All-Star Tumble Tracks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

With a pit, i think its very helpful.
You can do the skill into the pit, then add mats over the trampoline part. This way, it takes away more of your bounce until it's like you are almost on the floor. i have learned and mastered many skills this way.

they are very beneficial, but i dont like using them that much. im to scared to do even a round off bhs on there. i only use it for doing single tumbling skills.

If you like them beneficial but I know many people who hate tumble tracks, including myself. It freaks me out. I used to like them though and I thought it was really helpful for some reason they scare me now.

cheerchick795 said:
If you like them beneficial but I know many people who hate tumble tracks, including myself. It freaks me out. I used to like them though and I thought it was really helpful for some reason they scare me now.

One of my girls that gets monster air time on the floor won't go near the tumble track bc she can't control her power and height on it. She learned on it when she was younger though. Now, several of my better tumblers don't like it either even though they don't get nearly the height she gets on or off the trak.

One of my girls that gets monster air time on the floor won't go near the tumble track bc she can't control her power and height on it. She learned on it when she was younger though. Now, several of my better tumblers don't like it either even though they don't get nearly the height she gets on or off the trak.
Yeah, I have the same problem. I get really high on the floor so I'm afraid to go on the tumble track. I don't know how to control my power on it....Anyone have tips?

We tell them to tumble "softly" and that helps some of them but this girl is just too powerful even at half speed

Thanks, We are opening up an indoor trampoline park with 7 tumble tracks and a spring floor so I was wondering what the cheer world thought. The other day a cheerleader told me she learned bad habits on the tumble track.
I can't see how you could pick up any bad habits from a Tumble Track.... aside from becoming too dependent on the extra bounce it gives you. You still learn/perform the skill the same way as you would on floor, only difference is it's easier to learn new skills because you get more height with less punch (if that makes sense?) so it's easier to get used to. Which is not a bad habit at all

beneficial! i learned my full on there before i went to the floor. i know that if i didnt learn on the tumble track first, i probably would have hurt myself. it helps you get the feel of how to do a skill and get your confidence up before you go do it on the floor.

have you tried just having her do a standing bhs into the skill on the trak? should be more controlable

I can't see how you could pick up any bad habits from a Tumble Track.... aside from becoming too dependent on the extra bounce it gives you. You still learn/perform the skill the same way as you would on floor, only difference is it's easier to learn new skills because you get more height with less punch (if that makes sense?) so it's easier to get used to. Which is not a bad habit at all

I bet it was an athlete that wasn't using Tumble Track but an at home trampoline. When kids use those they sometimes form bad habits.

CGAcheer said:
have you tried just having her do a standing bhs into the skill on the trak? should be more controlable

We have actually. She is just so strong it really doesn't take much effort from her. She hits the springs in the floor so well too that we usually just mat up anything new she's working to give her cushion on her landing. She's a beast at getting air. It's amazing. I can't even reach her at her apex so I can't spot her myself and I'm 5'5" without my arms up!

Only when you're first starting a skill. I hate doing anything after a ro hand on there cause then I just go flying. :/

I bet it was an athlete that wasn't using Tumble Track but an at home trampoline. When kids use those they sometimes form bad habits.
I guess so, especially since there's no instructor there to make sure their technique is on the right track (no pun intended?)
Welcome to the boards, btw!! :)

I guess so, especially since there's no instructor there to make sure their technique is on the right track (no pun intended?)
Welcome to the boards, btw!! :)

Thanks!! Still trying to get the hang of things lol Great to see so many people on here though so passionate about things!

Back