All-Star Usasf 2015-2017 Cheer Safety Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I believe that is where many of us are confused, between dismounts and cradle? Because we are seeing this as a dismount. Could you explain the difference. Thanks.
A cradle is a specific type of dismount. You can find the definition of cradle (and lots of other things) in the glossary:

Cradle: A dismount in which the top person is caught in a cradle position.
Cradle Position: Base(s) supporting a top person by placing arms wrapped under the back and under the legs of the top person. The top person must land in a “V”/pike/hollow body position (face up, legs straight and together) below prep level.
Dismount: The ending movement from a stunt or pyramid to a cradle or the performing surface. Movements are only considered “Dismounts” if released to a cradle or released and assisted to the performing surface. Movement from a cradle to the ground is not considered a “Dismount”. When/if performing a skill from the cradle to the ground the skill will follow stunt rules (twisting, transitions, etc.)

I also have to point out, now that this thread has resurfaced, that there have been changes made to the rules between the last time we talked about this (early July) and now. An update occurred on 27 August. You can find the updated glossary and rules here:

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM3/...te/Safety/docs/USASF_Rules_15-17_15-08-27.pdf

I believe that is where many of us are confused, between dismounts and cradle? Because we are seeing this as a dismount. Could you explain the difference. Thanks.

Like Sarah S said, a cradle is a specific type of dismount.

Dismount: The ending movement from a stunt or pyramid to a cradle or the performing surface. Movements are only considered “Dismounts” if released to a cradle or released and assisted to the performing surface. Movement from a cradle to the ground is not considered a “Dismount”. When/if performing a skill from the cradle to the ground the skill will follow stunt rules (twisting, transitions, etc.)

Cradle: A dismount in which the top person is caught in a cradle position.

Back