All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know there is an exception to every rule however I believe Coaches really need to take the time to truly break down what it takes to make it to the next level. Not everyone understands but go off of what they think they know. I remember when my daughter cheered at Stingrays Roger talked to the parents and told them a good rule to go by is whatever level you "think" your child is, subtract one or two levels and that is realistically where they should be. While I understood, I don't think everyone does and if it was broken down I think less parents would be upset or caught off guard!

All in all I think there is more going on than safety. I mean really!!! This sport has grown at a rate that is amazing. There are injuries in all sports. ALL SPORTS PROGRESS...injuries or not. We must not let the few destroy the masses. Another fine example of accountability 101....take care of your business or face consequences! How long does anyone think the NFL would have been around if (due to injuries) they suddenly came out with “ no more tackling..its causes injury so we are going to play flag football from now on”....or NASCAR...due to safety issues we will set a speed limit of 55 MPH....neither sport would exist today and we all know it....the cap on tumbling is a death sentence to EVERYONE. It will trickle down. I can’t tell you the number of kids who write Kiara everyday saying you inspired me to join cheer etc... I haven’t even mentioned the hit coaches will take regarding private lessons etc. Gym owners will suffer..there fore so to will EP’s and on and on and on....there is just no plus for the rules as they are written.

The NFL has made recent major game changing decisions based on "safety".

Contact to the Helmet
Spearing
Horse Collar tackling
In the Grasp
Defenseless Receiver
Base Line testing for Concussions

Each one of these rules was put into place by the NFL rules Committee and was net with negative comments. Each one has changed outcome of games and changed the game altogether. Each one can be argued by both sides whether they were good for the game, needed or not.

It may not be as bad as saying they are now flag football but that was the exact words the public and media were saying when the in the grasp and horse collar rules were put in place. They even moved the kick off spot keeping returners from taking the kick off out and stated it was for safety. A Game Changing rule, it could be argued for the better or not but it was done.

Ok, don't shoot me. And I can't even believe I'm gonna say this... but here goes...

If the USASF decided to have a Worlds for each and every level, would that keep people from trying to push to the next level too soon? Not at the same time as Level 5 Worlds. Maybe a different location for each level on different weekends (no crossing allowed). As much as I would hate this, if it would stop coaches from pushing athletes too soon to the next skill, maybe that would be an acceptable compromise??

Ok, I'll duck for cover now!! haha :sharkchase:

Ok, don't shoot me. And I can't even believe I'm gonna say this... but here goes...

If the USASF decided to have a Worlds for each and every level, would that keep people from trying to push to the next level too soon? Not at the same time as Level 5 Worlds. Maybe a different location for each level on different weekends (no crossing allowed). As much as I would hate this, if it would stop coaches from pushing athletes too soon to the next skill, maybe that would be an acceptable compromise??

Hmm...I wonder what this would do to the international teams/divisions?

Know what? I don't think this is a bad idea at all. Maybe no need for separate 'Worlds' but you could do 1's and 2's together and 3's and 4's too. If there was more of an ability to compete at lower levels then perhaps more International teams would feel ready to dip into the pool at other levels as well!

Know what? I don't think this is a bad idea at all. Maybe no need for separate 'Worlds' but you could do 1's and 2's together and 3's and 4's too. If there was more of an ability to compete at lower levels then perhaps more International teams would feel ready to dip into the pool at other levels as well!

As long as we leave level 5 worlds separate. I do believe there is something to be said for achieving the highest level. But if the USASF would sponsor lower level worlds, give out bids just like they do for level 5...maybe it would stop all this needless push for progression...

i think this is actually a good idea and reduces stresss for international teams but most people just go off and rant about how theres all levels and blah blah blah, but in order for us to 'truly be a sport' like everybody keeps saying we need ONE national event and if it was prestigious enough as worlds i think it would make a big difference in terms of push, sure people will still want to be level five but this way its safer and way less stressful for teams

As long as we leave level 5 worlds separate. I do believe there is something to be said for achieving the highest level. But if the USASF would sponsor lower level worlds, give out bids just like they do for level 5...maybe it would stop all this needless push for progression...
Sorry I should have been clearer. I definitely think that Level 5&6 Worlds (as we know it) should be completely separate. But I don't think that they would need to do a level 1 worlds, level 2 etc. That might get to be too expensive and since many kids cross over at lower levels it could get crazy. Maybe instead of "Worlds" there is some sort of regional finals that one receives a bid to? I know that there are the All Levels and the virtual championships but I don't personally think those have quite the same allure...

Sorry I should have been clearer. I definitely think that Level 5&6 Worlds (as we know it) should be completely separate. But I don't think that they would need to do a level 1 worlds, level 2 etc. That might get to be too expensive and since many kids cross over at lower levels it could get crazy. Maybe instead of "Worlds" there is some sort of regional finals that one receives a bid to? I know that there are the All Levels and the virtual championships but I don't personally think those have quite the same allure...

They would have to set it up where the lower levels feel just as important. So they would have to award true paid bids (travel expenses, etc.) like level 5. These other all levels, US finals, etc. just pay for your entry fee.

The NFL has made recent major game changing decisions based on "safety".

Contact to the Helmet
Spearing
Horse Collar tackling
In the Grasp
Defenseless Receiver
Base Line testing for Concussions

Each one of these rules was put into place by the NFL rules Committee and was net with negative comments. Each one has changed outcome of games and changed the game altogether. Each one can be argued by both sides whether they were good for the game, needed or not.

It may not be as bad as saying they are now flag football but that was the exact words the public and media were saying when the in the grasp and horse collar rules were put in place. They even moved the kick off spot keeping returners from taking the kick off out and stated it was for safety. A Game Changing rule, it could be argued for the better or not but it was done.
the main difference is they did NOT cap the achievement of the NFL players...ie..telling tom brady that he cannot throw more than 2 touchdown passes per game....putting a limit on how good they can become will kill the sport...years ago the 6 minute mile in running was but only a dream...that has been smashed many times over...we are a free society and governing bodies need to step away from our business and we ALL need to accept that with achievement and success comes risk...if you don’t want you kids taking that risk then get in the truck...go home and sit one the couch!! But please don’t interfere with our right to work hard and be successful...and this would apply to most situations in the world today....end rant

OMG, I was thinking along the same lines! What if there was a Level 4 "Worlds" on the West Coast or other non-Florida location. It could incorporate the Open Level 4 as well. (But I get that this idea may now put the problem on the level 3 athletes rushing to get level 4). I know for a true worlds, being in Florida helps the European folks, but wouldn't having a "West Coast" alternative help the Australian / Asian folks?

They would have to set it up where the lower levels feel just as important. So they would have to award true paid bids (travel expenses, etc.) like level 5. These other all levels, US finals, etc. just pay for your entry fee.
I think if they could find a way to maybe have 3-4 major regionals you get 'paid' bids to (East Coast Championship, West Coast Championship, Midwest Championship, etc) and then compete the top 3 in each division 'LIVE' at some event or do a live broadcast somewhere etc to announce the winner, maybe that would make it more prestigious? Basically take the 'All-Levels' concept and refine it to make it feel more important/prestigious..that might make parents less likely to push if they feel like their kids are being rewarded (when they earn it, of course ;) )

the main difference is they did NOT cap the achievement of the NFL players...ie..telling tom brady that he cannot throw more than 2 touchdown passes per game....putting a limit on how good they can become will kill the sport...years ago the 6 minute mile in running was but only a dream...that has been smashed many times over...we are a free society and governing bodies need to step away from our business and we ALL need to accept that with achievement and success comes risk...if you don’t want you kids taking that risk then get in the truck...go home and sit one the couch!! But please don’t interfere with our right to work hard and be successful...and this would apply to most situations in the world today....end rant

They want you to work hard, they want you to succeed, and they want the sports to grow. But these governing bodies of all sports have to look out for the public view and the perception of injury. 100 years ago there were deaths and catastrophic injuries to football players, so they made changes, added pads/helmets/more rules to enhance the way the game was played and viewed. NASCAR as you mentioned earlier has its own rules for the safety of the particpants, yes they go over 200 mph, but those cars are limited on what they can do to maintain participant safety and overall public satisfaction of how safe the sport is. And now in recent years with the NFL changes, NBA foul rules, redefining of NCAA rules for multiple sports, they are limiting the players for safety to allow these activities to continue. Tom Brady is allowed to throw as many touchdowns as he wants, but the defensive players aren't allowed to tackle as hard as they physically can. Which seems unfair to them right? But paralyzed quarterbacks across the NFL would ruin the sport. Precautions must be made by governing bodies based strictly on data and feedback from the athletes and the public.

What is all levels?

Back