High School Uca Hs Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 20, 2011
Who's going? The countdown is on!!! We have several CO teams attending. Smoky Hill, Grandview, Eaglecrest, Monarch, Mount Vista, Chaparral, Ponderosa, Columbine, Douglas County, Thunderridge and maybe more but I don't remember.

East ride high school from MN is going for the first time ever! (brand new school last year) a young but talented squad with only 1 senior and 2 juniors if I do say so myself ;) we will be in medium varsity division I.

I'll try to update via cell phone but you may or may not be interested in Large Division I which is what we are in, I have friends in Med Div I and will also know what's going on there. And since I posted this morning, the schedule is up! YAY!!

I'll be there with Cheer for a Cause!
smile.png
If anybody has a cause they would like to share or if your team did something really kewl to help others, I'd love to hear from you. And we might feature your story... Just PM me. You can visit our site at http://www.cheerforacause.org.

My first time coaching at UCA nationals, now wishing I had paid more attention in high school! About how long does it take teams to go from the hotel to the competition site? How far in advance do you leave to make sure you are there on-time?

The shuttles run every 15 minutes or so. I don't like being rushed so we'll leave about 2 hours before we check in. It is always a hassle getting a bus then getting into the wide world of sports then finding a spot to sit. Also, I like for my girls to watch a few teams and have a chance to use the restroom and get in the zone. Ahhhh I'm getting amped just thinking about it!!! Worst thing you can do is to be rushed for check in.

Think of it like airport security. You'd rather leave early and have plenty of time once you arrive than to leave a little later and be rushed.

I think DEF leave 2 hours ahead. If you are relying on the free shuttles they get filled fast and everytime you see one come around the corner you think it's the one you need and it's NOT!! UGH!!

The shuttles run every 15 minutes or so. I don't like being rushed so we'll leave about 2 hours before we check in. It is always a hassle getting a bus then getting into the wide world of sports then finding a spot to sit. Also, I like for my girls to watch a few teams and have a chance to use the restroom and get in the zone. Ahhhh I'm getting amped just thinking about it!!! Worst thing you can do is to be rushed for check in.
Think of it like airport security. You'd rather leave early and have plenty of time once you arrive than to leave a little later and be rushed.
I think DEF leave 2 hours ahead. If you are relying on the free shuttles they get filled fast and everytime you see one come around the corner you think it's the one you need and it's NOT!! UGH!!
Thats kind of what I remember. Thanks so much guys! I'm only 20 but can't seem to remember anything even from senior year!

Back