All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

By the way...Let's just totally make the boys in this sport feel ashamed to be afraid of who they are or to even participate bc they are restricted in their tumbling skills!!
I totally agree I was just saying last week at a comp that I was proud of how Cheerleading embraces these boys..who most likely live their own kind of hell out in the real world(highschool ect..) but can be themselves on the mat. Big step backwards IMHO

Heat Unique, yes, I can't tell my very poor parents who cannot afford warm-ups that their tiny cheerleaders aren't allowed to wear their sweats to a competition in February. They must come in their tank top and shorts. You know, arrive like you are going to perform.

Heat Unique, yes, I can't tell my very poor parents who cannot afford warm-ups that their tiny cheerleaders aren't allowed to wear their sweats to a competition in February. They must come in their tank top and shorts. You know, arrive like you are going to perform.
That is just not right :banghead:

OK so let's see if I understand this right. The USASF makes drastic rule changes( you may agree or disagree with the changes but you must agree they are drastic)without including the rules commitee or experts in the cheerleading industry(ie Debbie Love) Wait...what! This doesn't even pass the stink test!!

I think this is all a little extreme! I mean to say a girl/guy who worked her butt off to master her tumbling skills to perform them on the floor just to be turned around and say NOPE sorry you cant its illegal. These rules are a joke, some make sense but most to me seem wayyyy to drastic. The uniform rules I understand the whole no tube top rule, but come on only seniors are allowed to have their mid drifts shown??? If the uniform is age appropriate while the middriff is still shown I am ok with that cause there are alot of little girls who look so cute and adorable in them.

Also, that whole you must be in full uniform when arriving to the competition.....ummmm NO! If its 15 degrees outside with snow on the ground, I dont want my daughter outside in a skirt freezing her butt off, and end up getting sick!

There is a petition started on facebook that everyone should sign because these people need to re-evaluate things.

They are saying we need to focus on Education but in reality someone needs to go ad RE-EDUCATE the people on the board. Obviously they where not paying attention when someone taught them what this sport entails, and the definition of hard work, determination, and COMPETITION. Your taking the competition away from this kids to even the playing field, why?!? .. News flash cheerleading is not for everyone, if you can't step up to our level then pick a new sport.

I'm sad that the next time my daughter (who sat out this season due to a torn ACL) competes the skills will not be allowed. She was very upset, her comment “I have maxed all skills and have nothing to work for now”. She now not sure if she wants to return to Allstar Cheer despite working the entire season to successfully rehab her knee. I guess you could say this is the beginning of the end for Allstar. They should not change the tumbling skills allowed they need to heavily penalize the gyms in scoring who attempt these skills and do not execute them correctly. If this is an attempt to level the playing field then they are going eventually kill the sport. For the kids especially the boys that have embraced allstar cheer because of the tumbling this is going to be a huge reason to not even consider Allstar Cheer. Due to the expense of allstar cheer who wants to invest money in sport that continues to limit what the athletes can do. I understand the concern for safety, but there are other ways this could be handled. In fact why spend the extra money when you can just allow your child to participate in school cheer for a third of the cost( you can do running fulls in school year on non-spring floors). Thanks USAF what a way to kill a sport that had such potential, and was such a positive outlet for our children. As I stated before, due to cost, time investment, etc you have just sign Allstar Cheer Death Warrant.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me exactly how many people were involved in these rule changes? was it like 15 or 20? less? that's how many people are deciding the future of all star cheer?
when you are making that many drastic changes i think all gym owners that are members of the usasf should have a vote.

I totally agree I was just saying last week at a comp that I was proud of how Cheerleading embraces these boys..who most likely live their own kind of hell out in the real world(highschool ect..) but can be themselves on the mat. Big step backwards IMHO

Exactly.. Now they are going to walk onto the big blue mat afraid someone is going to think they are acting too feminine.. As if some of them aren't afraid of that judgement enough in the real world. Goodbye safe place to be yourself!

I could comment on lots of things, but this one bothers me the worst. I know skills, blah blah, but THIS!

I am horrified that this made into writing and was released by the USASF. ''Males - minimize exaggerated or theatrical movements'' Why weren't gestures by females athletes mentioned? One of my favorite kids threw her double for the first time this week and she made a theatrical hand gesture at the end, and that's apparently okay. But if a boy does it, OMG, is someone afraid he might be GAY? That's all I can come up with and I find it offensive.

When the person or committee wrote these rules, they apparently locked themselves in a closet. When you start talking about the size of bow, you have to know that you have wandered off the course of reality.

Then why change the rules? Is there some kind of bigger picture that I don't see? I don't understand what the end game is.

Sport Accord and the ICU becoming the International Governing Body. The chain of command ICU over USA Cheer over USASF. Who is president of ICU and USA Cheer?

The only people who can stop this is us - please let your voice be heard! Send emails to USASF write letters, anything! I don't want the hard work of countless athletes including myself to go to waste.

Back