All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I feel like it's world's weekend. Every time I refresh there's 2 more pages to read!

USASF needs to stop whacking at the leaves and get into the roots. The reason there are so many injuries is because they let athletes LEARN janky tumbling from unqualified coaches. Just because an athlete is landing a full doesn't mean they should start working doubles. Just because an athlete has a running double doesn't mean they are doing backhandsprings correctly. I believe it was Debbie Love who said the qualifications to be a high level coach are just not intense enough. The real problems are coming from not being taught basic skills correctly and it just has a domino effect for the rest of their progress.

The USASF missed what they were going for. Because you fear injury in a sport you don't eliminate parts of it completely. You find a way to provide training and resources to prevent it from happening. Get better resources for gyms to help prevent these type of injuries. Provide them with training for their athletes to get skills while using proper form. Reinforce conditioning programs to help make the athletes stronger and more flexible. They chose knee jerk reaction, without thinking about ways to make sport better. Very poor planning on their part.

I see some tweets from some conflicted WC kids? Are their coaches backing the new rules?

Well Elaine is on the board, so she helped create this mandate. What choice do they have

The flashbacks of the regional meetings of Elaine pushing for no standing to double, and Debbie Love losing it during that conversation are so intense right now. Total BS. It wouldn't be an issue if this was actually about safety, and not politics. I'm more annoyed of the little "etiquette" flyer. You're going to tell everyone how they should/shouldn't act during awards, and at competitions. Will we get disqualified if we "overly emphasize the win with overt displays of excitement"? WHAT?!​

I think all cheerleaders learned a valuable lesson tonight. If you believe in something strongly and want to make change you can do it. The cheerleading world became a team tonight. It is amazing what you can do if you stick together. Remember that every time you take the floor. You can make this sport better, your hard work will pay off in the end.

It sounds like our US government. We are trillions of dollars in debt and they are honestly arguing over whether Roger Clemens used steroids to pitch a 20 strikeout game in 1997.

We need to start Universal Scoresheets, a solid athlete registration system, etc. and they are worried if your smile is too big. Like, THERE ARE BIGGER FISH TO FRY HERE, USASF! (one of the few times caps lock seems appropriate :p )

Back