All-Star Upa Americup Schedule - Feb 26/27?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NM team is 5th dimension.

UPA itself has admitted they've had some issues on their Facebook page. Apparently had some "capacity" issues during one of their sessions this morning.
I left to go to the bathroom and they wouldn't let me back in. The fire marshall was there and was not happy with the number of people in the room. They moved it from a pretty large auditorium last year into a 'ballroom' this year. Horrible set up - there's just chairs on the floor, and no raised stage, so you can't see anything. I heard one of the event coordinators (when I was standing around waiting to be let back in) talking with the fire marshall say they were upset that couldn't believe that people were "camping out" in the room even if their team wasn't performing. Seriously? it's a competition - many people like to watch all of the teams, and this is not the first year UPA has put on a competition, so you'd think they'd have an understanding of how this works.

Here are the final places for everyone in the level 5 divisions today at UPA

Small Senior Limited.

1st Memphis
2nd AAC
3rd Planet Spirit
4th Fifth Dimension

Small Senior

1st Elite Cheer
2nd Nebraska Tigers

Level 5's that made it to grand Champs

Memphis & Elite

Worlds Bids..

At Large

Nebraska Tigers
AAC
Memphis Elite

Paid.

Planet Spirit

AACS Jess. ;-)

Most poorly ran competition I have ever been to. Not to mention Grand Champs was a complete joke. If anyone would like any details, just ask. I would love to fill everyone in.

NEcheer said:
yup, and the paid bid went to the 3rd place team in that division...
Something about that, okay EVERYTHING about that, doesn't seem right? Very confused over here & will be paying a visit to the UPA website!

They also didn't even make Grand Champs, so they didn't have atleast the 10th highest percentage of the competition. Makes sense, right? ELITE Cheer won their division and Grand Champs and didn't get the bid.

NEliteSteven said:
they also didn't even make Grand Champs, so they didn't have atleast the 10th highest percentage of the competition. Makes sense, right? ELITE Cheer won their division and Grand Champs and didn't get the bid.
I am looking around the website for an explanation of how bids will be awarded and can't find anything.. Only that you can win a bid at their competition. It's not in their 411 packet either, which doesn't mention the bids at all. Can anyone help?

This is all I found..

from the UPA website: HOW ARE BIDS AWARDED?
BIDS ARE AWARDED BASED ON SCORE, RANK AND JUDGE APPEAL.

So maybe the "Judge Appeal" section of the score sheet is what determined the bid?

I am looking around the website for an explanation of how bids will be awarded and can't find anything.. Only that you can win a bid at their competition. It's not in their 411 packet either, which doesn't mention the bids at all. Can anyone help?

It was explained at awards that they could give to who they wanted to represent them. They said they took in to account day 1 and day 2 performances and watched the teams in warmups. So pretty much they gave it to whoever they wanted, and scores didnt seem to matter!

Upa can just count on not giving bids next year. This is ridiculous

Our teams weren't in the running for any bids, but it still got me mad the way they handled things. I can only imagine how Memphis, AACS, Elite, and all the teams who placed higher are feeling right now!

Our teams weren't in the running for any bids, but it still got me mad the way they handled things. I can only imagine how Memphis, AACS, Elite, and all the teams who placed higher are feeling right now!

Yeah basically there was no point in competing.seems scores were worthless

Back