All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So when i arrive at a competition as a coach...in "street-clothes" then change later in the day, will the Uniform police stop me and say "Sorry miss you wern't in uniform when you arrived..thats a 10 point deduction" ?????????

I respect that you respect their desicion, but what makes them know what they are doing over anyone else? Debbie Love herself has said that the injuries won't go away with restricting tumbling, her word means a heck of a lot more then most of that board.
Good point. Same as above though, I just know that I'll eventually have to accept whatever rules they put out either way. You never know, all of these outcries might change all of this and we won't have to worry about it!!

I know this is a lot to take in at one time, but i assure you that the show will go on. in 2005 rules were released that we were no longer allowed to do doubles in college cheer, rewind full ups and a few other things. At that time everyone swore the sky was falling, and the future of coed stunting was in jeopardy. that rule about full twisting rewinds affected a very small percentage of us. at the time only the top 2 or 3 teams in each division had anything close to a majority of double fulls. the rules are made based off of things that happen. USASF, Varsity and everyone else quoted in this thread dont sit around trying to make your lives miserable. something happened, and they had to act. none of us are lucky enough to be on the board or able to sit in on the meetings, so arguing that they made the wrong choice is a little one sided. I know in 05, it was based off of college cheerleading not having insurance if things werent changed. if they didnt pick something, we would have lost it all. remember, were all on the same team. usasf varsity etc have quite a bit more invested into the future of cheerleading than most people think about. remember it employees thousands of people, and their interest is to keep it going, even though sometimes rules come out people dont like.

I was waiting for someone to say this!! I didn't know what year it was because I wasn't cheering but I remember the college cheer world freaking out. Thank you for your input! :)

Good point. Same as above though, I just know that I'll eventually have to accept whatever rules they put out either way. You never know, all of these outcries might change all of this and we won't have to worry about it!!
Nothing can change if theres not an outcry so if we sit back then nothing will change. Thats why we voice are opinions. Thats basically what this board is for.

I was SO CLOSE to landing my standing full:( That is the first thing I was gonna do when I got better from my ACL injury. This makes me so sad.

That is my thing, if it is so dangerous then why is this girl's coach allowing her to throw this pass after injuring her ankle last year and having a sprain at the beginning of the season. If it is dangerous why is she still allowing Kelsey to throw these skills in that routine?

didn't finish reading the thread yet, but i just have to point out that even the worlds most elite gymnasts rarely go through their career without an injury... Its just the nature of athletics in general... I think its crazy that your saying that Kelsey shouldn't be competing her double double, it is near flawless. Injuries happen to EVERY athlete, across ALL sports.

ETA:: ut oh, did I miss your sarcasm?? :oops:

Sure we can post about it! Just overall, they know what they are doing. Yes I HATE a lot of the changes, but then I LOVE some. I just respect USASF's decisions. Doesn't mean I have to like them
Your putting your faith in a company that awarded a WORLD TITLE to a team that cheated and had too many boys on the floor. Your putting your faith in a company that would rather limit skills than train coaches? USASF has ONE event and they just dropped the quality 10 fold!

So when i arrive at a competition as a coach...in "street-clothes" then change later in the day, will the Uniform police stop me and say "Sorry miss you wern't in uniform when you arrived..thats a 10 point deduction" ?????????
This just made me crack up even though it is a legit question, horrible that this can be a real question with the new rules:(

Back