All-Star Unethical Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you think these teams sandbag to gain wins on the lower level teams because the higher level teams are not strong enough to win? Do they maybe only have the minimum number of "level 5" athletes to compete at that level as a team? I'm just playing devils advocate here. I have no real idea why a gym would do it, but it is certainly not fair to those true level 2 athletes to have true upper level 3-5 athletes competing against them. I thought that is the point of the level system. :/.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
We went against a well known gym where before competing level 2, most of the team were at awards winning level 5. We commented about it to the coach as he passed us and his words were " we did nothing illegal". But why would he feel proud winning 2? Talking to other gyms, it was a regular thing. So some just do it to win, not because they have to.

We went against a well known gym where before competing level 2, most of the team were at awards winning level 5. We commented about it to the coach as he passed us and his words were " we did nothing illegal". But why would he feel proud winning 2? Talking to other gyms, it was a regular thing. So some just do it to win, not because they have to.

That just stinks. :(. I'm sorry.

A gym close to me has multiple crossovers from their senior 5 to senior 2. When I saw pictures at the first competition, I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they were just crossing over that one competition because of someone quitting or an injury or something, but they've been crossing over all season. It annoys me every time I see the level 2 team win.

I was on a senior 2 team that competed against a team at every single competition that crossed over they're junior 5 kids to senior 2. It was so frustrating.

No you have me wondering again, since our gym was under a different owner and name a few years ago-lol!
100% NOT your gym now or before the change. Don't worry :D

Do you think these teams sandbag to gain wins on the lower level teams because the higher level teams are not strong enough to win? Do they maybe only have the minimum number of "level 5" athletes to compete at that level as a team? I'm just playing devils advocate here. I have no real idea why a gym would do it, but it is certainly not fair to those true level 2 athletes to have true upper level 3-5 athletes competing against them. I thought that is the point of the level system. :/.

I think it may be that the gym wants all the teams to win and stacking the team with athletes two levels higher is one way to make it more likely to happen. My cp was at a gym where kids are all on multiple teams and this is also to max out the number of athletes in the level. It may be legal but not ethical for level four athletes to also compete on level one or level five on level 3 IMHO.

My daughter cheers for a large well known gym. She used to cheer for a very small relatively unknown gym. She had been cheering for the large gym a few years when she was asked by her old gym to fill in for a girl at competition. She was going to have one practice to learn the routine. And they old gym was willing to schedule it such that it would not interfere with her current practice schedule. Her current gym had no rule against it. The two gyms never attend the same competitions. And, she didn't have a competition that weekend anyway. She still wouldn't do it. She felt it was an issue of loyalty and didn't want to rep any team except hers at her current gym. Go figure. I personally thought it would be a nice thing for her to do for the other team. If a team member of hers had seen a picture of her on another team (social media nowadays) she felt they would question her loyalty and dedication as well.

Back