All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This perhaps isn't an issue for teams in the USA who have talent left right an centre, but when a team in say england has to follow the rules of being between 12-18 all season, gets a bid to worlds and then all athletes have to be 17+ to compete in the international division, that basically means only the 17 & 18 year olds of the team can go..problem? I think so

I understand that it can work against true international teams, but for years the USASF has changed things to help out those teams (less focus on tumbling, only 3 make it to finals, the number of boys allowed on the mat) but they have ran into so many issues with minors and adults over even the last year that something needed to be done. It doesn't fix the problem, but it givesn less of a chance of it happening now that 14 year olds aren't having late practices with 24 year olds.

I don't know what they will do with the teams overseas who's season runs differently and next season is already starting or getting ready to start. They still have the chance to compete against teams in the senior division. It may not be easy but it can be done.

Appropriate Choreography - I do agree with this to some degree, though I'm sure a lot of it will be left up to interpretation. There are so many little girls and boys that look up to older/higher level teams and I think that all of our teams need to be good role models for them. I'm just hoping that some competitions won't be too crazy about this rule, because I also believe that you should be able to choreograph for your age group.

Appropriate Uniforms - I think that having full-tops for some cheerleaders will be very frustrating. Take crossovers, for example. Many girls on my team cross over onto a junior team. This also means that had the rule been enforced last year, I would have been forced to wear a full-top uniform as a freshman in high school. At the very least, I hope USASF will limit this rule to Youth, Mini and Tiny only. I agree with the skirt/brief/short rule, though. An inch is not too much coverage to ask for, neither are briefs or a two-inch inseam.

Cover Up Guidelines - I absolutely do not agree with this, and I don't believe it will be enforced as much. This should be left to the discretion of parents, coaches, gym owners, etc. Plus, has anyone thought of how annoying it would be to take a shirt off right before warm ups and still have your hair/bronzer in tact?

Makeup - I do agree makeup should be appropriate and uniform to each team, but I think rhinestones add a bit more of individuality to some performances! I do not personally utilize them, but think that if they are done right, it looks very nice.

Bows - I think I may be the only one, but I'm just waiting for the day when they ban bows for being a "distraction" or some ridiculous thing. This rule seems more like common sense to me.

Tumbling - This really upsets me. I am so encouraged by the hard work athletes put into their tumbling. It's something they identify themselves with-how they make a name for themselves in the cheerleading world. Competitions won't be as interesting because tumbling will be so similar. I remember "Cheerleader Nation" and one of the girls trying out for Dunbar saying that what team you make there depends on what you can do by yourself. Isn't this why we have a 4.2? It's much easier to teach someone to stunt than it is to tumble. We're either opening ourselves up to not as skilled athletes or competitors that are too-practiced. It's like entering a level 2 Youth team into a Mini 1 division.

Age Grid - I don't really agree with the Open age. Younger talents are becoming more and more common. While I see why they would do this, I think 17 is too extreme of an alteration from the previous age. The International age rule is also going to make a big difference to many athletes. If this rule is TRULY necessary, I'd like to see it enforced the season after the next. I'm also disappointed with the loss of Mini 3 division. I love watching them! They're just so talented. I also wish they weren't putting restrictions on Youth 5, especially with raising the Youth age to 12. I think one or the other should be chosen (most preferably, raising the age of Youth. If you're talented enough to be on a level 5 team at age 11, you deserve to twist in braced flips and perform double fulls/kick doubles). The desegregation of Junior Coed 3/4 and All-Girl 3/4 also doesn't sound like a very good idea. While these Junior Coed teams are rarer, the competition tends to be legitimate. Also, the strength many males have will make a difference in tumbling, stunts, baskets, etc. I'm sad to see the division integrate. I do like having a bottom age for Senior teams! 10 seems fair to me. While I know small gyms will struggle, it just doesn't seem right a lot of the times putting a Mini-aged girl up in the air with 18-year-olds.

just tiny and mini should have long tops. because a girl who is on youth who is 12 has to wear a full top but a girl who is 10 and on a senior team and gets to wear a half top! doesnt make sense...someone said that earlier too, just dont remember who.

i just feel like no one can complain about the not jumping/celebrating when 2nd place is called.. because thats an issue every year after worlds

USASF is so pathetic. Let me tell you something about USASF. We were best friends all of my all star cheer experience. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then I started competing standing fulls and bounding passes through to doubles that were totally gorgeous but then USASF was like, weirdly jealous of them. Like, if I would blow USASF off to compete the skills I had, USASF would be like be like, "Why didn't you compete a backhandspring before you double?" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-girls pool party, I was like, "USASF, I can't invite you, because I think you're holding me back." I mean I couldn't have a USASF staff member at at my party. There were gonna be cheerleaders competing their actual passes. I mean, right? So then my mom called USASF and started yelling, it was so retarded. And then USASF dropped out of school because no one would listen to the dumb rules they posted and USASF came back on March 28th to post new rules, and all of USASF's hair was cut off and USASF was totally weird, and now I guess USASF's on crack.

Seriously! If miss universe canada is getting MAJOR criticism for disqualifying a transgender contestant, how is it that USASF can determine how a man should perform on the floor? That is allllll kinds of wrong. Gender Discrimination!

NCA did it at college nationals a few years ago with guys in the dance (they don't get scored for dancing). I don't agree with it but I don't see anything happening because of it. I remember watching the feed for the meeting last year or the year before and several of the coaches agreed that the flamboyant attitudes that some show off on the mat needed to go. One of them mentioned something about leaving their sexuality off the mat or something along those lines.

I understand that it can work against true international teams, but for years the USASF has changed things to help out those teams (less focus on tumbling, only 3 make it to finals, the number of boys allowed on the mat) but they have ran into so many issues with minors and adults over even the last year that something needed to be done. It doesn't fix the problem, but it givesn less of a chance of it happening now that 14 year olds aren't having late practices with 24 year olds.

I don't know what they will do with the teams overseas who's season runs differently and next season is already starting or getting ready to start. They still have the chance to compete against teams in the senior division. It may not be easy but it can be done.
Teams already got their bids for 2013 this past weekend which if these rules apply they will not be able to go to and compete unless they are 17+..which in a gym with a max of 50 athletes in most cases over here, you really think they will have that many athletes at level 5? USASF if pretty much eliminating 90% of international athletes

This is awful!!! What are they going to work on? My daughters favorite thing is tumbling and working on new skills. They are single handily killing the sport. I don't think it's right to punish the cps because gyms won't take the ownise and teach properly

---
I am here: Google Maps
Amen Sister!!!!

Back