All-Star Usasf Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If a uniform causes a safety concern, or a distraction to the judges-yes, we will say something. If your uniform tops are slipping off and I see ta-tas, I'm sure as heck going to write that on the score sheet.

Top Gun comes to mind at NCA several years ago, thay had to change the uniform for finals as they got a warning on day one about the uniform if i remember correctly. I have many pictures I have had to delete do to uniforms malfuncting and not doing there job so to speak.

I went through a situation like this. We had open shoulder uniforms at one point that were full tops. Well, the lady gave me a medium because i "have broad shoulders" too bad that won't matter in an open shouldered uniform. and then because it was just a crop, it fit me fine. but when I got a medium in our actual uniform, it was huge and i was swimming in it. I ended up trading tops with a girl halfway through the season.

As a parent, who probably was not invited or allowed to be involved in the uniform fitting, I'm not going to purchase a uniform that shows up and doesn't fit. I know who our gym's rep is and I would go directly to the rep to make sure we got the problem corrected.

As a parent, who probably was not invited or allowed to be involved in the uniform fitting, I'm not going to purchase a uniform that shows up and doesn't fit. I know who our gym's rep is and I would go directly to the rep to make sure we got the problem corrected.
At the time, I was about twelve or thirteen, so I didn't think anything about it. I figured that the medium would fit just fine. Obviously we realized why it didn't after the fact. We did the fitting during one of our practices so parents weren't at the gym during the fitting.

Why wouldn't you be allowed at a fitting? Our CPs are getting fitted on the 31st for their amazing new uniforms...Cant wait!....so we signed up for a time right at the beginning of their practice. Usually if I don't go back their with them, if there's some question about something our gym owner will run them out to us to come back and ask about adding inches or what we think of the fit.

It's always been a team effort with us and only takes about 5 minutes a kid. I did ask them to add length to my sons pants when we ordered since "captain grows a lot" would most assuredly be taller when they came in (he's approaching 6-1....he turned 14 in may) we all agreed in about two seconds, bam, done. Uniforms fit great. I sooooooo can't wait for the new ones!

Why wouldn't you be allowed at a fitting? Our CPs are getting fitted on the 31st for their amazing new uniforms...Cant wait!....so we signed up for a time right at the beginning of their practice. Usually if I don't go back their with them, if there's some question about something our gym owner will run them out to us to come back and ask about adding inches or what we think of the fit.

It's always been a team effort with us and only takes about 5 minutes a kid. I did ask them to add length to my sons pants when we ordered since "captain grows a lot" would most assuredly be taller when they came in (he's approaching 6-1....he turned 14 in may) we all agreed in about two seconds, bam, done. Uniforms fit great. I sooooooo can't wait for the new ones!

Parents, or should I say, ACTIVE parents at my fittings stress me out. Ive had parents completely fight me over what size to order (with my sizers mind you). Ive had to draw up a contact before saying "I am disagreeing with the rep over the size so if this uniform comes back and the straps don't lay correctly or the uniform is too, big, I, as the parent, fully understand I went against the Reps wishes" Sounds dramatic to do but saves my butt when the coach calls and says "You fitted wrong" Most of my fittings, the coaches do a good job or not allowing parents in. Some parents just think they have been GK reps for years. LOL!

I remember we got fitted for our uniforms one year and I had the same last name as one of the girls on my team. We got our uniforms in and our coaches put names okln each piece so we could get them a little quicker. They only put LAST names on our skirts and the girl with the same last name as me was NOT as small as she thought she was (I was 4'9 and 85lbs and she was probably 5'2 and 150lbs) and she took my skirt, they had her try it on and her mom was like oh no its fine they must have just sent her the wrong one... (had to have it let out... And even then it STILL squeezed her) but anyways I ended up having a skirt that was about 5 sizes too big and the way that the fin was cut in my skirt we couldn't have it fixed. When the coaches figured out the problem the mom refused to trade with me because "it was her skirt and they already spent so much money to have it fixed." My mom ended up ordering me a skirt in my actual size. Let me tell you my uniform looked CUTE hanging down almost to my knees the first few competitions..

I remember we got fitted for our uniforms one year and I had the same last name as one of the girls on my team. We got our uniforms in and our coaches put names okln each piece so we could get them a little quicker. They only put LAST names on our skirts and the girl with the same last name as me was NOT as small as she thought she was (I was 4'9 and 85lbs and she was probably 5'2 and 150lbs) and she took my skirt, they had her try it on and her mom was like oh no its fine they must have just sent her the wrong one... (had to have it let out... And even then it STILL squeezed her) but anyways I ended up having a skirt that was about 5 sizes too big and the way that the fin was cut in my skirt we couldn't have it fixed. When the coaches figured out the problem the mom refused to trade with me because "it was her skirt and they already spent so much money to have it fixed." My mom ended up ordering me a skirt in my actual size. Let me tell you my uniform looked CUTE hanging down almost to my knees the first few competitions..

Oh hellll no. I hope the gym bought your new skirt.

Parents, or should I say, ACTIVE parents at my fittings stress me out. Ive had parents completely fight me over what size to order (with my sizers mind you). Ive had to draw up a contact before saying "I am disagreeing with the rep over the size so if this uniform comes back and the straps don't lay correctly or the uniform is too, big, I, as the parent, fully understand I went against the Reps wishes" Sounds dramatic to do but saves my butt when the coach calls and says "You fitted wrong" Most of my fittings, the coaches do a good job or not allowing parents in. Some parents just think they have been GK reps for years. LOL!
Hmmmm. Yet another example of me being out of touch with the reality of cheer moms I guess. Really?! I say it's a group effort but when my coach asks me something, but my default answer is always and has always been, "whatever you think." (that answer also goes for placement in the routines, positions on the floor and what skills theyre working on etc.).

the only thing I want to ensure the varsity rep gets about my kid is that my daughter does NOT like it when there's separation between the top and bottom (were full tops at Aviator and my daughter simply demands that, a half top uniform is basically a deal breaker for her and she's a fit kid, she's just really modest, she wears a black bodysuit underneath so if the top rides up, she's still covered) and that my son grew 9 inches in 18 months and hasnt slowed up yet. Hes not modest at all...he's also put on 50 pounds of muscle, is freakin ripped and makes me take the sleeves off all His practice shirts >eyeroll< They're usually happy to add inches for both and, kabam, we're done. As for how everything else fits...."whatever you think."

The more I hear from coaches on this board the more I realize how in the minority I must be. My kid are at practice every single day, i dont coach them from the sidelines other than parroting what ive heard their coaches say) were either direct draft or paid in full up front, And our entire philosophy is "team first" even if that means my kid is in the back row. Aside from that, ive never been a cheerleader in my life so i dont pretend to understand half of what they do, even though I've educated myself on score sheets enough over the last two years to score divisions and at least on a varsity sheet, I've gotten really Daggum good at it! At king of the jungle I not only got all of our teams in the right placement, I got the entire division (except mini 1) in the right order too. :)

They're building a wall to wall off the parent section from the floor at our gym and there is much discussion in the parent section about it. I don't care...they have big mirrored glass windows they're putting in, and I don't care....my response was....if this gets my kid one step closer to a cheersport jacket, I say make the windows portholes for all I care. The only thing that is sad is the parent section would sometimes break out in cheering when a kid hits a new skill or the stunt groups just learned a new sequence and all hit it and we'd shout a lot of "atta boys" and great jobs...but my kids say there are other parents shouting coaching from the sidelines, I never hear that but I tend to avoid people that annoy me...and that kind of thing would annoy me :)

It is and has always been about my kids and if I didn't trust their coaches (now that I know what real coaching looks like) we'd be somewhere else. So we bring our kids, I cut my checks and have faith that what they're doing...even if I don't get it sometimes...which happens a lot I might add....is what's best for my CPs progression and success.

I'm learning that is far less the norm than I thought it was.

*Cut for length*
Can you adopt me? Even if I had started in this younger, you and my mother approach this very similarly. I think the only time I've seen my mother huffy was when my bro's volleyball coach was being ridiculous..and even then she let my brother decide what to do because he was 16/17 haha

Truthfully, there are some of the guidelines I like. And sometimes, I think 'This might not have happened if people weren't pushing the envelope constantly til it flew open and smacked somebody in the face.' And some of the guidelines make me think 'Simmer down, Varsity/USASF.' Because let's be real, that 'Quiz' they had everyone take was so skewed it was laughable. We should have refused to take it on principle and handled it ourselves.

2 things...

1. Thank you for recomending Amanda for our gym in Minnesota to do our fitting this year. She was great. and we can't wait to get our uniforms any day now!!

2. We had our parents meeting right away in May and required ALL The athletes to attend as well. We set up a fitting room for Amanda and her millions of samples. Then during the meeting athletes were fitted for their uniforms while one of the gym owners supervised and commented how things should fit, asked the kids how things felt, etc... Then by the time the meeting was over and the other gym owner went through the handbook and everything with the parents, everyone was fitted for their uniform, and everyone could leave at the same time. Everyone was happy=)

Hmmmm. Yet another example of me being out of touch with the reality of cheer moms I guess. Really?! I say it's a group effort but when my coach asks me something, but my default answer is always and has always been, "whatever you think." (that answer also goes for placement in the routines, positions on the floor and what skills theyre working on etc.).

the only thing I want to ensure the varsity rep gets about my kid is that my daughter does NOT like it when there's separation between the top and bottom (were full tops at Aviator and my daughter simply demands that, a half top uniform is basically a deal breaker for her and she's a fit kid, she's just really modest, she wears a black bodysuit underneath so if the top rides up, she's still covered) and that my son grew 9 inches in 18 months and hasnt slowed up yet. Hes not modest at all...he's also put on 50 pounds of muscle, is freakin ripped and makes me take the sleeves off all His practice shirts >eyeroll< They're usually happy to add inches for both and, kabam, we're done. As for how everything else fits...."whatever you think."

The more I hear from coaches on this board the more I realize how in the minority I must be. My kid are at practice every single day, i dont coach them from the sidelines other than parroting what ive heard their coaches say) were either direct draft or paid in full up front, And our entire philosophy is "team first" even if that means my kid is in the back row. Aside from that, ive never been a cheerleader in my life so i dont pretend to understand half of what they do, even though I've educated myself on score sheets enough over the last two years to score divisions and at least on a varsity sheet, I've gotten really Daggum good at it! At king of the jungle I not only got all of our teams in the right placement, I got the entire division (except mini 1) in the right order too. :)

They're building a wall to wall off the parent section from the floor at our gym and there is much discussion in the parent section about it. I don't care...they have big mirrored glass windows they're putting in, and I don't care....my response was....if this gets my kid one step closer to a cheersport jacket, I say make the windows portholes for all I care. The only thing that is sad is the parent section would sometimes break out in cheering when a kid hits a new skill or the stunt groups just learned a new sequence and all hit it and we'd shout a lot of "atta boys" and great jobs...but my kids say there are other parents shouting coaching from the sidelines, I never hear that but I tend to avoid people that annoy me...and that kind of thing would annoy me :)

It is and has always been about my kids and if I didn't trust their coaches (now that I know what real coaching looks like) we'd be somewhere else. So we bring our kids, I cut my checks and have faith that what they're doing...even if I don't get it sometimes...which happens a lot I might add....is what's best for my CPs progression and success.

You are more than welcome to join our gym if you ever move down here. Our parents aren't walled off but for the most part we don't have any problems with that, who knows what they would talk about if they were all in their own private little box.

But we are a gym that will kick out problems and scold sideline coaching

2 things...

1. Thank you for recomending Amanda for our gym in Minnesota to do our fitting this year. She was great. and we can't wait to get our uniforms any day now!!

2. We had our parents meeting right away in May and required ALL The athletes to attend as well. We set up a fitting room for Amanda and her millions of samples. Then during the meeting athletes were fitted for their uniforms while one of the gym owners supervised and commented how things should fit, asked the kids how things felt, etc... Then by the time the meeting was over and the other gym owner went through the handbook and everything with the parents, everyone was fitted for their uniform, and everyone could leave at the same time. Everyone was happy=)

Alisha -

No problem. Amanda is amazing! I am glad everything went smooth with your order and fitting!!! Not all of my fittings are horrible. Ive had some pretty smooth ones. Typically its that "one mom per gym" type situation that all goes smooth except that one mom weasels in to cause a ruckus!

I have yet to have a varsity rep fit a uniform correctly. The last time we ordered uniforms our gym owner allowed each parent to approve the sizes. We received our practice uniforms after the initial sizing and when the rep came back for final sizings I asked her to change a size. She was not happy and said "you are paying for it even if it doesnt fit". I agreed with her that I would pay regardless and she still didnt want to change the size so I asked her if she "would pay for it if it doesnt fit". She reluctantly changed it and when it came in it fit perfect. I understand some parents are over the top but most of us know what sizes our kid wears, how much they grow during the season, etc. I have no problem with a rep politely suggesting a size and signing a release that says I ordered a size not recommended and I own it weather it fits or not. I do have a problem with a rude and arrogant rep telling me I have no clue what I am talking about. I have a problem with any salesperson giving me that type of attitude when I am spending hundreds of dollars on something.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

our unis are Varsity, and I am hoping this time is better than te last. CP was on half season lat year and we had a full top and skirt from the heavy compression spandex fabric. The rep fit te girls with crop tops made of mystic. Everyone's top was too small. My CPs was so small she couldn't tumble without it rolling up under her armpits. They also messed up the logo on the back and had to rerun the tops, so I asked that CP get the next size up on the rerun. Well, they. managed to screw that up too an end the same size Agian so CP ended up with someone else's top that had length added she didn't need and the other child wore a top with the wrong logo on the back.
This year she is on full season and we fit with the correct sample run, but I was told that sleeves couldn't be shortened at all so CP with be folding under about 3 inches. Length of the top itself was fine, but the sleeves are way too long.

As a parent, especially of a younger CP, I would be very uncomfortable paying almost 300 for a uniform and having no part of the fitting process, especially after what happened last year.