All-Star U C A Tacoma

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I checked Varisty a few months ago they didn't have UCA as offering wild card bids to Orlando. I wonder if they have been flip-flopping on offering and not offering them.

Our Varisty rep posted on facebook about the different bids being offered last week as a last call to get teams to sign-up and I asked him when they added D1 bids back in because they aren't listed online. He said he received confirmation that morning that they were able to offer them again.

So in reality, upgraded WC to Paid bids don't just disappear.... they get moved to a different competition. I have my own suspicions of why they brought them back but no clue on the real reason. The rep was pretty vague when I asked.

Last edited:
Previous knowledge. I mean we don't know for sure but we know who typically goes d1 or d2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother and I did a similar count - we assumed that anyone who had accepted a D2 bid previously will be going for those bids to avoid splitting their gym and coaches up between two different locations. If we are correct in our assumption - there are only 4? D1 gyms in attendance.

Ah! At UCA, they had each division broken down into D1 or D2 on the schedule & on the video screens, so it was public knowledge. It's so much harder this way, lol. So, are Connect, Celebrity, South & NV the 4 you counted?

Ah! At UCA, they had each division broken down into D1 or D2 on the schedule & on the video screens, so it was public knowledge. It's so much harder this way, lol. So, are Connect, Celebrity, South & NV the 4 you counted?

That must've been so nice! I wish they would do that here but my guess is coaches declare at check-in? I think that's how it was last year for accepting WC or not.

Whoops, I forgot about Celebrity since both of their teams already have bids... Silverstars was the 4th.

My guess is
D1
Connect, NV, South, Celebrity, NW Silverstars
D2 (aka the rest)
React, Elite Force, Wildcatz, American Cheer Extreme, Sonic, Nuclear, 212, Vega, OGC, Eastside Elite, Spotlight, Absolute cheer, West Coast Flight, Extreme Cheer Sensation, Platinum Athletics, Inland Cheer Empire,

So 5 D1 gyms and 16 D2.

Doesn't Celebrity already have bids to D1 Summit? I seem to remember they had two teams & two bids?

Back