Ultimate Athletics From Illinois ....please Answer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you for your apology, both here and in a pm. It does say something to apologize for a mistake. I have many friends over there, and will continue to support other Illinois teams including CCR. Not sure what sparked the comment in the first place, but we are working very hard over at our gym to get better each and every day as athletes and good sports.

While I don't think we are anywhere near to "sucking" we have room to grow, and growth doesn't happen overnight. We have a solid foundation and some real momentum and look to make some great improvements finishing up this year. Which we are definitely going to use to have an awesome 2011-2012. It wasn't too long ago where some of your favorite local teams in IL were at the same place we are, and given some time and putting in a lot of hard work, look at where they are at now. Give us our time to work hard and grow and I think we will surprise a lot of people and pretty quick too. Really if you look back not too long ago, the path many successful programs took to get where they are at now is the same road we are traveling on now.

I think we have some great representation coming up at world's and hope everybody can come together to support eachother! We need to be fighting to improve Illinois place in the cheer world and not against eachother.

First, Did you read the above post accepting and thanking for the apology? I agreed already in that same post that we should be cheering on the IL teams, fighting for a better place in the cheer world and not eachother... And it was at the point to be dropped then and there.

I really dont think as an owner of the gym you represent on here, that this is a good place to talk about another teams Sportsmanship. I am not defending the comment that was made by this individual but she did apologize for her comment,. CC has amazing sportsmanship and I think if you asked everyone who knows them they would agree. All teams in Illinois should be cheering each other on not putting each other down. Just remember the saying we were taught as kids about glass houses, because everyone makes mistakes and this was corrected and should be dropped for the respect of both programs. Good luck Illinois team at worlds we will be Cheering for you , and EVERY other team at worlds as well.

Also, you are assuming a few things incorrectly. I am not a gym owner and have not represented myself as one, nor did I call a programs sportsmanship into question. My post (the one you quoted) was a reply to the poster of the bad comment saying I was surprised to see a member of a program that prides themselves on sportsmanship would say a neighbor gym/team sucked... Maybe a reminder of that posters own program's values would remind them that opinions like that and to post them out here is not very sportsmanlike, and that even though people say on here that their opinions don't represent those of their gym, their actions DO reflect on their gym.

Nowhere in my post did I put anyone down, I actually complemented the poster's own team... and I went further to say that if there really were issues of anyone from our program not being nice to them to let the gym know if its a situation that needed to be addressed. If you read my post as talking about the programs sportsmanship in a negative way, that was not my intent. The bad comment was made, the apology was given, accepted, and I followed with saying we need to all support eachother... If I needed to specifically say in my last post that the issue was dropped, its official :)

I'm curious when I see posts about people saying teams (parents) have bad sportsmanship or were mean to them. I have a daughter who is a mini so I am up very early and running around getting my daughter and I ready and out the door (usually it's still dark out.) I wander around the competition groggy for quite awhile. I know I'm not rude and still use good manners, but I'm not smiling at everyone and saying good luck, good job. I'm too busy dreaming of the days when my daughter is older and we don't have to get up early.

It makes me wonder if I may come off as rude. I also wonder what goes on between teams when it's said they were mean or rude. I don't want a specific example involving any team names. I don't want to start a fight. But in general are there verbal confrontations, name calling, what? I'm guessing it's squads older than mini's and I'm curious about what I'm in for.

By the way whenever I see teams putting in the extra effort supporting other teams I do think to myself that I should be more like them. Like UA girls handing out suckers to other teams. I thought that was sweet and why couldn't I do something like that. Then I snap back to reality that it's hard enough for me to get my daughter ready and there on time. I'd be handing out stuff I bought at the gas station down the street. "Car airfreshners for everyone."

@4Me2know

I am referring to your comment about how kids from the other program have been mean to your kids also. I dont think any gym because of one comment should be held responsible for their sportsmanship being questioned, and have it reflect on their whole gym. I am not going to get into conversation of who said what but if I remember correctly their were certain posts by your gym that were by coaches from your gym on the competition page that were negative towards same gym you are accusing after they won a national event. We should be praising each others gym and not getting personal about who said what because I am sure you dont want to be judged by your coach who made a mistake and posted negative about another gym. Good luck at worlds we will be cheering for you.

@4Me2know
I am referring to your comment about how kids from the other program have been mean to your kids also. I dont think any gym because of one comment should be held responsible for their sportsmanship being questioned, and have it reflect on their whole gym. I am not going to get into conversation of who said what but if I remember correctly their were certain posts by your gym that were by coaches from your gym on the competition page that were negative towards same gym you are accusing after they won a national event. We should be praising each others gym and not getting personal about who said what because I am sure you dont want to be judged by your coach who made a mistake and posted negative about another gym. Good luck at worlds we will be cheering for you.

Ugh, I hope this topic does get closed...

@rocket man

For someone who suggested the issue "should be dropped for the respect of both programs." You seem to contradict yourself by continuing it, especially after the comment was clarified as a response to the individuals nasty comment and not towards the program, and the whole issue itself was noted as dropped. Not sure how if you read what was posted you would continue to say what you have said:

You say: I dont think any gym because of one comment should be held responsible for their sportsmanship being questioned, and have it reflect on their whole gym.

I stated previously:

“I am not a gym owner and have not represented myself as one, nor did I call a programs sportsmanship into question.”
and
“If you read my post as talking about the programs sportsmanship in a negative way, that was not my intent.”

So I am confused as to why AGAIN you are saying the gyms sportsmanship is being questioned when that was not what the original post said and was affirmed multiple times after? ? ?

I’ll Say It Again – the intent of the post was NOT to question the gyms sportsmanship and it was not implied that the comment of one individual tarnishes an entire gyms sportsmanship reputation. That was not what was said or the intent, so please don’t make it out to do so.

Then you say we should be praising each others gym and not get personal and that you are not getting into a conversation of who said what… but then you do just that! You do get personal about who said what… about something about what someone who may or may not be from our program may or may not have said... That’s another contradiction? ? ? If there were these supposed comments from anyone you think may have been affiliated with our program, please PM me the link/location so at least I know of what you speak of and if needed it can be addressed...

You seem pretty new to the boards so I can't tell if you are just trying to further instigate something and cause trouble. If you are trying to make my comments come off as something negative towards your gym, that is just not the case. My instincts tell me just to drop it, but I don't appreciate my comments being twisted into something they are not especially after they have been clarified and especially after it was our program being insulted directly.

Lastly, You asked for it to be dropped, it was dropped, if you have anything else to note on the topic, please pm me…

Back