends. They've already shown they don't care about the logistical nightmare caused by The Summit for some families and gyms. So why not another weekend in Disney? Hooray!

The DI/DII seems the most plausible, albeit convoluted.

The cynical side of me says, USASF admits Worlds IS too big, but rather than a new venue, they just split it between two weekends. They've already shown they don't care about the logistical nightmare caused by The Summit for some families and gyms. So why not another weekend in Disney? Hooray!
I need a "thumbs up for sarcasm" rating :rolleyes:.

Back