All-Star Usasf Age Grid To Be Released Soon!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aka leaving 3 teams in Large Senior? Is medium senior all girl a worlds division next year

It doesn't specify, but the statement saying that in a Worlds qualifying event, they do not have to combine the small senior divisions regardless of number of competitors, leads me to believe that it will be. Maybe Les or someone in the know can answer that for us.

NOTE: For Worlds qualifying divisions at an event where Worlds bids will be awarded, an event producer may leave Senior Level 5 divisions split regardless of the number of teams competing in them.
So, this is a big "may", up to the event producer. I think this "medium" for large all girl HAS to be a worlds division or teams aren't gonna go for being large at 22-32ish. Whats the point if once you get to worlds and you have to compete with 36.

I'm so confused. According to the grid, Small Medium and Large are the new coeds. There is no Medium all girl. But then, when they define how EP's should split, Medium is mentioned for Senior Level 5 and not coed is not stipulated. I know what I think, but the wording isn't very clear. Did they just make a new possible division or are we all just reading way too much into this?

I'm anxious to see how the top programs in Large Limited may change now that they will need more boys to stay "large" or "medium".

I'm so confused. According to the grid, Small Medium and Large are the new coeds. There is no Medium all girl. But then, when they define how EP's should split, Medium is mentioned for Senior Level 5 and not coed is not stipulated. I know what I think, but the wording isn't very clear. Did they just make a new possible division or are we all just reading way too much into this?

I think the Senior Level 5 isn't split and the Co-Ed divisions are in the age grid because of the necessity to define the number of males allowed in each division.

Nevermind...Medium All Girl has been added according to the explanations included on the very last page of the grid. Wonder if they'll add it to worlds :confused:

The Senior Level 5 divisions will remain at a cap of 36 members for “Large.” A
new “Medium” division has been added for all girl teams, and the numbers
for co-ed teams has been restructured. This is an effort to gather further
information on teach size, with the goal being to review division sizes again
for the 2012-13 season.

Remember that semi used to be a division but not a worlds division. They could very well be testing the waters and if enough medium sized teams pop up make it a worlds division or ease the transition to smaller worlds divisions

I could be wrong but I have a gut feeling the levels 1-4 at 32, and the level 5 at 36 was a way to try and make everyone happy. I feel like it was a compromise they had to eventually come to because they were never going to agree on going 30 across the board. Same goes for keeping youth 5 and adding a restricted youth 5.

I think by and large, the USASF made the right calls.

But I do think it's interesting that whenever there was a close vote for something (eliminate youth 5, change the age grid, restrict crossover to a percentage of the team) that the inclination was to claim "a lack of consensus" on the issue and maintain the status quo. All in all the changes seemed pretty incremental.

Back