All-Star Us Finals Virginia Beach

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I called today and was told they had shipped...but I didn't ask from where. :( Guess I won't be looking for that delivery truck any time soon.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

What backpacks are you talking about? They gave winners backpacks? My daughter did not get a backpack and was at VB competition.

Our coaches got them when they put in our jacket order. They are the thin drawstring kind and were purple. My Mini's got them on Sat. evening & my SCO4 got them Sun. afternoon. I'm guessing they had enough. I would check with your coaches and see if they have them. I'm team mom for my Mini's team & I'm holding on to them to hand out with the jackets, and I thought I would put in a few end of the year goodies. :)

The company that produced the jackets printed the bags Friday night since there would be no jackets (only in VA Beach) the bags were REALLY paper thin, most coaches didn't even hand them out I saw maybe 4 or 5 kids (of the hundreds of winners) walking around with them. We decided we would just wait for the jackets and use the bags to put them in.

My CP loved the string bag. She's 8... LOL. They were definitely kinda cheapy little things, but the little kids were excited about them. Definitely would be nice to know when the jackets are coming in, I have no idea if CP's will even fit since we didn't even have sizers to try on in VA Beach before having to pick a size. By the time we get them, she'll probably have grown two sizes... ha!!

Last year they had those rubber bracelets, like the Livestrong ones.

I shouldn't have complained about not getting award medals. I forgot about the gold shoelaces.

That was another interesting twist... having a team full of minis changing out their shoelaces right before warmups. My kiddo refuses to take hers out even though they're so crazy long on her teeny little-kid-size-12 feet that she calls them "six-le knotted". Like, triple knotted, but six times. Six-le knotted. Mayhem, I tell you.

Unrelated but @FamousMatty you guys have the Y2 Socialites at your location, right? There was a young lady from that team who was onstage next to our Y2's and I guess her teammates were not singing along enough to "Let It Go" for her liking (LOL!), so she just jumped right up and came over to our girls and they all had so much fun singing and dancing and basically being as melodramatic as possible with the song together. It was adorable and a fun show of sportsmanship between the two teams while they were waiting to hear the results. I love seeing that and seeing your post reminded me of how cute it was :)

Yes ma'am that is us! Love those babies, and glad to see good sportsmanship is alive and well. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I hope it sticks around, this was our first year and it was a fun way to end the season for us - the VA Beach location is fun for the kids this time of year, the number of options as far as location makes it travelable from a lot of areas, and honestly - I like the one-day format at this point. By the beginning of May I am kinda ready to be DONE with the hair curling and the makeup and the early start times and the hours in between my M1 CP and my Y2 CP start times and yada yada yada... it's nice to end it with a one-and-done comp.

We got bids very early in the season and younger CP got a paid bid back in March so we didn't encounter any of the last-minute bid drama. That totally sucks and they need to know exactly how many teams they can accept registrations from and not offer bids beyond that number... seems like a no brainer though so I wonder what the breakdown was there.

M1 CP took first, Y2 CP finished dead last and they both had a great time. Other than the OMG THIS AWARD CEREMONY IS STARTING FORTY MINUTES LATE moments, we found it to be well run, loved the fact that the comp rooms and the awards room were super spacious so you never felt like a sardine. I'll give the whole shebang a thumbs up overall!
Hi Jill! ;)

Little kids are easy to please! I'm sure she liked the tattoo idea as well lol

My CP loved the string bag. She's 8... LOL. They were definitely kinda cheapy little things, but the little kids were excited about them. Definitely would be nice to know when the jackets are coming in, I have no idea if CP's will even fit since we didn't even have sizers to try on in VA Beach before having to pick a size. By the time we get them, she'll probably have grown two sizes... ha!!
e

So I see there is a us finals tv where you can watch all of he teams. Where can I find this?

Jackets just got here!! So maybe they weren't being shipped form China.;) UPS dropped them off this morning. Hope everyone gets theirs soon too.

That was another interesting twist... having a team full of minis changing out their shoelaces right before warmups. My kiddo refuses to take hers out even though they're so crazy long on her teeny little-kid-size-12 feet that she calls them "six-le knotted". Like, triple knotted, but six times. Six-le knotted. Mayhem, I tell you.
Well you can tell her that our coach was "mean" because she didn't let the girls put the gold laces in for their performance. Her theory was that they would call attention to un-pointed toes, and therefore, could cost us points. Always thinking, our coach is. She can work a scoresheet like nobody's business :)

Well you can tell her that our coach was "mean" because she didn't let the girls put the gold laces in for their performance. Her theory was that they would call attention to un-pointed toes, and therefore, could cost us points. Always thinking, our coach is. She can work a scoresheet like nobody's business :)
LOL sounds like something I'd do. There's no way I'm helping 11 minis take their laces out right before we perform. Most of them can't even tie their own shoes.

I don't think ours would have let them if she'd had the chance to stop them - the kids were given them before she arrived to collect the team, and half of them had already started changing them over. Luckily they still placed first so no one had to start wondering if it were the shoelaces that cost them... cause you know all us crazy cheer moms would have! LOL!

Back