All-Star Usasf Age Grid To Be Released Soon!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If Medium all girl will be a worlds division, I think that division will explode. I hope that Large Coed can keep the expected growth past next year. I do share your hope that programs will start stepping out of small and start fielding larger teams. Having deeper divisions is a benefit to the entire industry.

I think it will end up being a Worlds division. Then, outside of WCSS, F5, and CEA who will enter large senior? Marlins, Poison, FCA... all of them can take 6 less girls and go be in a new worlds division. A lot of small senior teams can add 4 girls or so and be competitive in the medium division. It will syphon off a lot of large. I know I would have taken Spice medium for a Worlds bid if it had existed this year.

Couldn't possibly disagree with you more Kingston. Especially considering large coed will likely be back better than ever next season. Guess we will all wait and see.

The hope for all parties is that more teams will take a baby step out of small and at least field medium sized teams in all divisions and that one day we can have equivalent sized divisions in small, medium and large one day.

1. I think Large Coed will only be back next year better than ever because teams in Semi-Limited Coed right now will not be turning away guys they already have in order to drop down to the new Medium Coed division, thus Large Coed is the only place for them to go.

2. I thought the goal was to have more teams with the maximum number of athletes in each division, not just an in-between?

2. A medium size team is how many kids? In the senior divisions it's 30, so I'm confused as to the difference between Medium and Large in the context of your post.

I believe she stated she thought medium was 36 as well, but then realized that it was only 30.

I believe she stated she thought medium was 36 as well, but then realized that it was only 30.

Yes. I think instead of being a stop gap solution, medium becomes THE solution.

I still feel like Small Coed will be huge, and maybe even bigger than this year!!

Question for anyone who knows the answer. Why would large Coed say 1-18 boys? Why wouldn't it say 7-18 boys? I don't understand that, especially since Medium coed is 1-6 boys.

I agree with @kingston I think eventually Medium will become the new Large. Unless our numbers go up industry wide, I can see Large dying out. I would hope not, as I enjoy seeing Large teams. I enjoy having competition more though.

Question for anyone who knows the answer. Why would large Coed say 1-18 boys? Why wouldn't it say 7-18 boys? I don't understand that, especially since Medium coed is 1-6 boys.

Probably because Medium is only 30 athletes, whereas Large is 36. You could go Lg Coed with 3 boys and 36 overall; you couldn't do that in Medium

Oh, I want to see the team that thinks they can go large coed with 3 boys versus teams with 18 boys, lol. I do get it why they did it to make it Large=36, but honestly, we all know that most teams who compete in that division, better have 7 or more boys to keep up. Especially with the Coed-style stunting on those worlds score sheets

Oh, I want to see the team that thinks they can go large coed with 3 boys versus teams with 18 boys, lol. I do get it why they did it to make it Large=36, but honestly, we all know that most teams who compete in that division, better have 7 or more boys to keep up. Especially with the Coed-style stunting on those worlds score sheets

I agree, and that is why most will probably go medium. 6 boys means you have 3 tumblers 3 stunters (ish). 18 boys means large is gonna look kinda like it does now in unlimited AND you will see a further surge in International Coed 5 (because of the 12 boy requirement).

Medium coed being also limited by number on the mat is a total surprise. For now medium
is 30. IMO the ultimate answer was presented by Victor but too late for this year. Hopefully he can get some momentum behind his brilliant idea for next year. Long term, having small at 20 ; medium at 28 ; and large at 36 with divisions combined locally but split when registration allows ( three in each division ) would solve a great deal of our issues. This way small and large would never be combined ( only small with medium or medium with large ) .
On another note.. Having three coed and three all girl worlds divisions makes a lot more sense than our current 4 coed and 2 all girl.

Small & Medium Coed will field alot of teams at Worlds/ Small & Medium All Girl will field alot of teams at Worlds. There will be like 3 teams in Large all-girl & maybe 8 teams in Large Coed. I really don't understand 30 though. Why 30??? Why wouldn't Medium be 28? 21-28 Medium, 29-36 Large??? 8 and 8 is equal, I really don't get that one, and would love an explanation for that one. Overall, I'm quite OK with the new age grid. I think the USASF has done a great job considering the long and complex process. Hats off to them for what they have accomplished. Of course it's not perfect and I don't agree with anything, but hey...You can't please everyone!

Overall, I'm quite OK with the new age grid. I think the USASF has done a great job considering the long and complex process. Hats off to them for what they have accomplished. Of course it's not perfect and I don't agree with anything, but hey...You can't please everyone!

Agreed. There are things I'm not crazy about, but that's ok. There's things I wasn't crazy about last time either, but you learn to deal :) Overall, there's nothing that's going to negatively impact my gym next year, which I'm very happy about.

Agreed...Just give me the dang rules, and I'll abide by them!! None of these rules will impact my business negatively. Only 1 of our teams in Levels 1-4 had 36 kids, so 32 and under is fine for us.

Small & Medium Coed will field alot of teams at Worlds/ Small & Medium All Girl will field alot of teams at Worlds. There will be like 3 teams in Large all-girl & maybe 8 teams in Large Coed. I really don't understand 30 though. Why 30??? Why wouldn't Medium be 28? 21-28 Medium, 29-36 Large??? 8 and 8 is equal, I really don't get that one, and would love an explanation for that one. Overall, I'm quite OK with the new age grid. I think the USASF has done a great job considering the long and complex process. Hats off to them for what they have accomplished. Of course it's not perfect and I don't agree with anything, but hey...You can't please everyone!

I agree with this statement: "Small & Medium Coed will field alot of teams at Worlds/ Small & Medium All Girl will field alot of teams at Worlds. There will be like 3 teams in Large all-girl & maybe 8 teams in Large Coed." So if this is the case why wasn't the large just kept at 36 or changed to 32/30? It's the number that should or shouldn't be adjusted. An entire division did not need to be added to figure out this issue. Was is not current squad size that was up for discussion at the NACCC meeting?

Latest posts

Back