All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do the girls on WCSS REALLY agree with the changes, or are they saying that because it's their coach? Cause i saw a video not too long ago of Kelsey working on a standing double, which would be anyones dream to compete. Call me naive, but I would be PISSED that i could no longer throw that or a standing full
on a fb post from her "These new rules aren't fair at all. We all worked so hard to get to where were at and it's like we have nothing to work for anymore. Cannot believe this at all :("

I'm gonna guess she's not pleased about it

A stunt crashing to the floor is generally more dangerous than a standing full that crashes, not to mention we see far more falls out of stunts than on standing fulls. Maybe they will ban stunting soon...:confused:

If they are willing to start banning skills that have been a fixture in the sport for years, there is no telling how far they may take these restrictions. They really are making up rules as they go along. And yet we still can't get a universal scoresheet!

Banning random tumbling skills won't do anything to prevent injuries. The boys, especially, will either be driven out of this sport, or they will start making up stupid combinations to get around the rules (backwalkover-full combo) so that every team isn't doing the exact same darn skills!
I injured our best tumbler at the entire gym by falling on her during a stunt...

Someone named Brad (missed last name) is calling for all owners to band together against this

Get that in theory, but unless these gyms are going to start boycotting USASF-sanctioned events, what can they really do? Start their own sanctioning body and sponsor their own competitions?

Top Gun talking and is saying gym owners need to stop worrying about what is best for their gym but instead what is best for the industry
Hopefully as in, USASF require coaches to be certified, oh wait that costs too much money so limiting skills is smarter!? GRRRRRR

These rules don't really change anything for my daughter.
She just turned 7 all she has is RO, BHS, tuck.

No gym she is going to has a mini 3 so that has nothing to do with us but I still care a lot and I'm really over here mad about this.

These are hurting level 5 kids the most maybe I need to adopt a level 5 kid so other people in my house won't think I'm crazy for even caring? Lol

Back