All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I understand what you are saying but where is the freedom? Ask the kids if they like and feel comfortable in what they wear...this is not NAZI Germany for goodness sake....good Lord...with one click they put us all at a high school basketball game and made the likes of Kiara and Whitney average...they isn't anything good about these idiotic changes...IMO

I agree that they're sacrificing the freedom these gyms have to dress their athletes as they please, and it doesn't really happen in other sports (although there are outfit restrictions concerning safety, but we have had those for a while), but I also don't think the uniform rule is completely wrong. When I go to competitions and see tiny little girls in skimpy little uniforms, I'm horrified. It's any sick pervert's playground, and there have been quite a few issues that I've heard of concerning perverted people in cheerleading competitions and other events to do with cheer.

Did you see Mike Blaylock's facebook status regarding this? THAT'S our coach...and that queen is pissed...
I'm not friends with him on Facebook so no, you can dm me if it is inappropriate for this thread.
Once again, I don't want people thinking I agree with the flamboyancy ruling, I do not AT ALL, I queen out with the best of them and I love doing it, but I am saying that I'm not surprised.

I want ALL of us that are attending Worlds to make tee shirts, each one saying something different. Black. With big white capital block letters:

RIP Standing Full
RIP Standing Dub
RIP Bling
RIP Our Dance
RIP International Division
RIP JrCo 3/4
RIP Mini 3
RIP Booty Slap
RIP Fetus Flyer on Senior
RIP Male Cheerleaders
RIP Fame's Eye Stickers

Feel free to add your own.
RIP Big Bows
RIP Customized sweats we wear for big comps
RIP Senior 5
HELLO Restricted 5
RIP All Star Cheer

It's like Courtney Pope said last night, it seems so broken that we almost need to start again.
I just think that in order for our sport to not be without MANY competitions for 2-3 seasons, we can't just eliminate Varsity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do they not own a LOT of competition companies including NCA and UCA? Varsity needs to exist, it's as simple as that, but we as cheerleaders, athletes, coaches, fans, parents, etc. need to come together and demand change.

Only attend events by IEP's. We only attend two Varsity competitions a year, ACA and NCA. You can easily create a season without Varsity, but without USASF? That's another story.

Oh something else...my CP's first and ONLY cheer related injury in 8 years (6 of them being level 5) was this year when a 180 pound boy trampled her in a synchronized running tumbling pass. Should we ban synchronized tumbling, too?? :banghead:

Only attend events by IEP's. We only attend two Varsity competitions a year, ACA and NCA. You can easily create a season without Varsity, but without USASF? That's another story.

I agree that you CAN, and a lot of gyms probably do, but I don't think we can do to eliminate the company that hosts some of the biggest and best competitions in cheerleading.

I am starting to wish that the USAG would just start handling cheerleading as we know it. They know exactly how to regulate progressions, proper training and conditioning, universal scoresheets, transparency in judging, coaches training/certification, etc. etc. I am just so fed up with this. I am sick and tired of hearing "we can't police this, we can't police that". We can't, we can't we can't. But WAIT, we CAN take a minimal amount of "studies" and decide that we need to eliminate every single remotely difficult tumbling skill a cheerleader can throw. We CAN regulate bow size, makeup and full length tops. I have been a HUGE supporter of the USASF. I have wished that they could become the USAG of all star cheer. Now they have lost my support 100%. Not that that matters at all to them, but I have zero interest now in helping solidify them in the eyes of the cheer world. As a coach I will choreograph my routines to fit the limitations I've been given. I will only teach the skills my kids are allowed to throw. But I will beg our owner to consider other options that would allow us to leave the USASF altogether. But as a parent, I am done. If my girls told me tonight they don't want to tryout, I would be in complete support of that. I no longer want to spend my hard earned money to help pad the pockets of anyone (EP's, gyms, governing bodies) that support these new tumbling restrictions. March 28, 2012 will be a day marked on my calendar for the day all star cheer died. It will never be the true legitimate sport we all dreamed it would become. Such a sad, sad day...
AMEN

so if worlds 2012 is 100% injury free in regards to tumbling (specifically the banned tumbling) what will USASF have to say? It will show there are athletes out there that deserve to perform the skills they have earned.

So are they saying that you need to be in full uniform...I would consider full uniforms warm ups, well at least part of it, so you cant wear warm ups to the event, tell that to little kids when its freezing outside and they don't compete for 7 hours. That will be interesting.

There's a possibility for injury with every skill you do. Heck, I know many people who have injured themselves stepping off the floor, or walking, but the continuous serious injuries on these harder skills are what is concerning the USASF. I need surgery on both my wrists because I threw a bad back handspring once and dislocated tendons in both of them, but does that mean that the majority of people who throw back handsprings have done the same? No, but I can guarantee you that most of the athletes throwing these big skills have at one point or another suffered a very serious injury as a result.

So are they saying that you need to be in full uniform...I would consider full uniforms warm ups, well at least part of it, so you cant wear warm ups to the event, tell that to little kids when its freezing outside and they don't compete for 7 hours. That will be interesting.

It seems like they're saying wear full uniform with a t-shirt or warm up suits. But not all gyms have warm up suits and convention centers are COLD! I don't have a problem with them advising gyms to suggest their athletes don't look like slobs dressed in pajamas, but there is just no way to enforce it.

Back