High School Uca Home Camp Or Resort Camp?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We are in northwest Tennessee. They are looking for a coach for next year and on, but want it to be an employee of the school system.
As always... let me guess, certification not required? (Though honestly, as time goes by I'm starting to feel like certification only has titular and legal meaning.)

As always... let me guess, certification not required? (Though honestly, as time goes by I'm starting to feel like certification only has titular and legal meaning.)
The former coach only got her safety certification after I mentioned that I was certified. She had already coached a year.

The coaches at our former school never got certified. The allstar coach who did our stunting clinics and camps recommended it, but they didn't do it.

No one cares around here.
And yet if someone gets hurt, "well, cheerleading is dangerous!"

No, your apathy is dangerous. Wonder what would happen if cheer started raking in tons of $$$.

In Iowa the loop hole some schools use is to call cheer coaches etc "advisors" that way they aren't a "real coach" and don't technically have to get certified. however I know some school insurances don't cover stunting pass the prep level if you aren't certified. More and more schools however are starting to require certificates as I see more transition from advisor to coach.

In Iowa the loop hole some schools use is to call cheer coaches etc "advisors" that way they aren't a "real coach" and don't technically have to get certified. however I know some school insurances don't cover stunting pass the prep level if you aren't certified. More and more schools however are starting to require certificates as I see more transition from advisor to coach.
Ours are cheer "sponsors". Same idea, they aren't coaches since most don't really "coach".

This really astonishes me.

Like really.
I know. It was $75 and didn't take that much time. I learned a bunch.

I found out last night that there is a new teacher who cheered for 8 years who might be interested. If any of you are the praying type, shoot one up for us that this young lady is interested, a good role model, and ready to be the change that these girls need!

I know. It was $75 and didn't take that much time. I learned a bunch.

I found out last night that there is a new teacher who cheered for 8 years who might be interested. If any of you are the praying type, shoot one up for us that this young lady is interested, a good role model, and ready to be the change that these girls need!
Dear Cheer Gods,

Please bestow your Heavenly powers upon this woman,

so that she might dispel the madness that has taken over @Twinklestars daughters' cheer program,

and banish the spirit of foolishness into the rocky mountains of Tennessee.

In the name of Johnny Campbell we pray,

Amen.

I know my high school had varsity go to a resort camp, but they also had UCA staff come to our high school.

Our JV team UCA staff come to our school for camp. They were probably the best JV squad we ever had. They started doing full ups, and extended stunts.

Back