All-Star Uniform Trends/problems

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In Illinois, it's a deduction if any torso skin shows while arms are down at your sides.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
For us they take off even if it's mid routine like while you're tumbling. I known ive brought it up before but maybe I'm a little bitter that we got 16 pts in deductions for it. :mad:

ive always wondered how cheer extreme does their uniforms, cause some of the senior ones look like you'd never be able to find a bra to wear under them that would fit without showing.

Maybe an idea for all the cutouts / bra problems. (Although people might say it gets too hot, you're only competing for 2.30 mins, if you're used to conditioning and stuff, IMO you should be able to hang through the routine. )
Why not make some sort of leotard, bodysuit kind of thing to go under your uni? Not the ugly brown kind but subtle. Go crazy with cutouts if you want to without being afraid of wardrobe malfunctions, and girls will be able to wear a sportsbra without it being seen. I know it's probably not easy to make this without being really obvious, but it's 2014, can't people make just about anything? :D

I've never personally had a problem with this but maybe some else has, but mesh ripping or rhinetones falling off? I know I've seen people post about it so anyone have any specific problem areas on their uniforms with those?
Yes-we have a mesh center of our uni's with crystals all around the back and middle-all the flyers have rhinestones missing off their backs, because they pop off when caught by bases. And we did pay $400 for ours-we are supposed to get a kit to glue them back on. I have the E-6000 glue and extra rhinestones to do myself, but they are in a pattern and I don't want to make it look too wonky.

I'm completely baffled that uniform companies charge such outrageous prices and they're not even made to measure?! Granted, our uniform might be relatively simple, but it was completely custom designed, we got a new logo and every single athlete (about 100!) was measured with a tape measure and had their uniform custom made. Only cost £75 each. I seriously don't understand what constitutes such a jump in price for a product that a lot of people are saying doesn't even fit?

Offering to measure every athlete isn't so time consuming that it's impossible and it seems it would definitely please the customers!

If you don't mind me asking, what company made your uniforms? We are looking for uniforms, but don't have the budget for 300 a piece. :rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking, what company made your uniforms? We are looking for uniforms, but don't have the budget for 300 a piece. :rolleyes:
Good question! $125 per uniform is pretty inexpensive. I'm guessing, though, that the company is in the UK, so measuring would be impossible, shipping would be expensive, and there would be import duties on top of that. Pretty much cancels out any savings.

Good question! $125 per uniform is pretty inexpensive. I'm guessing, though, that the company is in the UK, so measuring would be impossible, shipping would be expensive, and there would be import duties on top of that. Pretty much cancels out any savings.

Well, this would not be as big of a deal since shipping from UK to Sweden is a lot cheaper for us than buying and shipping from the US. :)

Someone needs to figure out a way to stitch skirts to spanks or something to keep then from flipping up during a routine.

Ditch all the cutouts. ALL of them. Fancy bras and clear straps and cross cross whatevers do not offer adequate support for an athlete. That's why all sportsbras are essentially the same design- because they work.

Cost is astronomical. While you may think $300 is a reasonable price for a uniform, not many people do. And especially not many people new to the sport.

No more sexy or attempts at revealing outfits. That includes stomach mesh and inappropriately fitting shorts and tops. Stop trying to get around the full top rule and actually provide a functional, flattering full top uniform. Not a mesh rhinestone covered hot mess with a useless cutout for the sake of it. I'm an athlete at a competition, not a club. You may say that the customer (gym owner) wants all this fancy detail and lines, but if you don't offer it they can't have it. I'm sure this may affect business initially, but when you have a beautiful, comfortable and functional uniforms pouring out and being praised, you will reap the benefits.

This isn't directed specifically at rebel, but uniform companies in general.

PREACH.

I think unis like CA Panthers/Cheetahs and Jersey All Stars are PERFECT. They're athletic and they're still fashionable. They look the same on every athlete (ie. weird straps/cutouts can vary and look odd on all different body types), they cover everything & would look fine in a full top. You can wear a real sportsbra with them and don't have to worry about mesh tears or falling out of your uni. If I were ever to design a uniform, this is the direction I would go in.

I've been a cheer mom for about 20 years, thats a lot of uniforms and styles! I would much rather cp have her tummy showing and be able to wear a real sports bra instead of clear straps or no straps any day. It's jmo but I think one pieces usually only look good on a random few. Again, jmo nude mesh just no. Art work, usually can't see the details unless you are up close. On the floor can look to busy when compared to unis with nice clean sharp lines. Sometimes less is more. Save the swirls and fancy artistry for warm ups or t-shirts so it can be seen and appreciated more. Sparkly bling, yes and more yes, but test it to make sure it will stay on well. Skorts/shorts have a nice athletic look to them long as they fit properly. Check to see how the fabric feels and what the seams feel like against the skin. Comfortable=happy kid. Send a survey at the end of they year to the parents, the ones who have to pay and care for the uniform to see what their thoughts are about fit, ease of care and durability. Send one to the athletes wearing them to see what their real feelings are on the style and other aspects of their uniform. Perhaps if there were an anymous way, do the same with judges. See what really stood out to them, what made them think, " OMG what were they thinking" or "WOW that looks great".

Liberty Cheerwear (in the UK)! The lady who runs it is absolutely lovely and goes out of her way to do what she can for you, I'm sure your new uniforms will be beautiful!

Liberty Cheerwear (in the UK)! The lady who runs it is absolutely lovely and goes out of her way to do what she can for you, I'm sure your new uniforms will be beautiful!

That's who does ours as well :) we've used her for 2 years now and never had a sizing issue. I measure all our athletes and send them to her. Our design is a little complicated so the uni is £100, but that's far off the USA prices. I know she designs and supplied gyms in America, so you guys should hit her up. I can't say enough nice things about her and her company. Let me know if any of you want contact details.

Back