All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Way to neuter true Senior 5 teams USASF.. I thought that's why you created Senior Restricted 5 in the first place.
confused0024.gif

I think i'm most upset/surprised by the standing full rule... I feel like i've never seen a really awful standing full competed. I mean i'm sure there has been but I thought standing fulls were the least of the problem...

i agree with you! I am not saying i AGREE with usasf's tumbling rules, because i don't, but if they argued the point they were trying to look out for safety etc. i could MAYBE understand standing doubles....But standing fulls?? Honestly? After the majority of the cheer world spent the past 5+ years pushing for them?? they are not an issue of safety in my opinion

as far as the uniform thing - i really don't get how they can tell you what you can wear......
the whole thing is kind of crazy - way to many restrictions all over the place. a lot of dumb age things.
when making these rules they really need to take into account how it affects different sized gyms. some small gyms are really gonna be in trouble with a lot of this. and even some medium sized gyms.

Instead of standing fulls they will do tuck fulls or tuck doubles.

I think some of it is fine, the Youth 5 rules I agree with, the uniforms changes I agree with, the Internationl age change I agree with, but I do not like limitations and elimination of tumbling skills in senior level 5.

They might as well do away with the SR5 division now because there isn't much difference in the two now.

It is not the people doing double double, or whip double that scare me....it is the horrible "balled up" nasty fulls where people face plant that are the most horrible to watch. How are these restrictions going to protect those athletes? In my opinion, using deductions for bad form, crazy falls, and under-rotated doubles would have worked much better. Again, just my opinion :)

I get where they are coming from with the tumbling rule changes, but honestly, the things we are doing are dangerous and difficult. just as football, hockey, gymnastics, any other sport there are high chances of injury. So, should we say you can't tackle in football because it blows out a lot of people's knees? or gymnasts shouldn't do anything more than single rotation and one flip because they're breaking, spraining, etc left and right? no. they're literally taking the spark of the industry away. do people honestly think the general public is entertained by a level 3 team? no. they want to see the death defying things we do in level 5. we're watering down a sport that has advanced so far in society thanks to the difficulty. we're watering things down when we should really just be teaching coaches how to correctly coach

Back