All-Star Uniforms: Illegal Or Not?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@MissBee @ACEDAD
Are we deducting now for starlites too because their armpiece wraps around the neck and is not attached to the main portion of the uniform?

Don't think I've seen that uniform. Frankly, I don't care if there is a deduction or not a deduction. I just want the rule to be applied consistently and for everyone to understand the rule.

Don't think I've seen that uniform. Frankly, I don't care if there is a deduction or not a deduction. I just want the rule to be applied consistently and for everyone to understand the rule.

I think people understand the rule. Anything that is not part of a uniform and worn for the purpose of a uniform is a deduction.

I think people understand the rule. Anything that is not part of a uniform and worn for the purpose of a uniform is a deduction.
But wouldn't we then have to consider WHY the rule is in place- I assume for safety reasons? It may be fabric, but I shudder at what could happen on the wrong side of a choker injury. I can't ever remember having a fabric burn on my neck, but I can't imagine it feels like butterfly kisses.

I think the chokers look kinda cool, but I've always been curious.

@MissBee @ACEDAD
Are we deducting now for starlites too because their armpiece wraps around the neck and is not attached to the main portion of the uniform?
i think that is totally different because it is clearly a part of their uniform (the sleeve) just like i thought the only reason TopGun (i believe) got away with the choker-like appearance last year was because it was a part of their uni..it crisscrossed in the back and was attached....JMO

But wouldn't we then have to consider WHY the rule is in place- I assume for safety reasons? It may be fabric, but I shudder at what could happen on the wrong side of a choker injury. I can't ever remember having a fabric burn on my neck, but I can't imagine it feels like butterfly kisses.

I think the chokers look kinda cool, but I've always been curious.

This is like saying you're afraid if a zipper gets caught on the person's skin from a cradle or if a shoe comes untied and a guy/girl lands wrong they tear their ACL. The line is drawn to what is part of the uniform is legal.

i think that is totally different because it is clearly a part of their uniform (the sleeve) just like i thought the only reason TopGun (i believe) got away with the choker-like appearance last year was because it was a part of their uni..it crisscrossed in the back and was attached....JMO
I'm pretty sure the choker (which we are calling a piece of fabric with rhinestones) is CLEARLY a part of the uniform as every girl is wearing it and it is cohesive with the rest of what they are wearing.

AND....

TopGun did not "get away" with anything because nothing about that uniform was illegal.

I'm pretty sure the choker (which we are calling a piece of fabric with rhinestones) is CLEARLY a part of the uniform as every girl is wearing it and it is cohesive with the rest of what they are wearing.

AND....

TopGun did not "get away" with anything because nothing about that uniform was illegal.

Yeah but let's be real... CLEARLY Acedad and MissBee have more shimmies than you
tongue.png

Sorry....couldn't help it
wink.png

even though starlites neck piece is not connected to the torso part of the uniform, it is connected to the sleeve. it is not a separate piece of fabric. that's not to say that i think cells should be deducted for the choker, but to me, it is clearly different to have a separate piece of fabric on your neck, than something that is attached and part of the uniform. and there are many other teams this season that have the same style top as lites. and i personally think the sparkles on the neck of cells uniform look great on the floor under the lights.

@rvnblue
It's not a matter of how great it looks, it's a matter of safety. The reason why I would consider a choker a piece of jewelry, and deduct for it, is because by definition a choker is a necklace.
The reason that they are considered a safety risk is because a finger can become hooked in it, causing a finger injury to that athlete and a neck injury to the athlete wearing the necklace (even if it has a velcro closure). The arm piece that connects around the neck is permitted because it is a larger piece of material, it's like a mock turtleneck.
Here's the USASF rule:
7. Jewelry of any kind including but not limited to ear, nose, tongue, belly button and facial rings, clear plastic
jewelry, bracelets, necklaces and pins on uniforms are not allowed. Jewelry must be removed and may not be taped over. Exception: medical ID tags/bracelets, and uniform rhinestones. Rhinestones are not allowed when adhered to the skin as opposed to a uniform. Temporary tattoos are also allowed.

I agree that this rule needs to be applied consistently.

I honestly feel like if that choker on Cells uniform is deemed illegal then the uniforms like Starlites and UA should be deemed illegal as well because that sleeve that wraps around the neck is not connected to the rest of the uniform. I feel like a uniform should be 2 parts, a shell and a skirt/shorts, if your sleeve is not attached to the shell then it is not part of the uniform. If that sleeve then wraps around the neck it should be considered a choker as well.

I personally love the uniform and the choker, if they want it to not be a problem then just attach it with a piece of fabric to the top of the uniform.

I would guess they probably thought it was part of the uniform. With them wearing their hair down too they couldn't really see that it did not connect.

I like them and I think they are cute, I just think it's crappy a team can get a deduction for a hair tie on a wrist but an entire team can wear necklace things.

Great point!!

AND....

you miss understood what i meant about topgun. I never said it was illegal. i was pointing out the fact that it gave the illusion of a necklace while still being an attached part of the uniform.

Back