@UCAUpdates up

Crystal 1st PLACE Senior Level 1 FINAL
Onyx 1st PLACE Senior Coed Level 4 FINAL
Cobalt 1st PLACE Senior Coed Level 3 FINAL
Code 3 1st PLACE Small Sr Level 3 FINAL
Snipers 2nd PLACE Senior Restricted Level 5 FINAL
Jr Steel 2rd PLACE Junior Level 2 FINAL

Puerto Rico has taken over the
Rock n Roll Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios Block Party. You go Puerto Rico!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I was likely beside you or somewhere close in that line.. Yes they sure did !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that lack an interest in dance, I have a team you should watch that performed at UCA. It's a large coed level 3 team from Mt Vernon, NY (I think they were large, maybe they just seemed large). With all due respect the cheer portion of their routine was a hot mess, but when it came to dance they slayed. They got the crowd going for sure.

@UCAUpdates up

Crystal 1st PLACE Senior Level 1 FINAL
Onyx 1st PLACE Senior Coed Level 4 FINAL
Cobalt 1st PLACE Senior Coed Level 3 FINAL
Code 3 1st PLACE Small Sr Level 3 FINAL
Snipers 2nd PLACE Senior Restricted Level 5 FINAL
Jr Steel 2rd PLACE Junior Level 2 FINAL
And congrats to Cobalt for Grand Champs and a Paid Bid as well.

I was likely beside you or somewhere close in that line.. Yes they sure did !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We're you next to someone from California ? A woman and her teen daughter ? I think you were beside me. How very odd. Such a small world huh ?

Is there anyone NOT leaving Florida with a bid to Worlds?

Ulimate Small Coed was on the original list, but not on the updated one UCA sent out that had CEA Monarchs on it. So them I guess? Ha

But based on the teams I had listed at RTW:

Turners Allstars in Small Senior
and Cheer Florida Mermaids in IO6

I've been watching all day. Sad that there is no excitement on the board! For anyone interested here are my observations:

1) I am loving the friendly rivalry between Twinkles/Youth Elite and Starlites/Junior Elite. These kids are so talented. I enjoy watching them just as much as I do their senior counterparts.

2) Lady Pros I could not be rooting for you more! They might not quite have the difficulty but boy do they perform. Their partner stunts were impeccable today.

3) Anyone who isn't counting Odyssey as a top contender in Medium Coed is crazy. They are more than capable of globing and I hope they do. Love their routine.

Other than running tumbling, I don't know what part of Lady Pros' routine you think is EASY.

Other than running tumbling, I don't know what part of Lady Pros' routine you think is EASY.
I'm not quite sure where in their post you read that they thought Lady Pro's routine was easy. I think they will do well, but not having the same difficulty level as the top teams in the division doesn't mean that their routine is easy.

I never said any part of their routine was easy. I actually love their routine and am rooting for them to do well, as you might pick up from "Lady Pros, I could not be rooting for you more!" What I was saying was that they don't quite have the overall difficulty that the top contenders in their division have, which they don't. Take it easy there ;)

I'm not quite sure where in their post you read that they thought Lady Pro's routine was easy. I think they will do well, but not having the same difficulty level as the top teams in the division doesn't mean that their routine is easy.

Thanks. Should have read your post before I replied since I pretty much repeated what you said.

We are pretty much what I would call a UCA style type gym. This is the first year we have not gone to UCA since I have been here. Typically we strive to be more like Spirit of Texas in our performance. Typically we do very well at UCA events, both local and UCA Nationals, but we definitely lose a bit on showmanship, performance, mass quantities of skills at other EP's. More emphasis on routines correctly done skills with excellent technique typically beats routines with crazy skills but poor technique. Our cheer director emphasizes pretty, clean, correct cheerleading that hits the scoresheet and makes whatever skills you do look easy. That is at odds or considered "boring" with those who just want to see crazy skills and if they stay up it is considered a hit, even if it bobbles or moves.

Back