All-Star Tumbling Corrections?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 25, 2015
Is anyone else here (or your CP) not able to take tumbling corrections? If I try to, I always do something wrong and it results in a mental block. I have been able to take small corrections, like tumbling faster, but if my coach tells me to set or twist differently I just can't do it.

I often try corrections initially with spot, so I can focus on the correction without worrying so much about doing something wrong as well. But usually, I know exactly what I need to so, I just don't know how to make my body do it.

Is anyone else here (or your CP) not able to take tumbling corrections? If I try to, I always do something wrong and it results in a mental block. I have been able to take small corrections, like tumbling faster, but if my coach tells me to set or twist differently I just can't do it.

What do you mean by doing something wrong?? Is it something that is scary or dangerous? If so, it's possible you need more information (or different information) from your coach about the correction or what it is you're trying to do. When you get the correction, make sure you fully understand it- try to break it down into a couple of words, then picture yourself doing the skill, while saying the cue words in your head. Do this with arm movements or body positions as well, and then try it. If you're not scared of the skill but feel like you can't do it, maybe it's lack of confidence or fear of messing up? While this may result in a block, it may be that your fear of failure is holding you back and you need a change in perspective that the turns you take that don't go well can help the next turn be better.

Back