All-Star Upa Americup Schedule - Feb 26/27?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@cheergirls16

I don't think anyone was bashing Planet Spirit. I think this was a discussion of how UPA was handing out bids. I don't think anyone meant to say or insinuated that the team did not work hard, or do well at this competition- only that their score did not reflect highly against the other teams that competed and made it to the Grand Champion round.. and it didn't considering the placements of teams. UPA handled their bid awarding a little differntly than a lot of companies usually do and that needed some clarification. It was not an issue with Planet Spirit, but an issue with UPA, so please don't be accusatory.

Whether or not an event company "hates" a gym, which seems like a strange accusation to make, the way the bid was awarded was different than what a lot of people were used to, and what a lot of people had understood about how the bid would be awarded through the UPA website, which stated it would be handed out based on a specific score & bringing multiple teams won't hurt either. I also think a lot of people were startled by the way in which the bid was awarded (I was not in attendance, so I am speaking by hear-say only)- it was not awarded as saying "Team X did an amazing job this weekend and had a great representation" but rather, along the lines of "We can do what we want. If we like your uniform, we could give you the bid".

Please don't misconstrue a discussion about understanding with team bashing. It only stirs up unneccesary defensive feelings.

cheergirls16 said:
yes they do deserve it, i just dont understand why people cant be happy for a team with a lot of talent.

I don't think the folks on this board have an issue with being happy for teams with a lot of talent.

Back