Members see FEWER ads... join today!

uuugh... the preliminary vote on youth 5 was won by 76%... not close at all

I think the folks are referring to this question:
39) Divisions ‐ Add, Delete, or Restrict Divisions
Eliminate Youth Level 5
Yes 356 51.15%
No 325 46.70%
Did not vote on this issue 15 2.15%

If you restrict J5 then what is the purpose of SO5? Where do you groom your athletes for S5?
If they eliminate Youth 5, they proposed a Restricted Junior 5 division which would follow the same rules as SO5. Junior 5 would still exist with double fulls and full through to full passes, etc.

I think the folks are referring to this question:
39) Divisions ‐ Add, Delete, or Restrict Divisions
Eliminate Youth Level 5
Yes 356 51.15%
No 325 46.70%
Did not vote on this issue 15 2.15%

yeah i assumed, but doesn't the previous vote, changing age guidelines super cede any following conflicts?

That's what i thought. It would be nice if they could enforce it somehow. It becomes a "he said/she said" unless there is physical evidence involved. There is one gym in my area to whom this should apply.

Not saying I would, but I could easily fake some evidence. How do you prove who made it?

Not saying I would, but I could easily fake some evidence. How do you prove who made it?

Call in CSI? I thought of that as well. Call me cynical but I try and see the good in people and there just isn't any in some.

Call in CSI? I thought of that as well. Call me cynical but I try and see the good in people and there just isn't any in some.

Don't set people up to fail. Too many people ask others to do something that is almost impossible, and then get upset when those individuals do not succeed. You have to create real situations that a person can succeed in (otherwise you are at fault). I feel like that is missed a lot of times in all these discussions and improvements.

Don't set people up to fail. Too many people ask others to do something that is almost impossible, and then get upset when those individuals do not succeed. You have to create real situations that a person can succeed in (otherwise you are at fault). I feel like that is missed a lot of times in all these discussions and improvements.

Not trying to set anyone up for failure. Just wishing there was a way to police the ethics rule which appears cannot happen effectively.

I don't like how a season is defined as a calendar year judged by the eligibility date but that was voted to remain August.. Wouldn't it make sense for it to be May when everyone starts their seasons for real?

I think it's stupid, as well. I actually think it should be up to each gym to define their season. My gosh, tryouts in the our area are in April and in the East I think maybe May? So practice for the new year starts months BEFORE the actual calender season begins? And that would mean an athlete would have to get that stupid signed release from their "current' gym just to try out at another gym. That makes no sense at all. Not one bit. Why do gyms have to go by this season thing, anyway? The NACCC was a bad idea from the beginning. Big Government does not work.

Because of the new rule that passed about an athlete competing for only one gym per SEASON, unless they get a signed release from their current gym. That would, technically, mean the SEASON would be determined by either May 31-May 31 or Aug 31- Aug 31. Meaning the SEASON would still be in place when tryouts occurred. Meaning the athlete would techinically require the signed release to be able to tryout for another gym.
This is a huge problem.

Because of the new rule that passed about an athlete competing for only one gym per SEASON, unless they get a signed release from their current gym. That would, technically, mean the SEASON would be determined by either May 31-May 31 or Aug 31- Aug 31. Meaning the SEASON would still be in place when tryouts occurred. Meaning the athlete would techinically require the signed release to be able to tryout for another gym.
This is a huge problem.

Doesnt the rule only apply to competing? You can tumble and train where ever you want. Otherwise you could ONLY tumble at one gym.

Because the season 'ends' before actual competition starts nothing really happens.

Yeah, although I can see them splitting the difference on crossovers, letting the two-team rule stand but tweaking or eliminating the percentage rule. That's one that I think has a bit of a punitive effect on small gyms that may need to crossover 30 or 40 percent of one team to make another. I'm more concerned with crossovers between levels, which aren't addressed in these new rules at all.

I couldn't agree with you more on the levels! I saw way too many level 5 athletes competing on level 1 and 2 teams this weekend from one particular gym - and that gym competed 8 teams so it is hard to believe they needed these athletes to fill a team. It was ridiculous and this abuse of the crossover rule needs to change! What other sport allows an elite level athlete to compete with beginners or advanced beginners?

Doesnt the rule only apply to competing? You can tumble and train where ever you want. Otherwise you could ONLY tumble at one gym.

Because the season 'ends' before actual competition starts nothing really happens.

The rule only applies to competing. You can tryout and tumble without being released.

I think that since we were given 3 opportunities to vote out Youth 5 and only one just barely passed, and that #30 passed upping the age of Youth to 12, that we should keep Youth 5 with restrictions since that was favored by a large majority

But the way it is written it leaves way too much loopholes for individual interpretation for the gym's.
Do they say the season is over after Worlds? Do they say the season is over going by the letter of the rule, which would be May-May or Aug-Aug?
It seems the declaring of a season plays completely into the court of the "one gym per SEASON" rule. They can not use SEASON in one rule without using it in every instance occurring within thier chosen Season Calender Date. It is too inconsistant and some gyms will say "Susie needs a written release to tryout for Gym A" and some gyms will say "No she doesn't".
It makes no sense.

Back