All-Star Usasf Survey

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

RandomCheerMom

Cheer Parent
Sep 30, 2014
In all these years, I've never started a thread here, but this is huge and I didn't see anything about it so far. Did anyone else get the USASF survey this afternoon? I can tell they are trying. I'm guessing numbers (re: money) is down so they're wondering, but it's a step in the right direction. It was multiple choice with the option to choose only 1 or you could leave a comment. I am hopeful that this is a positive. There is no way to summarize a dozen years in a short multiple choice survey, but I feel good that they at least tried. I'd always set up a phone meeting if they want to know more.

I didn't get one. I would love to know some of the questions. Our gym signs us up for USASF and I've never seen any emails from them.

I got one, got to the question where they asked for annual household income - it was a required answer so I closed the survey. I take a lot of surveys and that question has never been mandatory. USASF has no business knowing what my personal income is. Another fail by them IMO.

I got one, got to the question where they asked for annual household income - it was a required answer so I closed the survey. I take a lot of surveys and that question has never been mandatory. USASF has no business knowing what my personal income is. Another fail by them IMO.

Is it an anonymous survey? Just wondering.

I can see why they asked it and I think it's important for them to figure out what kind of families make up their market so I personally wouldn't consider it a fail. I know I wouldn't have an issue putting that down but I understand why others wouldn't want to, especially if it wasn't anonymous.

I'd be interested to hear what the other questions are, too.

I didn't get it - get everything else from them, but not that. I would not reveal household income to them.

I can understand why they may be asking it. We are constantly telling them that it is too expensive and it is the number one reason athletes are leaving the sport. But they have not shown they are capable of protecting information. They have sold or given information to vendors to contact us that we never would of contacted for anything. So there is no way I would ever trust them with that kind of info.

I didn't get it - get everything else from them, but not that. I would not reveal household income to them.

I can understand why they may be asking it. We are constantly telling them that it is too expensive and it is the number one reason athletes are leaving the sport. But they have not shown they are capable of protecting information. They have sold or given information to vendors to contact us that we never would of contacted for anything. So there is no way I would ever trust them with that kind of info.
I didn't care if they knew. Anonymous or not, it's no big deal to me. I get why it is to some though. I am sure many click the highest income bracket AND also click Too Expensive in respones to many of the questions just like those in any other bracket would. I don't care how much you make. It IS expensive.

My kid has been out of Allstar for a full season now, but hopefully the survey helps make it slightly better for the next generation. She won't go back even though she's got several more years before she's even 18. No way they can turn it around THAT MUCH in a short amount of time.

I didn't care if they knew. Anonymous or not, it's no big deal to me. I get why it is to some though. I am sure many click the highest income bracket AND also click Too Expensive in respones to many of the questions just like those in any other bracket would. I don't care how much you make. It IS expensive.

My kid has been out of Allstar for a full season now, but hopefully the survey helps make it slightly better for the next generation. She won't go back even though she's got several more years before she's even 18. No way they can turn it around THAT MUCH in a short amount of time.

I have two that have been out for 4 years at least and definitely will not ever go back.

Is it an anonymous survey? Just wondering.

I can see why they asked it and I think it's important for them to figure out what kind of families make up their market so I personally wouldn't consider it a fail. I know I wouldn't have an issue putting that down but I understand why others wouldn't want to, especially if it wasn't anonymous.

I'd be interested to hear what the other questions are, too.
Make it optional. I could not answer the survey because they made the 3rd question that is none of their #%$&* business mandatory and I was not allowed to complete the survey. I've been in this "industry/activity/sport" whatever you want to call it for over 10 years and wanted to give my input. That is a fail.

Make it optional. I could not answer the survey because they made the 3rd question that is none of their #%$&* business mandatory and I was not allowed to complete the survey. I've been in this "industry/activity/sport" whatever you want to call it for over 10 years and wanted to give my input. That is a fail.

My childs school sent a survey with that as a required question. I also chose not to answer and therefore could not complete the survey. I figured that they cared more about my income than my opinions if it was required.

My childs school sent a survey with that as a required question. I also chose not to answer and therefore could not complete the survey. I figured that they cared more about my income than my opinions if it was required.

I remember things like that growing up where they wanted our income information to "help the school." I learned right then at a young age that that was not the real reason and have been wary of any organization or business asking a question like that without having great reasons why AND proper controls over information gathered. IMO they have neither.

They state many times on other platforms that they can't cut costs. that it is up to the gym owner as their "rep" to cut costs on their profits instead to make it more affordable for parents. They have equated themselves with Nordstrom or Rolls Royce so that they have no need to apologize or cut their prices. Which is absolutely fine but then they do whatever they can - in the name of business of course - to keep people from going to Walmart and Target to purchase a similar product - even knowing that it is not the same. So to ask that question to me is irrelevant to previously stated goals and visions. They have staked a claim and position, and show little to no willingness to adjust to get their numbers back up. Which of course depending on who you talk to they are up better than ever before or dropped by crazy amounts to the point of raised eyebrows. (Sarcasm on that last part)

Last edited:
Back