All-Star Upa Americup Schedule - Feb 26/27?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NEcheer said:
It was explained at awards that they could give to who they wanted to represent them. They said they took in to account day 1 and day 2 performances and watched the teams in warmups. So pretty much they gave it to whoever they wanted, and scores didnt seem to matter!
Wow! You're kidding, right? That's insane. So if Coach X, has a friend at UPA, Team Y could get a bid since there's really not a number or score to back up the decision? NOT SAYING THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.. but just playing with the idea of a company just simply picking a team to give their bids too, instead of them being "earned". Has anyone heard of this at any other events?

Wow! You're kidding, right? That's insane. So if Coach X, has a friend at UPA, Team Y could get a bid since there's really not a number or score to back up the decision? NOT SAYING THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.. but just playing with the idea of a company just simply picking a team to give their bids too, instead of them being "earned". Has anyone heard of this at any other events?

I believe the quote made by the lady announcing awards (who I believe is the owner of UPA) was "event producers can give their bids to whoever they want to represent them, they could say "I like that your uniform is purple" and give you a bid for that" haha once I heard that I knew something wasn't right!

NEcheer said:
I believe the quote made by the lady announcing awards (who I believe is the owner of UPA) was "event producers can give their bids to whoever they want to represent them, they could say "I like that your uniform is purple" and give you a bid for that" haha once I heard that I knew something wasn't right!
Wow, just wow. Are awards still held in a tiny room, set up like a college lecture hall? The last time I was at UPA was '03 -ish and I remember awards were so awkward.

NEliteSteven said:
On the website there is a part that says something to the effect of, we suggest you bring more than one team if you want to be considered for a bid. And guess who brought the most teams..
I was reading that too, at least the part I think you're referring to BRINGING multiple teams TO MINNEAPOLIS CAN HELP WITH ANY CIRCUMSTANCES THAT MAY AFFECT YOUR ROSTER and took it to mean "In case someone gets hurt, you have lots of back up". But it is odd that it's in the Worlds Bid section of the website. More teams = More $$ and if they're truly hand picking teams, regardless of scores, that would make sense.

Wow, just wow. Are awards still held in a tiny room, set up like a college lecture hall? The last time I was at UPA was '03 -ish and I remember awards were so awkward.

Up until last year yes, this year the whole set up was changed and the teams competed in a ballroom (with MAJOR capacity issues) and awards were in a smaller ballroom upstairs.

Wow. Is anyone contacting the USASF? Sounds like they wont have bids next year based on numbers anyway... but WOW! They should be fined or something. Thats freakin insane!

I'm mid email to the owner of UPA, and USASF is next on the list. BTW- Day 2, they didn't have a full spring floor in the warm up area. Isn't that a violation or something?

Back