All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think that after everyone had some time and slept on it, as well as got additional information about the ruling, that they have a greater understanding of where this is potentially heading. Sometimes things are not so obvious to the "masses" and while obviously hugely unpopular at first, I don't see nearly as much outrage as I did last night.
The process should be cause for outrage......where this is potentially heading is secondary. IMO...the sheep are just following along. Don't want to compromise your chances at World's this year now do ya?

Quite a few things. I highly support the age grid and division changes. I think as there is little discussion or argument about those they made sense. Those did not need to follow the process as we made changes last year so they are within the bounds of our current system.

Outside of the statement about males I do support the 'idea' of the image code. I think it needs refinement, but they also gave plenty of time to make adjustments if needed.

The problem they were tackling with the tumbling rules I understand. I support the USASF in the fact I think they will get it right, even if they don't exactly have it right now.

I was ready to shimmy your response till you said you support the USASF in the fact that you think they will get it right...I used to believe that. Not anymore. :(

so are some coaches not speaking up because their scared of upsetting usasf with worlds coming so soon..... or are they genuinely content with the new changes..?

so are some coaches not speaking up because their scared of upsetting usasf with worlds coming so soon..... or are they genuinely content with the new changes..?

I believe based on history of these issues being brought up year after year that these specific coaches/gyms truly are content with the new changes. I don't believe for a second that they are kissing the USASF's butt so they can fair better at worlds.

this is a joke! gymnasts tumble way harder than we do n we r the ones being punished! i will quit cheer n go to gymnastics if this is how it is! i refuse to water down my skills ive worked so hard on!

Why in the world would stingrays come out in full support of the new rules? They posted full support on twitter with Charlotte all stars.

---
I am here: Google Maps

Quite a few things. I highly support the age grid and division changes. I think as there is little discussion or argument about those they made sense. Those did not need to follow the process as we made changes last year so they are within the bounds of our current system.

The only thing I was a little perplexed about was raising the youth age to 12. Is that to increase the competition in the youth 5 division rather than scrap it? That only leaves for gyms that form true, age specific teams, 13 & 14 for juniors. Why not just scrap junior all together and make senior 5 13-18 since you can have down to age 10 for senior 1-4. Many senior teams already have their senior teams at those ages anyway.

this is a joke! gymnasts tumble way harder than we do n we r the ones being punished! i will quit cheer n go to gymnastics if this is how it is! i refuse to water down my skills ive worked so hard on!

Gymnastics coach are better trained and certified than most all-star tumbling coaches are. Go ahead and switch to gymnastics, but when they don't let you move on to fulls because you haven't absolutely perfected your layout, you'll be annoyed (or double versus full, whatever your specific tumbling is). Which is precisely what's wrong with cheerleading.

This feels a lot like Germany in the 1930's. What to wear? How to keep your hair? No exaggerated movements? (Boys only?) I'll bet the USASF caves within the next day or two. Major PR gaffe.

Back