All-Star Usasf 2015-2017 Cheer Safety Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Playing Devils Advocate.. they can do them as much as they want. Just not in the competition routine.

For some this is true, but I know kids who can only afford team (no classes, privates, etc.) and not all gyms offer open gym.

For some this is true, but I know kids who can only afford team (no classes, privates, etc.) and not all gyms offer open gym.

And "team" when they tumble should be working on all skills b/c the comp routine skills they really should have and just need cleaning work... If they can't, they will never progress.

And "team" when they tumble should be working on all skills b/c the comp routine skills they really should have and just need cleaning work... If they can't, they will never progress.

I get what you are saying, but many gyms only work on skills that will be competed, except for the time when season ends until new tryouts.

Is there a release date? Hopefully not the week before the competition season....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea, just remembered that from a previous post in this thread. I wouldn't put that past them though lol

still a bit sad that wording and rules of standing tumbling for level 5 hasn't changed. 2 to whip whip doubles should be allowed and as a progression to 2 to full whip dubs and dub whip dubs. also is 1 to full whip double that dangerous? i believe only the word "immediately" needed to be taken out.

They can also do those skills in a J5 routine. All Youth 5 kids are age eligible for J5 and my guess is there aren't any gyms that can safely field a Y5 that couldn't also safely field a J5.
Then youth 5 isn't needed at all, if you think about it?

One con would be that younger kids would move up, in all divisions. If the youth 5 kids are coming up to junior 5, there would probably be even more 12 year olds on Worlds teams.

½ Wrap around: A stunt skill that involves a single base holding a top person usually in a cradle position (as seen in “Swing Dancing”). The base then releases the legs of the top person and swings the legs (which are together) around the back of the base. The base then wraps their free arm around the legs of the top person with the top person’s body wrapped around the back or the base.

I get what you are saying, but many gyms only work on skills that will be competed, except for the time when season ends until new tryouts.

This system annoys me to no end. Granted CP is part of a family who can afford an extra tumbling class or privates if she asked for them, but only making them practice what they do in their routine is so counter productive to growing those kids.

Back