All-Star Us Finals Virginia Beach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That really not fair. I'm not looking forward to this comp. Way more dysfunction than I can handle.
I can only hope the team who was awarded the other paid bid is able to go. They were SO excited =(

Well, could it be that while VA Beach was at maximum, Providence was not? In theory, the bid could have been used at any US Finals event, right?

We are smack dab in the middle of the two. I know some teams from our area go to Providence, but we go to VA Beach. Much more competition in each division. I saw that some teams at Providence are unopposed.
My sister's team won a paid bid this past weekend at a Eastern Cheer and Dance competition. Now, they potentially wouldn't have gone anyway considering it was less than a week away, but the gym owner decided to call and discuss options with them just in case. She was told registration closed on that past Friday (they got the bid on Sunday) because there were too many teams signed up already. When asked why they were still awarding bids, she wasn't really given a straight answer. They told her they were still allowed to give out bids if they wanted, even if the teams couldn't actually attend.

Not really sure if this falls back on the US Finals or Eastern Cheer and Dance, but it's really sad the ball was dropped on this. My sister's team was pretty surprised by their bid and very thankful, but it was clear by their celebration the other team who got paid came to this competition gunning for that bid for next weekend. If registration was closed, it's disappointing to continue handing out bids to get these girl's hopes up. They were both youth teams too I believe, and don't really understand how if they earned the bid why they aren't allowed to go.

That really not fair. I'm not looking forward to this comp. Way more dysfunction than I can handle.

I actually think it will be WAY better than years past. The Summit took care of a lot of the congestion.

Well, could it be that while VA Beach was at maximum, Providence was not? In theory, the bid could have been used at any US Finals event, right?

We are smack dab in the middle of the two. I know some teams from our area go to Providence, but we go to VA Beach. Much more competition in each division. I saw that some teams at Providence are unopposed.
All week on US finals site a popup stating that Providence was maxed out at 225 teams came up immediately.

I don't think that is it. Our gym got bids 2 or 3 weeks ago. We accepted (for 2 of our teams) and were told that we were competing in Providence., so everyone scrambled up hotels etc. A few days ago, the EP moved us to the Virginia lineup instead. At this late date , getting hotels anywhere in the vicinity has been crazy! To the point that our owners have not been able to get something nearby, let alone the team.

It is not cp's team, so I am not privy to all the details, but it really surprised me that it doesn't sound like hotel blocks were saved for teams getting last minute bids.

Ellenwood Allstars (Atlanta Ga) will be there. I believe 3 or 4 teams will be there.
Wish we were going jus to see these teams. We competed against them at Battle of Capital 1 year ago and I was so impressed with the teams, the girls, and the sportsmanship of the families - they were right across the hall from us. Best of luck Ellenwood!

I don't think that is it. Our gym got bids 2 or 3 weeks ago. We accepted (for 2 of our teams) and were told that we were competing in Providence., so everyone scrambled up hotels etc. A few days ago, the EP moved us to the Virginia lineup instead. At this late date , getting hotels anywhere in the vicinity has been crazy! To the point that our owners have not been able to get something nearby, let alone the team.

It is not cp's team, so I am not privy to all the details, but it really surprised me that it doesn't sound like hotel blocks were saved for teams getting last minute bids.

I know a gym that just got full paid bids this last weekend and they were told that several of their teams would not be allowed to compete even with full paid bids at VA Beach because those groups were full. You would think that full paid bids would not be given then in those categories -- it was a but disappointing for those teams.

I know a gym that just got full paid bids this last weekend and they were told that several of their teams would not be allowed to compete even with full paid bids at VA Beach because those groups were full. You would think that full paid bids would not be given then in those categories -- it was a but disappointing for those teams.

that is horrible!!

We were wondering why we got a second full paid bid this past weekend (you're only supposed to be able to get one, so it should have been passed down to the next team in line) but if VA Beach was already full, it makes sense that they gave it to us (since we were already on the schedule from our last paid bid.)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back