All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ugh. So much to digest. I know we are desperately trying to get everyone else to accept cheer as a sport, so I se where some of the makeup and hair changes are coming from, but then why are we leveling the skills. This makes no sense to me.

Also, let the uniforms evolve as needed. Don't MANDATE uniforms. As for how the athletes are dressed while walking around, etc., give these athletes some credit and respect.MOST know how to present themselves appropriately.

Finally, now the cheer industry is GENDER DISCRIMINATING? What is going on here?

The flashbacks of the regional meetings of Elaine pushing for no standing to double, and Debbie Love losing it during that conversation are so intense right now. Total BS. It wouldn't be an issue if this was actually about safety, and not politics. I'm more annoyed of the little "etiquette" flyer. You're going to tell everyone how they should/shouldn't act during awards, and at competitions. Will we get disqualified if we "overly emphasize the win with overt displays of excitement"? WHAT?!​

You would think that what Debbie Love has to say would mean more then it seems to mean. Even her daughters are not happy with this.

I am still calling for am impeachment, I don't care if there is no such thing in cheer.

I think New credentialing for all coaches .."we" have to be teaching proper tech. Level 1-5 .. New rules fine but voted on by the people who actually are involved in the sport the Owners n coaches .. I wish I could have told them what I thought ;) usasf get it together WE are the sport and WE will be heard !!!

Isnt innovation of new skills what made gymnastics what it is today??? Going back in time is not going to get cheer up that same place, ugh!
And I just have to say.... Youth age to 12 and senior 10+....I can see a demise of the junior divisions as time goes on, especially in the small gym.

Brad as the Mockingjay was the best thing I think I've ever read on these boards.

Maybe because I just typed a project and read all of this for the last 3 years...but this is actually crazy! We are rewriting cheerleading history right now...and if the USASF is done or remade? Crazy stuff. And on that note, I'm exhausted and going to bed.

Ok so I just want to clarify:

Since you took out pretty much all specialty passes in level 5 you now have a bunch of large gyms that will be able to make even more multiple level5 teams for small and medium and so forth since I'm sure they have a lot more kids that have the skills they need now.

You are killing small gyms by putting a bottom age on seniors. So when my cp is 8 and has level 4 tumbling skills am I going to leave her at a small gym when the biggest they only have is a sr4 and jr2. She obviously can't be a Sr and I don't want to hold her back so I'm going to move to a large gym that has a youth or jr 4?
Ok I got it...

But it's ok when she turns 12 she can be on youth 5, jr 5, and sr 5 but wait no I don't want her to be on SRs because now I have to buy 2 uniforms...

We are leaving the house at 4 am to get to the competition that starts at 7 so we can support our tiny and mini's but my daughter doesn't compete till 6pm so she must be competition ready when she gets there?
Yea and the hair will look a mess from having to put the t-shirt off then on since she must be covered.

Must I add my son is so totally gay and over the top and he must contain his self because he is to fierce?

Yes this makes perfect sense .. Loving the new rules!!!

:eek: I just spent an hour getting through the thread after my Facebook feed blew up. I am in total shock right now. Last year they dragged out the rule changes, had 4 million votes, meetings, ect. Now they are just deciding to do things and not consulting the rules commitee?! I really feel bad for those kids like Level5Mom 's that has worked so hard for advanced tumbling passes to basically be told she can never throw them again. We are going to lose a lot of these kids to power tumbling and acro gymnastics.
The uniform rules don't bother me as much as the tumbling restrictions. So my cp has to wear a tshirt, she normally does anyway and even when we get to the venue early she has on her warmup. We already have gym rules about image so this wasn't much of a change for us.
I am all for USA gymnastics taking over All Star and instituting the same certifications and rules their coaches have to go through. A large percentage of the USASF board is event producers, the fact that they decided on this and passed it like they are President Snow really ticks me off (and that's being nice).:mad:

Back