All-Star Unethical Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the disturbing thing here was the fact they lied to you (by omission) and missed your practice to be with another gym/team.

I actually don't have an issue borrowing athletes in a bind if gyms/kids have that relationship. Especially with smaller programs that may be a life saver.

My issue is they weren't truthful about the details and chose to skip their own practice to do it. If they had no commitments to you that weekend and worked it out ahead of time between all parties involved I actually qualify it as great sportsmanship. That's not the case here.

The lies and lack of commitment to you is the bottom line problem here.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Did you turn them in? The USASF can't do anything about it if they don't know about it.

How would someone do this? If the gym has her rostered as someone else, how would she prove this? Seeing something and being able to prove it are 2 different things. Besides, as a parent, there is no way to report things. As parents, we see a lot - but no one ever wants to hear it because we can't prove it. I've seen kids compete with 2 different programs in the same day - who would I report that to? And since all the 2nd gym has to do is produce a different birth certificate, I'd be wasting my breath. Never mind that I actually KNEW the girl and could physically SEE her on the mat in 2 different uniforms... It's he said, she said at that point. Attempting to report these things is a very stressful waste of time.

But just because it didn't get reported doesn't mean it didn't happen, or that it's any less annoying. I think when people complain about it and everyone says "Well why didn't you report it?" it's kind of strange - it's obvious why it wasn't reported. Posting it on here is more of a vent about a situation we have no control over, and a wish that the USASF would make more enforceable rules - or that they would develop a system for reporting these kinds of things that was effective. (and that EPs that hold events that are supposedly USASF member events would actually enforce USASF rules like they say they will)

Also, the USASF doesn't do anything even if they do know about it. Cheersport 2013, anyone?

For me in this situation I have proof that she is in another teams uniform ( the date is posted on the bottom of the picture), and admittance from the parent that she never provided a birth certificate for the roster. I believe her as well because when I asked her and she said no, I explained why and she was completely confused. At this point we fully intend to handle the parent and child because they are under our control, however my issue as @Just-a-Mom expressed is WHO do I contact and what are they really going to do about it. I feel confidant I can prove she wasn't on the roster, they don't have her birth certificate so they could never of registered her. I am just so irritated about the situation. Normally I do my best to be professional with other programs, but the whole thing is so shaddy I really just want to blow up her spot.

Did you turn them in? The USASF can't do anything about it if they don't know about it.
And here lies the viscous cycle. USASF does not allow parents to register a complaint. Many gym owners don't want to register a complaint with the USASF for various reasons. So I agree that the USASF can't do anything if they don't know about it, but they certainly don't make it easy to allow the information to get to them very easily.

And here lies the viscous cycle. USASF does not allow parents to register a complaint. Many gym owners don't want to register a complaint with the USASF for various reasons. So I agree that the USASF can't do anything if they don't know about it, but they certainly don't make it easy to allow the information to get to them very easily.

How would someone do this? If the gym has her rostered as someone else, how would she prove this? Seeing something and being able to prove it are 2 different things. Besides, as a parent, there is no way to report things. As parents, we see a lot - but no one ever wants to hear it because we can't prove it. I've seen kids compete with 2 different programs in the same day - who would I report that to? And since all the 2nd gym has to do is produce a different birth certificate, I'd be wasting my breath. Never mind that I actually KNEW the girl and could physically SEE her on the mat in 2 different uniforms... It's he said, she said at that point. Attempting to report these things is a very stressful waste of time.

But just because it didn't get reported doesn't mean it didn't happen, or that it's any less annoying. I think when people complain about it and everyone says "Well why didn't you report it?" it's kind of strange - it's obvious why it wasn't reported. Posting it on here is more of a vent about a situation we have no control over, and a wish that the USASF would make more enforceable rules - or that they would develop a system for reporting these kinds of things that was effective. (and that EPs that hold events that are supposedly USASF member events would actually enforce USASF rules like they say they will)

Also, the USASF doesn't do anything even if they do know about it. Cheersport 2013, anyone?

Fair points. USASF should improve their reporting process and allow some process for non-members to file complaints. We can add that to the list.

USASF won't do anything about it because it's not their event.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

USASF won't do anything about it because it's not their event.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

But if the event is giving out bids to the Summit or Worlds, and has the usasf logo on their site and their advertising, shouldn't the usasf rules be followed AND enforced?

But if the event is giving out bids to the Summit or Worlds, and has the usasf logo on their site and their advertising, shouldn't the usasf rules be followed AND enforced?

Key word "shouldn't".

I agree they should. Maybe it will change but I don't have any confidence right now.

Unless the gym owners FORCE the issue it won't happen. They are the ones impacted financially.

(Just a reminder that the op's issue isn't illegal and we're now discussing hypotheticals)

(Just a reminder that the op's issue isn't illegal and we're now discussing hypotheticals)

I was referring to the "competing on 4 teams" post. But yes, 100% agreed on your other points.

But is it against the rules to have someone compete that's not on the roster? (The op did also say that) I genuinely don't know the answer to this - I'm assuming yes, since every competitor needs a waiver and age verification.

I filled in for one competition for a high school team, and I don't attend that school. It was just one tiny comp and no one noticed anyway. But this is interesting, I feel like it's a whole different situation in all star. If I saw a current teammate competing with a different team that would raise a lot of questions and stir up some drama

I'm sure you meant well and were just trying to be helpful, but as a former high school coach I would be very upset if this occurred on a team I was competing against.

I'm sure you meant well and were just trying to be helpful, but as a former high school coach I would be very upset if this occurred on a team I was competing against.
The team wasn't against anyone so I didn't think much of it. I would've definitely thought twice if the circumstances were different

Back