All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TWIST Cheer Magazine @TWISTCHEERMAG
Important Update for International teams! 17 years at International Open 5 only applies to USA teams. This does not apply to non-USA teams.

thought you'd like to know :)

Although it does only apply to international teams there are teams who send a national team to compete in ICU worlds then they also are given the opportunity to compete at IASF/USASF afterwards if there are only 2 or fewer teams from that country in the division. Traditionally the teams that cross from ICU go into IO5/IOC5 so it now means these teams would not meet the requirements that will no doubt have to be made across the board for worlds in order to keep it fair. Also almost international countries do not have the same upper age limit on senior teams it is rare that clubs competing in worlds are able to do so in any division but international.

I think the USASF are missing a fundamental basis point. If they truly believe safety of athletes is at risk they need to develop a proper coach education system that ensures these skills can be taught correctly. Any coach who has not passed a certain level would not be allowed to coach those skills or their insurance would be void!

I know that the change in the International age requirement will hurt some of the true international teams but the way it was a 14 year old girl could be on the same team as a 26 year old man, if we don't want 12 year olds with 18 year olds then I sure as heck don't want a 14 year old with someone in their 20s.

Shouldn't the parents and coaches make this decision? My 14 y.o. CP is on an international open coed team and the older athletes on that team have been very respectful. I understand the older athletes have a more "adult" life, but this is cheer practice/competition, not the bar.

Now that I'm finally to the end of this thread it grew by 3 pages while I read it. No standing full ridiculous, if the part about bounding skills means no consecutive twisting bounding skills I think it may actually increase creativity and squad tumbling, not that I like the restriction. I really hate that they waited so long to implement these, we just had team placements and we where just talking last night about having some of our more advanced Y2 crossing to Sr2 for more of a challenge now we have to be careful about ages, thank god the owner hadn't officially put any of them on there, and now kids that where put on Sr1 or Sr2 because they were to old for Y2 may not be to old, may have to rearrange some teams:confused: How ever the Youth increase will hopefully help since right now it only has 8 kids on it just wish this would have been announced a few weeks ago. OH and all of the dress rules are ridiculous enforce current rules before you add more and if I have a kid get extremely hot after performing that top is coming off or at least unzipped ASAP!

Shouldn't the parents and coaches make this decision? My 14 y.o. CP is on an international open coed team and the older athletes on that team have been very respectful. I understand the older athletes have a more "adult" life, but this is cheer practice/competition, not the bar.

It could be left up to the parents, but the USASF took it upon themselves to solve a problem that could be there. Some parents may think it is fine for a 14 year old to be on a team with someone who is 24 or 25, but many think that isn't right. If a senior team gets called out for having nothing but 12 year old flyers and it being wrong, then there is definitely something wrong with a 14 year old flyer and 2 bases who are in their 20s.

Wish I could shimmy this a million times. Jammy was one of the few EPs left with the footprint, size and power to lead a mass exodus by creating a ruling entity that actually responded to what their customers wanted.
I think they've got it here! If this is true (which I still am doubting) Jam Brands should definitely allow the L5 tumbling. Whats to stop them from having a Jammy Worlds in Orlando a week before USASF worlds? It certainly is money making, and they'd have all the elite teams. This is just sick.

Why are high level tumbling skills ok for gymnastics and power tumbling, but not cheer??????????

Because in gymnastics you have to perfect a skill for x amount of time before you progress... The progression of gymnastics is much safer. They have credentialing of coaches that is taken seriously and not just used as a money maker to ensure the safety of athletes

Back