All-Star Usag Makes Ncata A Part Of Gymnastics!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So it's like a new version of all-star cheer run by USAG. Minus the pageantry.

Better get your ish together USASF.

Interesting to see this is a coed...

It may be coed as a youth sport, but I don't think it can be coed as a varsity sport in college.

So it's like a new version of all-star cheer run by USAG. Minus the pageantry.

Better get your ish together USASF.

It may be coed as a youth sport, but I don't think it can be coed as a varsity sport in college.

It can be coed, it's just doubtful people are interested as its not economically attractive I would imagine. Making cheer a sport is very cheap comparatively to other sports.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

It can be coed, it's just doubtful people are interested as its not economically attractive I would imagine. Making cheer a sport is very cheap comparatively to other sports.

Can it be? I wasn't sure how that worked with Title IX. Probably better for a school to keep it all-girl for that reason.

Can it be? I wasn't sure how that worked with Title IX. Probably better for a school to keep it all-girl for that reason.

It can be but can counteract its title IX I believe. Basically if you have coed and add 10 girls and 10 boys you net 0. But outside of crew (where the coxswain could be female) idk of any other mixed sports.

Kind of saw this coming when A&T started taking off at the college level...and then they announced they were going to pilot a high school program. This is going to be incredibly attractive to parents that are looking for real scholarship opportunities for their kids. We all know that you should never put your kid in an activity because you expect it to pay for school later but the reality is that is what parents do. And the biggest argument I get from family and friends in regards to cheer is the fact that there are so few opportunities once you age out of AS.
Having the USGA behind it legitimizes it in the public's eye. It doesn't get "cheer" any closer to being an Olympic sport, acro gymnastics still isn't recognized. I don't know if it will change anything the USASF does unless they see a large group of kids migrate that way.

Having the USGA behind it legitimizes it in the public's eye. It doesn't get "cheer" any closer to being an Olympic sport, acro gymnastics still isn't recognized. I don't know if it will change anything the USASF does unless they see a large group of kids migrate that way.

I could see this being introduced into the Olympics as another gymnastics event much sooner than it would be introduced as its own sport.

I love me some college cheerleading (heck I coach) but comparatively from what happened at NCA where 1 team hit and NCATA where it looks like no one really misses I hope we all adopt some of the clean that is going on. If college routines looked and hit like Worlds teams I could see cheer being a sport at the Olympics, but if we cant clean our act up NCATA is probably the faster path.

what are the major differences between A&T? cause from what i know about it all i see is major similarities

what are the major differences between A&T? cause from what i know about it all i see is major similarities
They changed the name from A&T to NCATA. It's the same thing. The difference is between STUNT and NCATA

oops i meant to say whats the difference between cheer and A&T

Traditional Cheer - 2:30 routine showing all elements.

NCATA - Different rounds consisting on only a few members on the mat at a time. Each round is a different skill set (Tumbling, Stunts, Pyramids, Etc. are all different rounds). There are compulsory and optional rounds like in gymnastics. The final round is a 2:3o comp routine like in traditional cheer.

Back