All-Star Uca Updates?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh maybe that's just where you were.

A grown woman from ***** wrote on my daughters page and after they were not awarded first.

Stated we only won NCA because they favor Texas teams, and that we should have not won because we aren't that good. Lol

ETA I took the gym name out because I understand this in only one person and that is not everyone from that gym and I haven't heard anything else bad about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to be joking. Your daughter is young, correct ? That's uncalled for. I would contact the coach of the associated team and/or the owner and make them aware of the inappropriate behavior. I'll bet that you'll never hear from her again. To think, that's an adult behaving that way. There's no excuse for that and the woman needs called out for doing that. I'm very sorry you had that happen to you and your daughter. Don't let her comment take anything away from your win. You won because you were the best and deserved to win. People's behavior never ceases to amaze me.:(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

CEA Youth and Junior Elite squads are great and WC Twinkles and Starlites really enjoy the camaraderie and friendly rivalries... When these kids are not on the mat, it is hard to noticed the competitiveness between the squads, they are taking pictures together and photo bombing each... I love the friendly rivalry and sportsmanship between the gyms... I know my daughter looked forward to seeing her new friends from NCA at UCA... I think the coaches and the Gym Owners are hugely responsible for the sportsmanship attitude in this case...

All the kids in the Y5 division are very friendly with each other. I think it's just a function of the age group and really being the only kids your age competing at that level. When you're the only 3-5 ish teams, you see each other all the time. There is a joint picture with WC/CEA/ACX Y5 teams all together including a shot with all the owners and their Y5 children together (i.e. Joelle + Gianna, CSP and her daughter, and the ACX owner + daughter) that I thought was really cute.

As someone who was working one of the beer trailers with four dollar refills, I saw some awful behavior. I'm not going to call out any specific programs, however PLEASE be aware of what you are actually there for and who you are representing when you are wearing your gyms t shirt. I'm all about the adults being adults and being able to relax and have a good time. But if I have to cut you off because you're yelling curse words and screaming at other programs walking by about how you "kicked their a**es", you're probably not representing your gym well. For the the most part everyone was extremely well behaved and I saw some awesome sportsmanship...but a few rotten apples can spoil the bunch. I personally witnessed bad behavior and awesome behavior from gyms of all sizes. A lot of parents from the other sports commented on the more obnoxious behavior, so it doesn't go unnoticed and it makes the sport look bad. Please be careful!

This post is yet one more warning to gym owners and coaches to be cognizant of the fact that some parents behave more like children than their children. Since parents represent a gym just as athletes do and nobody can afford a bad reputation, why not have the parents sign acknowledging the gyms rules of conduct at the start of competition season. Identify consequences for bad behavior and let the sanctioning begin. The parents may resent being treated like children. And I agree, this should not be necessary, but since it is. As a parent, if you handle yourself in a respectful manner there should be no issue with acknowledging the rules with a signature. After all, it's not just the gym that suffers due to ill behaved parents but

Darn phone did it again to me....
...as I was saying, the athletes and other parents belonging to the gym suffer the bad reputation as well.

I know this kind of ill behavior would NEVER be tolerated at our gym and I suspect other gym's feel the same way. Which makes me believe the behavior identified in the quoted post goes unreported to gym owners and coaches. If there is a significant problem I believe the gym deserves to know so it can be addressed. They can't address what they don't know about.

Back