All-Star Usasf Athlete Id Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not sure of the whole process but what prevents whomever is inputting the data from "fudging" the birth date?[/

My understanding is that a representative from USASF checks every athlete profile once they are uploaded and verifys each athletes age with the birth certificate. When they are uploaded, athlete profiles are placed in a holding que and not "legitimate" until they are checked and confirmed by USASF.

Our athletes who have not been checked by USASF yet, have "unconfirmed" next to the age for the online profile.

Athletes can not be deleted, and once they are entered can not be re-registered to form duplicates. It seems pretty legitimate thus far.

So this is up on the Varsity Facebook page:

IMPORTANT UPDATE- 2012-2013 USASF Cheer & Dance Athlete Requirement:

This season, the USASF has announced that all organizations attending USASF sanctioned competitions need to register their athletes in the USASF Athlete Identification program. Varsity All Star and its Brands will support this initiative, however , teams who have yet to complete their USASF registration will still be allowed to compete this season. We will be proactive in this effort by sharing information with the USASF so they can work with any non-member gyms and member gyms who have yet to compete the Athlete Identification program.

If you need additional assistance or guidance through this process, please contact your USASF regional director- USASF.NET

So, help me clarify if I'm reading this right.....

USASF has a new ID system, but for all Varsity family events, it's not an issue if your kids aren't registered in 2012-2013. Is that a correct interpretation of what's above?

This season, the USASF has announced that all organizations attending USASF sanctioned competitions need to register their athletes in the USASF Athlete Identification program. Varsity All Star and its Brands will support this initiative, however , teams who have yet to complete their USASF registration will still be allowed to compete this season. We will be proactive in this effort by sharing information with the USASF so they can work with any non-member gyms and member gyms who have yet to compete the Athlete Identification program.

If you need additional assistance or guidance through this process, please contact your USASF regional director- USASF.NET

USASF has a new ID system, but for all Varsity family events, it's not an issue if your kids aren't registered in 2012-2013. Is that a correct interpretation of what's above?
That's the way I read it. I mean the ID program is great but pointless if there is no repercussions?

That's the way I read it. I mean the ID program is great but pointless if there is no repercussions?
It sounds like they are designating this season as a grace year to allow gyms to still compete without registering. Which probably means no repercussions this year at all. Maybe they are concerned about attendance at USASF comps being down (translation: less revenue for EPs) because gyms have not all complied with the Athlete ID program yet. But unless they make this Athlete Registration mandatory at some point it will be a major failure before it even gets started.

I have few questions regarding this and wonder who can answer them for me? Most of them are coming from a gym owner perspective.
Varsity owns gyms across the US. Varsity still owns the USASF and owns control of the board seats.

So when gyms are voluntarily giving their Athlete's Information which includes but is not limited to: emails, addresses, birth dates etc. for free, who are they giving them to?

Are they giving them to a Neutral and independent 3rd party? Are they giving them to the USASF (Varsity)? If they do give this information for free this year to USASF/Varsity, then in essence they will have the contact info for all of these athletes in all-star cheer, correct?
So, if I were a gym owner, why would I want to be giving away my database of all-star customers to a company that also owns all-star gyms? And for Free at that?
Sounds risky to me. Not sure if I was a gym owner, I'd want my database in their hands because who knows what could be done. This is why there needs to be an independent governing body free of Varsity control that represents the entire industry. This is why if Athlete credentialing is done it should be done by an Independent, Neutral, 3rd party.
Before anyone comes at me with "blah blah blah, Varsity isn't a conspiracy, blah blah blah" - It doesn't matter if I think it is or not - Fact of the matter is that if its TRUELY not a conspiracy, whats the problem with a third party managing this?

I have few questions regarding this and wonder who can answer them for me? Most of them are coming from a gym owner perspective.
Varsity owns gyms across the US. Varsity still owns the USASF and owns control of the board seats.

So when gyms are voluntarily giving their Athlete's Information which includes but is not limited to: emails, addresses, birth dates etc. for free, who are they giving them to?

Are they giving them to a Neutral and independent 3rd party? Are they giving them to the USASF (Varsity)? If they do give this information for free this year to USASF/Varsity, then in essence they will have the contact info for all of these athletes in all-star cheer, correct?
So, if I were a gym owner, why would I want to be giving away my database of all-star customers to a company that also owns all-star gyms? And for Free at that?
Sounds risky to me. Not sure if I was a gym owner, I'd want my database in their hands because who knows what could be done. This is why there needs to be an independent governing body free of Varsity control that represents the entire industry. This is why if Athlete credentialing is done it should be done by an Independent, Neutral, 3rd party.
Before anyone comes at me with "blah blah blah, Varsity isn't a conspiracy, blah blah blah" - It doesn't matter if I think it is or not - Fact of the matter is that if its TRUELY not a conspiracy, whats the problem with a third party managing this?
I think this goes along with "perception = reality". I agree that a 3rd party is a great idea. Is Varsity going to do anything with this information? I personally highly doubt it, but they could. Does Varsity have as much to do with the USASF as many think? I don't think so, but in sharing a building and the "loan" still hanging over the head of the USASF, perception is reality. Until things are 100% separate perception will always be USASF is about the money (which I don't think they are). I think the USASF has grown faster than they are able to keep up with at this moment. Things change yearly and I think they are doing HUGE positives for our industry. Whether a conspiracy theory has any merit or not, as long as there is a POSSIBILITY, they will continue.

I would like to pose another question.

Not to bring up :deadhorse:, but since Cheer Extreme "cheated" (in quotes just for whichever way to believe to be true) and got punished, what happened to Cheersport? Anything? I thought I was told once that Cheersport sold 49% of their shares to Varsity in 2006. Can anyone confirm that? Rumors have also been circulating Cheersport may be selling the rest of the shares as we speak?

The reason I bring that up, is because if gym owners are supposed to follow the USASF rules or else, what about Event producers? Its my understanding that event producers have been required to followed the rules but nothing has been set in stone that they are required to enforce them. Why was only ONE PARTY punished out of what seems to be this JOINT breakage of the rules?

Not to bring up :deadhorse:, but since Cheer Extreme "cheated" (in quotes just for whichever way to believe to be true) and got punished, what happened to Cheersport? Anything? I thought I was told once that Cheersport sold 49% of their shares to Varsity in 2006. Can anyone confirm that? Rumors have also been circulating Cheersport may be selling the rest of the shares as we speak?

The reason I bring that up, is because if gym owners are supposed to follow the USASF rules or else, what about Event producers? Its my understanding that event producers have been required to followed the rules but nothing has been set in stone that they are required to enforce them. Why was only ONE PARTY punished out of what seems to be this JOINT breakage of the rules?

My guess (and that is all that it is) is that no one filed a written complaint about Cheersport to the USASF, the written complaint was about CEA. USASF isn't going to search out people to punish (nor do I think they should) but can only react to what is officially brought before them.

Would a company be punished if they were owned completely or had substantial ownership by the very same corporation - albeit a different "division" - that enforced the rules?

Would you file a complaint against a company unless you had no intent of attending one of their events again? I would and from what I have heard about you, you would - but most wouldn't.

Would a company be punished if they were owned completely or had substantial ownership by the very same corporation - albeit a different "division" - that enforced the rules?

Would you file a complaint against a company unless you had no intent of attending one of their events again? I would and from what I have heard about you, you would - but most wouldn't.

You're dang right I would. However, when 49% of that company is owned by someone else....

This makes a lot of things do much easier! Our level 6 team was required to make a profile as soon as they made the team! Such a lovely idea!

In Slovenia in our Slovenian Cheerleading Assocation before our first competition we have to register all our kids who will compete this season. We have to write their names, surenames and date of birth. We have to give them a copy of their ID card so they see all their informations are true. So before a competition they check if everyone in division is old enough. There's no way you cheat in our association. Unless you register kid 1 who is old enough to be on the team and kid 2 who is to old compete.But on check in on the day of competition everyone must show their ID card. if you understand me :)

In Slovenia in our Slovenian Cheerleading Assocation before our first competition we have to register all our kids who will compete this season. We have to write their names, surenames and date of birth. We have to give them a copy of their ID card so they see all their informations are true. So before a competition they check if everyone in division is old enough. There's no way you cheat in our association. Unless you register kid 1 who is old enough to be on the team and kid 2 who is to old compete.But on check in on the day of competition everyone must show their ID card. if you understand me :)
Just curious, does the ID card have a current picture on it? Otherwise, who is to say that the athlete on the ID card is actually the athlete on the mat and not another gym member? I'm pretty sure our old gym used birth certificates from cheerleaders who were no longer with their organization to register illegal athletes.

Just curious, does the ID card have a current picture on it? Otherwise, who is to say that the athlete on the ID card is actually the athlete on the mat and not another gym member? I'm pretty sure our old gym used birth certificates from cheerleaders who were no longer with their organization to register illegal athletes.

yes it's a ID card that country give it to you. With that ID card you can go to other coutries. I don't know how you call it in US :D

yes it's a ID card that country give it to you. With that ID card you can go to other coutries. I don't know how you call it in US :D
Similar if not the same as a passport. The problem here in the US is many kids do not have passports yet nor do they have driver licenses because of their age, so there is no true "official" valid picture ID for them to have with their name, date of birth and picture on it.

Back