All-Star Upa Americup Schedule - Feb 26/27?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Each year, event producers must have a minimum number of teams in order to maintain their status for the next season. There is a year of probation. If they aren't hitting the requirements, please send the results to Steve Peterson at [email protected]. He & the Sanctioning Committee need to know if Event Producers are not maintaining their numbers.
Thanks! I might actually do that! Did they meet the minimum then? Regardless I think they should have it taken away because of their decision, but USASF can't take away their bids because of that I'm assuming.

No, 70 teams would not. And they can not take away the bids based on who they awarded the bids to. They based it on what their bid declaration says it would.

Each year, event producers must have a minimum number of teams in order to maintain their status for the next season. There is a year of probation. If they aren't hitting the requirements, please send the results to Steve Peterson at [email protected]. He & the Sanctioning Committee need to know if Event Producers are not maintaining their numbers.
so is there just a minimum number of teams required to register for the competition to keep their status, or a minimum number of teams that are 'bid eligible' (i.e. level 5 all-star teams)? I guess I'm not aware of what the minimum requirements are, but it would be nice if it was based on the number of teams actually eligible to compete for a bid (as opposed to a bunch of high school or lower level allstar teams just to hit their 'required number').

so is there just a minimum number of teams required to register for the competition to keep their status, or a minimum number of teams that are 'bid eligible' (i.e. level 5 all-star teams)? I guess I'm not aware of what the minimum requirements are, but it would be nice if it was based on the number of teams actually eligible to compete for a bid (as opposed to a bunch of high school or lower level allstar teams just to hit their 'required number').
i completely agree! i think bids should be earned and harder to get. not thinking of anyone in particular, but it seems like any level 5 team pretty much can go to worlds if they want.

They only had about 40 or so All-Star teams. We've been to local competitions at high schools with more teams than that.
exactly! it was BY FAR the smallest nationals i have ever been to, and one of the smallest competitions anywhere

can everyone on here please stop being rude for like 5 seconds. if the judges didnt think planet spirit should go to worlds or deserve it they wouldnt have gotten the bid.

can everyone on here please stop being rude for like 5 seconds. if the judges didnt think planet spirit should go to worlds or deserve it they wouldnt have gotten the bid.
I am not dissing on planet spirit, and i apologize for making it sound that way. i don't think the judges do think planet spirit should have gotten it though, IMO I think the event producer wanted to keep the gym that brought a lot of teams happy. i thought they did awesome, just once again IMO other teams did better, according to the results. i have never been to a competition where the bids were given out this way, and it was a shock to me considering 3 or four teams placed higher.

well if you knew planet spirit and the history of them with upa everyone would know they dont really like planet spirit. i appreciate you saying they did well, its means a lot to them for how hard they work.

well i dont cheer at ps anymore. but i just thought it was inapropriate for poeple to put down a team and basically say they didnt deserve it, when i know they do

well i dont cheer at ps anymore. but i just thought it was inapropriate for poeple to put down a team and basically say they didnt deserve it, when i know they do

They deserve it? They got THIRD and two teams above them went without, despite having the better performances, obviously. I am sure PS worked hard - every team does. But results are results, and fair is fair

I guess it is possible that the judges decided that a team that placed third in their division and didn't even make the grand champion round deserved a paid bid to Worlds. And yes, UPA is well within their rights to make that call.

But that's the problem - when you don't use objective, transparent criteria for deciding who gets bids, results like these open you up to all sorts of speculation and innuendo.

Back