All-Star Unethical Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No USASF rules were broken. We actually added a girl to our team literally 5 minutes before warm ups because one of our girls was extremely sick and running a high fever. She was going to compete but at the last minute, her dad had to put his foot down (mom was gonna make her even though she could barely stand up). We replaced her with a girl that was there with one of our girls, she had just got done competing for another gym the session before ours. We asked the Jamfest people what our options were because this was the first time this ever happened to us and they said we can replace any time with any one we want even if they're not on our roster. So we did.

No USASF rules were broken. We actually added a girl to our team literally 5 minutes before warm ups because one of our girls was extremely sick and running a high fever. She was going to compete but at the last minute, her dad had to put his foot down (mom was gonna make her even though she could barely stand up). We replaced her with a girl that was there with one of our girls, she had just got done competing for another gym the session before ours. We asked the Jamfest people what our options were because this was the first time this ever happened to us and they said we can replace any time with any one we want even if they're not on our roster. So we did.
Different session does not mean different competition, so it sounds like the USASF rules were broken. The fact that Jamfest allowed it doesn't mean it wasn't against USASF rules, it just means Jamfest either misunderstood what you were saying or didn't care about the USASF rules.:oops::confused:

I think what it really comes down to is just like the crossover, fetus flyer and like wise conversations, its not a matter of "is it legal". Its a matter of is it ETHICAL.
Just because something isn't "illegal" doesn't mean its a good thing to do. And for myself, when I contact the other Director I intend to note that.

It's just funny because we want cheerleading to be considered a sport ... but when an athlete gets hurt in a football game (saying star running back) you can bring someone else in who is currently on the team to replace him but you definitely can't borrow an athlete from another school to step in.

The team wasn't against anyone so I didn't think much of it. I would've definitely thought twice if the circumstances were different

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Not sure how cheer is classified in your state, but in NC regardless of competition, that team would be disqualified for having an in eligible player and the NCHSAA would fine the school. Cheer falls under the domain of the NCHSAA so all eligibility requirements have to be followed. That wouldn't be any more allowed than borrowing a football player from across town to play on Friday night.

No USASF rules were broken.
We replaced her with a girl that was there with one of our girls, she had just got done competing for another gym the session before ours.

Can you explain how these 2 statements go together? As @quitthedrama said, just because Jamfest supposedly said it was OK doesn't mean no usasf rules were broken. The rules actually very clearly say in black and white that no athlete may compete for 2 different programs at the same competition.

That all happened in 5 minutes time? The girl was able to step in, get a uniform on, and you talked to Jamfest people?

Edited to add @mrsgarrett, reading the above, I realize it sounds really rude and I apologize. I didn't mean it the way I wrote it. I mean that it's such a short time frame and I'm surprised/impressed you could pull it together that quickly.

Last edited:
Different session does not mean different competition, so it sounds like the USASF rules were broken. The fact that Jamfest allowed it doesn't mean it wasn't against USASF rules, it just means Jamfest either misunderstood what you were saying or didn't care about the USASF rules.:oops::confused:
No, they understood because we made sure they knew exactly what we were asking: we were subbing one of our girls who was too sick to compete with another girl, from another gym, that competed in the prior session, that was not part of our roster. They told us it was completely fine and that we don't even have to tell them we are doing it that we can just do it. I'm not saying it's ethical. I'm just saying, that's what they told me and the gym owner. Again, this is our first year as an allstar program, our first year competing at big competitions, the first time that situation had ever happened. I'm not saying it's ethical, but from that experience and by what they told us, it sounds like gyms do it all the time. I'm not saying it's right though, but in my situation, I felt like my choices were to sub her or compete with only two out of three stunts because our team only has 12 girls. And if they were telling me it was fine, I felt like it wasn't big deal. I'm sorry.

That all happened in 5 minutes time? The girl was able to step in, get a uniform on, and you talked to Jamfest people?
Yes. We were supposed to report to warms ups in 10 minutes. Dad was not going to let girl go out there because she was crying hysterically saying she couldn't do it. Gym owner and I ran up to the jamfest table and told the two ladies at the table the situation. We had a friend of a cheerleader there that we knew could base (we have 12 girls and 3 stunts) and asked if we could sub her even though she cheers for another gym. They said yes, that we can do that any time and that we don't have to ask. We ran back to the warm up area, literally five minutes before we were scheduled to warm up. She warmed up with us in her other gym's uniform. Our sick girl went to the bathroom and changed out of her uniform, and after our floor practice, sub girl went into the bathroom and put it on.

Yes. We were supposed to report to warms ups in 10 minutes. Dad was not going to let girl go out there because she was crying hysterically saying she couldn't do it. Gym owner and I ran up to the jamfest table and told the two ladies at the table the situation. We had a friend of a cheerleader there that we knew could base (we have 12 girls and 3 stunts) and asked if we could sub her even though she cheers for another gym. They said yes, that we can do that any time and that we don't have to ask. We ran back to the warm up area, literally five minutes before we were scheduled to warm up. She warmed up with us in her other gym's uniform. Our sick girl went to the bathroom and changed out of her uniform, and after our floor practice, sub girl went into the bathroom and put it on.

I think we were posting at the same time. I was editing my post to apologize for the way it came across.

So I'm confused. OP said their athlete lied to them and was not at practice with their team. Further said they only found out athlete lied when picture of athlete in another gyms uniform came to their attention.

MrsGarrett say's they had a sick athlete......had to put someone in........this kid had already competed with another program in the prior session and they asked Jamfest and used her.

The stories aren't meshing at all!

Not sure how cheer is classified in your state, but in NC regardless of competition, that team would be disqualified for having an in eligible player and the NCHSAA would fine the school. Cheer falls under the domain of the NCHSAA so all eligibility requirements have to be followed. That wouldn't be any more allowed than borrowing a football player from across town to play on Friday night.
I'm definitely not familiar with high school rules for my state. I do know there is more than one governing body. The competition was a no name non USASF sanctioned all star comp. a girl got hurt the day before and I was helping out a family friend who was the coach. I would not have agreed had it not been an extremely small competition where the team wasn't against anyone. Otherwise I wouldn't have. This was also almost 3 years ago haha

Back