All-Star Two Kids, Two Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well lucklily in my case it was an age/division issue. I do have to travel a little bit more now but it really is worth it. I look forward to having a great season with both of my girls. Also they are both very proud of eachother and actually get along better. Lol

I thought of the two shirt thing. But maybe I will do day 1 and then day2 switch. Lol. I will figure it out. I get crazy too maybe I can paint my face and do crazy hair lol.

I'll never forget seeing the parent at nca with a haft ca and haft spirit shirt on. So cute! But yes I know of one girl Whos on fiercekatz and her sisters on spirits international I believe so they will be competing against each other

That makes no sense...I think I know who your referring to and she was on Spirit's Open 5 last season and then competed with FierceKatz at Worlds with her sister...so why didn't they just stay with both on the same team? I can understand if your children are on two different levels and a gym doesn't have a team for one of them but if they are both in the same division why waste the gas and have the drama of competing against each other?

I have a friend who cheers at Cheer Athletics and her younger sister goes to Austin Cheer Factory! Lots of flying and driving...

That makes no sense...I think I know who your referring to and she was on Spirit's Open 5 last season and then competed with FierceKatz at Worlds with her sister...so why didn't they just stay with both on the same team? I can understand if your children are on two different levels and a gym doesn't have a team for one of them but if they are both in the same division why waste the gas and have the drama of competing against each other?

No idea ?! Maybe she was happier at spirit but who knows

I thought of the two shirt thing. But maybe I will do day 1 and then day2 switch. Lol. I will figure it out. I get crazy too maybe I can paint my face and do crazy hair lol.

This is a big problem area for me....When the parent of the kids would shed our t-shirt and put on the other gyms for the next daughters performance or the other way around.... it was just so aggravating!! Not to mention they would then wear it in our team room and then all the talking started....AHHHH!! We finally had to ask the parent to not wear our shirt or colors and not wear the other gyms shirt or colors and just cheer on their kid.

I think that is best anyway since by the very nature of their dual gym membership they have no real loyalty to one particular organization.

I feel that I am loyal to both gyms. They are very different, one small and one large. Also since I had belonged to one for so long with my older daughter I have developed many friendships that are very quality and long-lasting. In fact they were supportive of my other daughters transition. After all if you know you can't offer something she needs, isn't it appropriate to support them to get what they need? Both of my daughters have lots of love and support from eachother and each others gyms. They take clinics at each others gyms, and display great friendship and commeradary. But maybe that is because that is what I do. I love all different gyms, I just enjoy watching talent from everywhere. It's just so exciting and entertaining. Both of my daughters are welcomed in each others cheer gyms by staff and parents and cheerleaders as well. These kids have friends and families all over the country. I could be wrong but I think it's commedable that these kids an display better humanity skills than most adults. I would rather display the iPromise, a loyalty to the sport. My kids wear all different gym t-shirts as well as all of their friends. Support the industry as a whole. Be the best you can be for yourself, not to your "rival". We don't even use the word rival, competitor maybe. But again, there is a big difference between our two gyms, so maybe that's why it doesn't seem that way to me, they are just different. :)

I thought this was weird at first, and then I realized it's like sending siblings to different private schools. In either situation, the athlete needs to go where he/she is happiest. One gym may be a great fit for one sibling and not the other.

I feel that I am loyal to both gyms. They are very different, one small and one large. Also since I had belonged to one for so long with my older daughter I have developed many friendships that are very quality and long-lasting. In fact they were supportive of my other daughters transition. After all if you know you can't offer something she needs, isn't it appropriate to support them to get what they need? Both of my daughters have lots of love and support from eachother and each others gyms. They take clinics at each others gyms, and display great friendship and commeradary. But maybe that is because that is what I do. I love all different gyms, I just enjoy watching talent from everywhere. It's just so exciting and entertaining. Both of my daughters are welcomed in each others cheer gyms by staff and parents and cheerleaders as well. These kids have friends and families all over the country. I could be wrong but I think it's commedable that these kids an display better humanity skills than most adults. I would rather display the iPromise, a loyalty to the sport. My kids wear all different gym t-shirts as well as all of their friends. Support the industry as a whole. Be the best you can be for yourself, not to your "rival". We don't even use the word rival, competitor maybe. But again, there is a big difference between our two gyms, so maybe that's why it doesn't seem that way to me, they are just different. :)

I think it is wonderful that you have developed good relationships with each gym. We all love great cheerleading, we commonly listen to other teams music as we work out and many of our athletes have exchanged shirts over the years with other gyms at competition and wear those shirts to practice all the time. It is great to have that love for our sport being displayed on a regular basis.
I do not think that you can however state that you have "loyalty" to both gyms, you have friendships and attend both but that is a different thing all together. You have loyalty to your girls...AS YOU SHOULD..and that is why I do not think it is appropriate for you to display your dual membership at competition. You should support who you came to support and that is your individual athlete. Just my opinion.

My friend Kyle cheered on Core Athletix and CNY while his sister cheered on Northeast Elite, and now Fame NY. :)

As we all know...no one gym can be all things for all people....I feel bad for the parent who happens to have two kids with different needs. In the end...I would hope ALL gyms could be understanding and have compassion for a parent who is trying to do good for their kids...it speaks volumes for their loyalty IMO. They could easily make one kid or another take the hit and have them both at the same gym...and yet they go through it for their kids. Are we in it for our kids..or our egos? It's just cheer...why is a T Shirt such a problem...the kids are happy where they are I would assume..and if we ALL care about the kids....then that's what's important....no?

I agree that each individual is different and that sometimes means that families have to attend two different gyms. Absolutely is goes without saying that no one gym is a perfect match for every athlete. It is a wonderful thing that our industry has grown so much and one of our greatest strengths is the diversity this brings. I am not arguing against spiting a family between gyms (although in my opinion it is a very rare situation that makes it necessary). I am simply saying that at a competition, in my experience, nothing good comes from a parent trying to wear the colors of two different gyms and that was the compromise that we came up with for this family in our gym.

I agree that each individual is different and that sometimes means that families have to attend two different gyms. Absolutely is goes without saying that no one gym is a perfect match for every athlete. It is a wonderful thing that our industry has grown so much and one of our greatest strengths is the diversity this brings. I am not arguing against spiting a family between gyms (although in my opinion it is a very rare situation that makes it necessary). I am simply saying that at a competition, in my experience, nothing good comes from a parent trying to wear the colors of two different gyms and that was the compromise that we came up with for this family in our gym.
I understand:) I am sure the parents are trying their best.....I would imagine it's not the ideal but it sounds like everyone is trying to make it work:)

I saw a picture on facebook last week of a family at competition and the son cheered for California All Stars and daughter cheered for Cheerforce. On one side the mom is wearing her cali gear and the son has on his cali uni and on the other side it was the girl in her cheerforce uni and the dad in his cheerforce colors. I thought it was cute lol

Back