All-Star Uniform Trends/problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've never personally had a problem with this but maybe some else has, but mesh ripping or rhinetones falling off? I know I've seen people post about it so anyone have any specific problem areas on their uniforms with those?

YES!!! We bought a uniform from our old gym right before my CP quit that gym. The uniform hung in the closet for two months before my CP decided to see what it would have looked like on her. Two rhinestones fell off of the mesh, and all she was doing was trying it on. It was a $400 GK uniform. Makes we wonder what it would have looked like if she had actually tumbled and stunted in it.

.but it raises the question of how much influence should parents and athletes have on the uniform buying decision? I get that you can't get all the parents and athletes in one room and pick a uniform because that is way too many voices, but maybe gyms should open that process up a little bit because if you are spending $300 on a uniform for your child you want to be happy with it, and have your child be happy in it. Again, thank you all for your comments so far and keep bringing up anything you think of, or if you have any questions for me ask away!

Thanks
Here parents speak with their money. If they don't like a uniform, there is a good chance that they'll leave the gym. I know that when we looked at gyms for CP once we realized that she was hooked, the uniform played a big part in the decision.

As far as capris, I have yet to see any that looked good, IMO. They tend to look like running pants which just looks out of place with the rest of the uniform. Plus, I've heard a lot of girls say that they are hot to compete in and have to be washed often because they hold so much perspiration.

YES!!! We bought a uniform from our old gym right before my CP quit that gym. The uniform hung in the closet for two months before my CP decided to see what it would have looked like on her. Two rhinestones fell off of the mesh, and all she was doing was trying it on. It was a $400 GK uniform. Makes we wonder what it would have looked like if she had actually tumbled and stunted in it.
I feel like they should crash test dummy uniforms before selling them. And by that I mean tumbling crash or stunting crash lol

I don't really mind mesh with rhinestones on it. If you find it cuts you in the shoulders just put a skin colored band-aid on it.
I do understand the cut outs though, I have to wear the clear strap bra and it itches and falls down. Luckily, ours is only on our back so it isn't terrible.
Also not a fan of capris. I wonder if they get bad panty lines. lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Also, I hate the skorts. More of a personal opinion but i feel like the back of them just look tooo short and too tight. They constantly look as if they shorts ride up and then got stuck there.
A million times yes. I cannot wait until we get new uniforms next year. When the girls were fitted last fall, the sample looked fine. When the uniforms came in, probably 90% of the bottoms looked terrible.

The skirt part rides up over the short, so the shorts are exposed. Meanwhile, the shorts are not tight enough. Seriously, but cheeks and more would be easily revealed. All of the girls are wearing Nike Pros or other bloomers under their skorts. They look so sloppy. I know our owner complained about the fit, but basically she was told too bad, so sad. Also, my daughters skort and top are starting to fall apart at the seams. She has worn it maybe 20 times so far, we always wash it separately in cold and dry flat. I'm sure we will be ordering from a different company next time around.

Random cutouts.

Showing a 2 inch swirl (cutout) of your stomach doesn't look good at all IMO. And what benefit do you get from it? (i hope this makes sense, I can't seem to find a picture)
I just don't like cutouts at all. Only if its on your shoulders but still a usable uniform.

My niece's gym has a beautiful uniform this season, however, there are rhinestones on the sleeves right where the elbow bends. While the rhinestones all the way down the sleeves look really pretty, tight sleeves with rhinestones in the bend of the elbow can become very painful...imagine rocks on the inside of your arm when you bend it. Please keep comfort and movement in mind when deciding where to place the bling.

I don't like that the tops can only be lengthened +2. My daughters are 5' 8" and 5'11". Even with the extra length the tops don't come to their skirts. When they raise their arms their entire stomaches are showing. Why can't more length be added?

I don't like that the cheerleaders try on other teams uniforms for sizing because they are made with different materials, are cut differently and sometimes old and very stretched out. This leaves us with too many brand new ill fitting uniforms. They need to be trying on their team's uniform (or one with the same materials/cut that isn't stretched out) to insure they will get the correct fit.

Everything she said. Every sentence.

I have to raise my hand as an athlete on the topic of adding length to the top...I'm 5'8 and I added as much length as I could to my full top, and my stomach still shows most of the time. And let me remind you my gym had a debacle with our uniform company because many of our tops were ill-fitting...got a replacement top that supposedly had "added inches"...BS! I don't understand why you can't add over three inches to a top, and it's very annoying that my stomach still shows even with a replacement top that I waited over a year for! Uniforms should be custom to each athlete, especially when parents pay upwards of $350 bucks for them.

I have to raise my hand as an athlete on the topic of adding length to the top...I'm 5'8 and I added as much length as I could to my full top, and my stomach still shows most of the time. And let me remind you my gym had a debacle with our uniform company because many of our tops were ill-fitting...got a replacement top that supposedly had "added inches"...BS! I don't understand why you can't add over three inches to a top, and it's very annoying that my stomach still shows even with a replacement top that I waited over a year for! Uniforms should be custom to each athlete, especially when parents pay upwards of $350 bucks for them.
Especially if the bottom of your top is a solid color, it should be simple to add length. I'd understand sublimation being hard but not a solid color. We got leos this year and I love them. I'm very busty, so shirts are always a little short on me. Cheer tops were no exception and I had it wear a tank top under my school top all the time. The Leo makes my life sooooo much easier. Plus ours are custom fit to us. I can see a Leo having problems if they won't add length though, mine was too short in the torso at our first comp and it was wedgie 24/7. But I sent it back and our uniform lady added length, now it's super comfortable and I don't have to worry about my stomach showing! So true custom fits and leotards are what I'd like to see.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

One thing Rebel didn't do, that I specifically requested, was to put metal snaps on our Leo's. The plastic ones don't hold as well.

And my tiny little athletes that are ages 10, 11 and 12 that need very small sizes also really needed those extra inches in sleeve length but nope they all look like they're wearing 3/4 sleeves. It's annoying. Especially since our apparel coordinator, our Rebel rep and I checked each kid to make sure they had plenty of sleeve length and added more if it didn't hit at the back of their hand. I wanted everyone to have long enough sleeves and it didn't happen. Whomp.

OTHER than that they are gorgeous and we love them very very much!

Our flyers (to include my CP) has scratches all over their backs after performing from the stones on their bases uniform. It's not a huge deal, but I don't think it was anticipated when they decided to bling out the uniforms.

Back