All-Star Usasf Cheer Rules Voting Results

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Am I correct in recalling that these still need to be adopted by the rules committee and they do not need to adhere to the voting results?

Really like the way the medium coed rules went. 8 males but keeping the division with the medium number of athletes. I feel like this will really go back to the feel of semi-limited which I loved that male to female ratio.

I can not wait until divisions no longer change. Pic a number and stick to it. 6,8,10 regardless no one will exit that div and join lrg. Dumb.

I can not wait until divisions no longer change. Pic a number and stick to it. 6,8,10 regardless no one will exit that div and join lrg. Dumb.

I don't like that the number of males was passed to increase to 8. It is NOT easy to find even 6 boys with quality level 5 skills in this area, let alone 8! Heck some years we struggled to find 4. :-/ I'm hoping this is just going before the rules committee but that they at LEAST discuss this option with the gyms that currently field medium coed teams before they pass it.

I wish we could bring large limited back. I'm not a big fan of medium coed, but large limited was easily my favourite coed division to watch.

I may be in the minority, But I am glad we are going through another season without dramatic rule changes. With that said, I would have been okay with the Level 4 and Level 5 options opening up, but still... I think I am more happy no change for once and we can focus on executing what we can do!

I may be in the minority, But I am glad we are going through another season without dramatic rule changes. With that said, I would have been okay with the Level 4 and Level 5 options opening up, but still... I think I am more happy no change for once and we can focus on executing what we can do!

I'm with you. It should make my job a lot easier.

I don't like that the number of males was passed to increase to 8. It is NOT easy to find even 6 boys with quality level 5 skills in this area, let alone 8! Heck some years we struggled to find 4. :-/ I'm hoping this is just going before the rules committee but that they at LEAST discuss this option with the gyms that currently field medium coed teams before they pass it.
The annoying thing about this "rule" is that it is supposed to encourage more teams to go large coed. I just don't understand the point, doesn't make sense to me. Either you have 18 boys or you don't. There SHOULD be a place for gyms without a huge amount of boys not to try and push gyms into this "large" category. I just want them to pick a number and STAY there. I don't want to see "10" on the voting slate next year.

I realize boys are very difficult to find in most places, especially at a high level. I am also not a coach who is trying to field a team, so I realize my opinions don't really matter... but the reason I like this rule is because with the numbers being 4,8, and 18 the percentage of males on a team are:
SC: 20%
MC: almost 30%
LC: up to 50%

i think that is a very nice progression between the divisions and makes more sense. (at 6 males, SC and MC have the same percentage, which seems silly to me) All just my opinion, of course.

I realize boys are very difficult to find in most places, especially at a high level. I am also not a coach who is trying to field a team, so I realize my opinions don't really matter... but the reason I like this rule is because with the numbers being 4,8, and 18 the percentage of males on a team are:
SC: 20%
MC: almost 30%
LC: up to 50%

i think that is a very nice progression between the divisions and makes more sense. (at 6 males, SC and MC have the same percentage, which seems silly to me) All just my opinion, of course.

I understand the reasoning behind your point, but it forces a gym that can't field 8 boys to drop 10 athletes off of their roster. So percentages mean nothing if there's no one left in the division. If this truly passes it'll be interesting to see what gyms like my own will do. I'm just not sure where we will find 8 boys...

I agree with you....Cheerleading may be popular for boys in the south...but not in the north or northeast. I feel this 8 limit will make the small coed division even larger than it already is. Medium and large coed teams will not exist in the north.

I agree with you....Cheerleading may be popular for boys in the south...but not in the north or northeast. I feel this 8 limit will make the small coed division even larger than it already is. Medium and large coed teams will not exist in the north.

Right. I personally think people are trying too hard to think about the boys and not realizing there just aren't that many out there in many areas of the country. So a gym that has 20+ strong females and just 4-5 boys is gonna have some tough decision making to do.

Back