Ultimate Athletics From Illinois ....please Answer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think Bignate meant what he said in a disrespectful way, at least I hope not, he just didn't word it right. I think he was just saying how can you call UA mediocre when they have been around for years and have many national titles and top ten placements at Worlds and Famous Athletics has been around for what, 6 weeks? This is no disrespect to Famous Athletics because they will have an amazing program, especially since they have former ICE and UA coaches on staff. I think we can all agree that "ke4life" is a troll and is just looking to get under peoples skin and start trouble so please people, do not feed the troll!

Fair enough. :)

i suggest you pull up their worlds performances.. tell me the last time they finished in the top 10 at worlds... oh wait.
i recall that dynasty finished in third at worlds last year, first team in the midwest with a globe and prodigy came in sixth... i guess i must of dreamed that... oh wait.. the globe is hanging in the front window along with their NCA dallas national champion trophy..

There are so many gyms to choose from in IL and whoever belongs to them should take pride in their own gym but that does NOT give anyone the right to bash another gym. Just poor sportsmanship.

Allstar Rebels - South Elgin
Cheer Command - Mokena
ICE - Aurora
Legendary Premier - Algonquin
UA - Wauconda

First that was in alphabetical order so no favorites listed in order. Those are some of the bigger ones that have made names for themselves this season. I would suggest actually calling any that are within your comfortable driving distance and get answers for yourself. Part of a good fit is the feeling you get talking to owners/parents and maybe even going on YouTube and watching some of their routines. A team can "win" by attending smaller comps - yes, it's still a win but not necessarily at the same caliber of bigger comps with more competition. In other words, do some research. Just about everyone on here will tell you their gym is the best :) (I know mine is LOL)

There are so many gyms to choose from in IL and whoever belongs to them should take pride in their own gym but that does NOT give anyone the right to bash another gym. Just poor sportsmanship.

Allstar Rebels - South Elgin
Cheer Command - Mokena
ICE - Aurora
Legendary Premier - Algonquin
UA - Wauconda

First that was in alphabetical order so no favorites listed in order. Those are some of the bigger ones that have made names for themselves this season. I would suggest actually calling any that are within your comfortable driving distance and get answers for yourself. Part of a good fit is the feeling you get talking to owners/parents and maybe even going on YouTube and watching some of their routines. A team can "win" by attending smaller comps - yes, it's still a win but not necessarily at the same caliber of bigger comps with more competition. In other words, do some research. Just about everyone on here will tell you their gym is the best :) (I know mine is LOL)

This is exactly the kind of response I was hoping for when I posted my original question.....I never intended it to become a fight...lol

Since I posted the original question back on March 14th ...I have already done exactly what you suggested...I have been to all gyms in your post :) and have had a lot of questions answered. Cheer Command is too far to drive but they have had a wonderful season and we have seen them in previous years....just too far away. ICE is also quite a ways south and I have heard they may move that gym (unfortunately because that gym would work for us right off 80) and until I see how far off 80 they end up ....I will have to wait....maybe in the future if I don't find what I am looking for this year.

So for now I will be taking my daughter to clinics and getting to know some of these gyms personally before she trys out.

Thanks for your information!

Sounds like you are definitely on the right track! Good luck to you next season wherever you decide to cheer.

GLCC MARCH 19-20, 2011 DETROIT MICHIGAN
(just the order i found them in)
ICE INSPIRE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJe9I5mBbEs
UA LEGACY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Z4eDtKw7o
UA PRODIGY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JTean-elKY
ICE LIGHTNING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9NeSRVVof4
ICE STORM (SR 4)
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1704972383859&comments
BLACK ICE (GRAND CHAMPS, BEST SCORE OF THE WHOLE COMPETITION, &FULL PAID BID TO US FINALS (open team, not worlds division) ;))
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1632733106365&comments

tried my best to keep it even! but couldn't find enough UA vids. :( I kept it limited to ONLY ILLINOIS gyms FROM THIS COMPETITION!!! If i missed any TRUTHFULLY SORRY!! I also tried to find senior 2-4 too, but only found one. ICE & UA had some of the highest scoring teams in the competition and are even close to getting the "Top Dawg" award from GLCC! These gyms are truly some of the best of Illinois. GOOD LUCK AT WORLDS!

While I totally agree with everyone that UA is in no way, shape, or form mediocre (it's actually laughable to me that anyone could even begin to type that, let alone click "post reply") I don't really think it's OK to come on here and do the same to 2 other programs--who had NOTHING to do with the post! Especially if you're a coach, you really should be setting a better example of sportsmanship. Just because the poster used those 2 as examples doesn't mean those 2 gyms think UA is mediocre, nor does it mean that they had anything to do with that being posted. Totally unnecessary to stoop to someone else's level and bad mouth another program that did nothing wrong here.

I have been with Allstar Athletics forever and friends with Craig and some of his staff from the beginning of UA... And we think the WORLD of Ultimate. I know that sentiment is shared by all our staff and athletes. Just because this random poster had something negative to say does not mean they are in any way affiliated with our program. My opinion is that Ultimate and mediocre don't even belong in the same sentence, and they are a top program locally and nationally. I will be at World's cheering them on right down front with them like I am every year :)

i love ultimate <3 it's quite a drive for me, as well, but i absolutely love it there and i wish i was coming back for another season!

Back