All-Star Twisting The Wrong Way In My Full?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So have you actually tried fulling to the right? If your fighting it & almost getting round then maybe if you mean to go right you'll end up all the way round? Break it down & apply it in the other direction.
Otherwise I'd go back to basics & relearn it. You won't ever be confident in comp with it if you have the thought of twisting the other way in the back of your mind.

I don't have a full but our coach always tells the kids when they're first learning to twist to the side you roundoff on
This seems to be true for most people but most flyers I know spin left because of full downs, double downs, and twisting baskets. Left feels natural for me to spin but that just hasn't been happening lately.

So have you actually tried fulling to the right? If your fighting it & almost getting round then maybe if you mean to go right you'll end up all the way round? Break it down & apply it in the other direction.
Otherwise I'd go back to basics & relearn it. You won't ever be confident in comp with it if you have the thought of twisting the other way in the back of your mind.

I have made it allt he way around when twisting to the right. But it's not nearly as controlled as when I spin to the left because my body is not used to it.

This seems to be true for most people but most flyers I know spin left because of full downs, double downs, and twisting baskets. Left feels natural for me to spin but that just hasn't been happening lately.
That makes sense. If I had a full I would feel more comfortable pulling to the left too lol

stcchamp
Diamond
@leighhhhhhhh
tumbleyoda

Thank y'all for all of your help! I think I was just over thinking it because I haven't fulled the wrong way since I posted this thread! Hopefully other people who have my same problem can come here and see all the wonderful tips y'all gave me:) And on the plus side, my full is even better than it was before so maybe this was a good thing! Again, thank you all so much<3

Back