High School Uniform Trends And Problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love High School uniforms because they are simple and athletic looking. My favorite part about my old high school uniform is that we could wear the shell alone or with the liner that was an extension of our uniform. It was great because some of our first football games, the temperature was hot and towards October, we were seeing cooler temperatures so we could wear just the shell or the shell and the liner. I think that's a great thing to think about for high school teams.

I am also on the anti-sparkle spankies brigade. I wore sparkly gold ones under my all star uniform and I did not like how gross they looked. Plus when the sparkles faded they looked awkward and yellow and they rubbed against my legs and it was so blah. We wore blue sparkle ones under my high school ones and people asked for the silver sparkle ones and I vetoed that real quick. The blue was okay because our skirts were blue but again I hated that the sparkles rubbed onto my legs.

I love High School uniforms because they are simple and athletic looking. My favorite part about my old high school uniform is that we could wear the shell alone or with the liner that was an extension of our uniform. It was great because some of our first football games, the temperature was hot and towards October, we were seeing cooler temperatures so we could wear just the shell or the shell and the liner. I think that's a great thing to think about for high school teams.

I am also on the anti-sparkle spankies brigade. I wore sparkly gold ones under my all star uniform and I did not like how gross they looked. Plus when the sparkles faded they looked awkward and yellow and they rubbed against my legs and it was so blah. We wore blue sparkle ones under my high school ones and people asked for the silver sparkle ones and I vetoed that real quick. The blue was okay because our skirts were blue but again I hated that the sparkles rubbed onto my legs.

We almost got gold spandex to go under our school uniforms because they have gold sparkly lines, but stuck with red since most of the uni is red. I am definitely glad we didn't. Having yellow spanks would be disgusting

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We almost got gold spandex to go under our school uniforms because they have gold sparkly lines, but stuck with red since most of the uni is red. I am definitely glad we didn't. Having yellow spanks would be disgusting

We also have gold spankies, but literally only because our uniform is white so the cardinal spanks showed through, and you just cannot wear white spanks.

I agree with what I've been reading. Here we have to following the Cheering Coaching Association and they set the rules for us. Basically in regards to uniforms you want to try to achieve an "all American girl" look. So no cute outs, no bling is allowed in HS uniforms either. I myself hate uniforms with TONS of lines it's too distracting. Also the Coaching Association has rules on what spanks you can wear. Patterned/print spanks are not allowed, metallic/sparkly are not allowed, and the spanks must be the same color as most your uniform, the only exception to that rule is those with mostly white uniforms, they are allowed to have a secondary color.

I agree with what I've been reading. Here we have to following the Cheering Coaching Association and they set the rules for us. Basically in regards to uniforms you want to try to achieve an "all American girl" look. So no cute outs, no bling is allowed in HS uniforms either. I myself hate uniforms with TONS of lines it's too distracting. Also the Coaching Association has rules on what spanks you can wear. Patterned/print spanks are not allowed, metallic/sparkly are not allowed, and the spanks must be the same color as most your uniform, the only exception to that rule is those with mostly white uniforms, they are allowed to have a secondary color.
I love that!

For starters, I do not like the one pieced uniforms at all. The only okay ones are Top Gun's but they work because they're TG. :D One problem that I don't like with my uniforms are that the spandex roll up SO BADLY. If they were longer, and somehow more adhesive, they'd be wonderful under our skirts. I love the teams that have crop tops and shorts as opposed to ours (the skirts) but it generally just depends on the team's design. The interesting back designs are another thing that I love! <3
Some of the designs that are cute are: KC Allstars, WE, SOT Purple Reign, CCS, Rockstar Beatles, Cali Coed, Cali Lady Bullets, CEA SSX, CEA Coed Elite, CA Wildcats.

I see all these new uniforms and all I can think about is what bra can one wear with that. For the most part the answer is nothing. Maybe if you design a uniform with cutouts (Which I dont mind) Maybe design a sports bra to go with it.

For high school uniforms, they should be basic, and nothing too revealing. An ideal uniform for me is a full shell with no cut-out areas, a pleated skirt (knife-pleat or box pleat), and a full bodysuit (with snap crotch). I also think every high school cheerleader should wear pantyhose as well. I always wear Sheer Energy nude or suntan color nylons with my uniform. It makes our legs look so much more even-toned and attractive. They are especially nice during football season for cooler nights.

I have no problem with booty shorts. In fact, I think bodysuits should be made with either the standard bottom or the booty-short bottom, such as this one: Red Lycra Biketard Leotard Boy Cut Bodysuit Cheerleading Ladies Size Large | eBay
I'm thinking about buying that bodysuit for next season. It's a custom-made one that I wish would be readily available like regular bodysuits are.

We also have gold spankies, but literally only because our uniform is white so the cardinal spanks showed through, and you just cannot wear white spanks.

The gold spankies always make me giggle. We had gold sparkle ones in high school! In the year book there was a pic of a girl tumbling so you could see her spankie problem is that the pic was printed in black and white so you know what it looked like she had under her skirt....yeah nothing!

Back